Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scorchers stinking it up again. FFS It’s like they don’t want to win.

They just seem to a dumb batting team really. Each and every game we’ve lost this season is because we’ve thrown away wickets we don’t need to.

The wickets tonight:
Inglis- Tentative batting which resulted in the ball going back to the stumps
Livingstone- Like most games he threw his wicket away. Poor batting.
Marsh- Terrible running between the wickets. If he’d gone on Bancroft’s call he makes and easily.
Bancroft- full toss that should’ve gone for four/six
Patterson- as above
David- seemed to decide he was going to charge down the wicket and just swing as hard as he could. Only works occasionally.
Green- I’m sorry but I don’t see the hype in the t20 format - not yer anyway. Again poor running.

They’re our top seven so I won’t bother going further. The Ashtons can’t be back soon enough...

They are the same offense as far as ASADA is concerned. The second event occurred before the first's notification

Isn’t it that he will still face ‘trial’ over both offences, but they can be served concurrently, so essentially he only serves the longer suspension?

The players won't care one bit if they win this game.
They'll play for the reason for why they loved playing footy as a kid and that itself is something that gets lost a bit in today's ultra professional landscape. Of course neither side will care if they don't win but I'm sure they'll have fun out there.

On SM-T835 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey guys, if you haven't done so already, pop your heads in to the thread below for the exhibition match we've got going on with the Sweet FA board, we still need recruits for the match for the Freo team so pop your name down to play* if you're keen!
*It's a computer simulation, you don't have to leave the comfort of your couch!

Go Pack Go. Hope to hear this a ton today...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Disappointing end to the season but still further than I thought we'd make it.

I only watched the youtube highlights but it looked like the 49ers just cut them open all day with their running game.

Disappointing end to the season but still further than I thought we'd make it.

I only watched the youtube highlights but it looked like the 49ers just cut them open all day with their running game.

Agreed. The Pack got lucky quit a bit this year and had very few injuries. They exceeded my expectations this year so I’m fine with the result. But it was an old fashioned ass whopping. 220 yards on the ground for the 49ers. 160 in the first half and 109 of the 160 was before first contact was initiated. Ouch. Garoppolo only threw the ball 8 times. That’s unbelievable. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game where a quarterback only throws it eight times. Pack would have gotten pummeled by the Chiefs anyway. Now it’s two months with no good sports on until March!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. The Pack got lucky quit a bit this year and had very few injuries. They exceeded my expectations this year so I’m fine with the result. But it was an old fashioned ass whopping. 220 yards on the ground for the 49ers. 160 in the first half and 109 of the 160 was before first contact was initiated. Ouch. Garoppolo only threw the ball 8 times. That’s unbelievable. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game where a quarterback only throws it eight times. Pack would have gotten pummeled by the Chiefs anyway. Now it’s two months with no good sports on until March!

A sad end to a very good year by your Packers. Good coaching from the 49ers to keep going with the running game as that was getting the points on the board and Jimmy G could stay out of harms way.
Mahomes had a fantastic game for the Chiefs in the other game doing it all from passing to running in a TD.
Looking forward to some new blood competing in the Superbowl this time with dynamic young Quarterbacks and some outstanding players on both sides. I favour the Chiefs slightly but either side is capable of winning if they get going.

S. Marsh out for the rest of the BBL with another hamstring injury. If he played AFL he would have to be on our list given all the injuries he has had.

S. Marsh out for the rest of the BBL with another hamstring injury. If he played AFL he would have to be on our list given all the injuries he has had.

But will have still scored more runs than nearly every other batsmen this comp. Terrible loss for the Scorchers this year, imagine S Marsh this year in the middle or top order of the Scorchers instead of David or Green!

But will have still scored more runs than nearly every other batsmen this comp. Terrible loss for the Scorchers this year, imagine S Marsh this year in the middle or top order of the Scorchers instead of David or Green!

Injuries over his whole career have caused him so much grief with his aspirationsto play for Australia in particular where he was never a walk up start. It often seemed he would just get into some very good form and appear ready to cement his spot only to get injured again.

Nic Naitanui calls for WA to lead the way and change the date of Australia Day from January 26

West Coast Eagles star Nic Naitanui has thrown his support behind changing the date of Australia Day declaring he would love WA to lead the way in moving the date — as it marked “a dark day for indigenous Australians”.
His declaration comes after an exclusive poll by The West Australian revealed young Aussies are divided on holding celebrations on January 26.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/au...-australia-day-from-january-26-ng-b881442219z

Nic Naitanui calls for WA to lead the way and change the date of Australia Day from January 26

West Coast Eagles star Nic Naitanui has thrown his support behind changing the date of Australia Day declaring he would love WA to lead the way in moving the date — as it marked “a dark day for indigenous Australians”.
His declaration comes after an exclusive poll by The West Australian revealed young Aussies are divided on holding celebrations on January 26.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/au...-australia-day-from-january-26-ng-b881442219z
Cool. The day Scott Morrison's opinion on who Fiji should select at fullback for their sevens rugby team matters, is the day this Fijian *******"s opinion on Australia Day matters.

Cool. The day Scott Morrison's opinion on who Fiji should select at fullback for their sevens rugby team matters, is the day this Fijian *******"s opinion on Australia Day matters.

He's Australian mate. As much as you or I are.

I agree with him, I can accept that others won't. But honestly, attempting to cast him as an outsider due to appearance, cultural practice, or an arbitrary generational threshold is ******* toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back