Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's Australian mate. As much as you or I are.

I agree with him, I can accept that others won't. But honestly, attempting to cast him as an outsider due to appearance, cultural practice, or an arbitrary generational threshold is ******* toilet.

Are you guys all nuts? I give up seriously.

Going to be interesting to see what sort of reaction it gets from all the bogan nutters who ring 6PR.
On one hand they think Nic Nat walks on water but on the other they are the sort who completely lose their minds over the idea of a made up holiday on an arbitrary date being moved because bloody inner city late sipping elites. Straya!
Cognitive dissonance to the max.

Nic Nat definitely grew up around and works with a lot of indigenous people, but his opinion shouldn't be afforded extra weight above that relevant particular experience because of the colour of his skin.

His employment gives him a platform and that's just fine, he should be able to say what he wants.

We have an epic tennis game at Rod Laver with Millman against Federer and the crowd are all supporting Federer. Absolutely disgraceful.. Victorians, give yourselves an uppercut.

Whilst I have to agree Rod Laver gets the most corporates (either quiet or foreign and lacking the Aussie allegiance) and all the tourists. It’s why Kyrgios prefers Melbourne Arena as all the Aussie’s pack it and make it fun

We have an epic tennis game at Rod Laver with Millman against Federer and the crowd are all supporting Federer. Absolutely disgraceful.. Victorians, give yourselves an uppercut.
Roger Federer is the most popular tennis player of this generation playing in what could be his final Australian Open. Plus tennis is an individual sport. No one is playing directly for their country unless its Davis Cup, Olympics or that bastardisation ATP Cup so no Australian tennis player automatically deserves our support. I doubt you'd be saying the same thing if this was Bernie playing Roger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately Millman et al would never be able to compete with Roger. The guy is a tennis legend - but also charming, charismatic, self-effacing with an endearing geekiness, nice hair and can speak seven languages. What's not to love?

I’m not a basketball fan at all but Kobe’s death came as a shock to all. RIP Kobe, his daughter, and the 7 other ppl in the helicopter.

Watched the Grammys with my wife and kids and Alecia Keys was spectacular. It’s crazy that they were in the arena where Kobe played and his jersey hung. Weird how life works sometimes. Her heart and authenticity were comforting and tragic at the same time. Not a fan of her music but hats off to her. Her rendition of that Louis Capaldi song was brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's sad to watch Federer scratching around, he just saved six match points against world #100. Even if he ends up scraping past this guy like he did Millman he is going to be fodder for Djokovic. Just retire Rog.

Last edited:
Anyone would be fodder for Novak atm. Roger is still a top 3-5 player capable of going deep in GS's. Sandgren is having the tournament of his life and has beaten players ranked 8 and 12 to get here, he's been fantastic. Being a top 100 player is no joke.

Obviousy as 39 he's not what he once was but if he still loves playing (and he obviously does) and he's still one of the best in the world why would he retire?

odd comment.

Anyone would be fodder for Novak atm. Roger is still a top 3-5 player capable of going deep in GS's. Sandgren is having the tournament of his life and has beaten players ranked 8 and 12 to get here, he's been fantastic. Being a top 100 player is no joke.

Obviousy as 39 he's not what he once was but if he still loves playing (and he obviously does) and he's still one of the best in the world why would he retire?

odd comment.
Haselby the other night on 6PR stating how Stosur should retire. Few years back their were similar comments regarding Hewitt.

Unless he's just trolling, or jealous, I find it quite bizarre. Excluding playing for your country in Davis/Fed cup/Olympics, as a tennis player you are playing for yourself. They mention your country of origin more for spectator interest than anything else. Play for as long as you want to or until you don't qualify for tournaments anymore. Make as much money as you can if you want. You're not affecting a team's results (ala AFL) or blocking the passage of another countryman/woman ala swimming so I say, go for your life. I know Haselby has come from a team sport with a huge focus on player turnover but really he should know better or he's just playing silly buggers.

afl players will discuss taking a pay cut to restrict gambling advertising. Its under a paywall thru The Age, but I don't think the players should take the moral high ground on this.
They don't get paid nearly as much as NFL, NBA,Tennis stars etc
If i was Cerra or someone of his age, I would be trying to get as much as I could, as it all finishes very quickly.

Haselby the other night on 6PR stating how Stosur should retire. Few years back their were similar comments regarding Hewitt.

Unless he's just trolling, or jealous, I find it quite bizarre. Excluding playing for your country in Davis/Fed cup/Olympics, as a tennis player you are playing for yourself. They mention your country of origin more for spectator interest than anything else. Play for as long as you want to or until you don't qualify for tournaments anymore. Make as much money as you can if you want. You're not affecting a team's results (ala AFL) or blocking the passage of another countryman/woman ala swimming so I say, go for your life. I know Haselby has come from a team sport with a huge focus on player turnover but really he should know better or he's just playing silly buggers.

Comparing retirement agenda of Stosur/Hewitt and Federer is not a comparison I would make. Neither Aussie, of course, were anywhere near having the legacy of GOAT.

Scratching around to a grand slam semi...Gee what a hack.

As usual you are as dense as the Amazon Jungle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back