News 2020 St.Kilda Media Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't we just do that with Longer and pierce?
Well said Sammm , different rules for different people it would appear , and just because he is cut from the list it doesn't mean the club cant still support him .

Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
I disagree. Having him around a support structure for the year can only be a good thing. Its not like the club is going to lie to him about where things are at but it will allow him to access all the facilities and programs the club offers. Much in the same way Roberton focused on more of a coaching role there may be avenues for Paddy to pursue.

Also I think other footballers look at the way we treat our players like this as something important. We do not and will not cut someone loose because of situations outside their control and pospective players will definitely notice that.

I agree and didnt suggest otherwise, but surely we can that without he remaining on the list?

StMiles1

Team Captain
Nov 5, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not sure who's naming threads but St Kilda has no punctuation mark in it, given that the St isn't short for Saint. St Kilda is a corruption of the Norse 'skildir' meaning 'shield'. The suburb was named for the ship the Lady of St Kilda, which was named for the islands in Scotland.

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not sure who's naming threads but St Kilda has no punctuation mark in it, given that the St isn't short for Saint. St Kilda is a corruption of the Norse 'skildir' meaning 'shield'. The suburb was named for the ship the Lady of St Kilda, which was named for the islands in Scotland.

This is true. However our own shield has a dot in it. Soooo it's a forgivable mistake imo.

I believe you are correct, however you’d better let the club know because I’m pretty sure there’s a huge sign near the oval in Linton street and if I remember correctly there’s a “.”

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC

"The Saints are the perfect team to plug into Thursday and Friday night footy because they play their home games at the weather-proof Marvel Stadium and if they’re winning their fans turn up in their droves and they’re loud."

Droves? Loud? Since when?

I hadn't noticed Browne Ash peddling Saints propaganda previously, what's changed? Or is it actually true?

tim_saints

Premiership Player
Jul 16, 2008
Wonga Park
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles - MUFC

"The Saints are the perfect team to plug into Thursday and Friday night footy because they play their home games at the weather-proof Marvel Stadium and if they’re winning their fans turn up in their droves and they’re loud."

I hadn't noticed Browne Ash peddling Saints propaganda previously, what's changed? Or is it actually true?
When we are up and about we are loud and we do turn up I guess 😂 for as many diehards as we have I reckon we nearly have double the bandwagoners when we are going great guns.

If we are getting Thursday/Friday night footy it’s a good thing, means we are playing attractive footy, playing well and filling seats 👍

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
When we are up and about we are loud and we do turn up I guess for as many diehards as we have I reckon we nearly have double the bandwagoners when we are going great guns.

If we are getting Thursday/Friday night footy it’s a good thing, means we are playing attractive footy, playing well and filling seats
I was of the distinct impression we were a low drawing club, even in the years when we were a strong team on field.

tim_saints

Premiership Player
Jul 16, 2008
Wonga Park
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
I was of the distinct impression we were a low drawing club, even in the years when we were a strong team on field.
I don’t think so! Maybe low drawing for a VIC club but in general I think when we are up and about we go pretty well. I’d say this year if we are any good you could see some of our best crowds yet because our membership will probably be the best it’s ever been.

I’d expect a pretty busy round 1 if we get a home game at marvel to open the year

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
I don’t think so! Maybe low drawing for a VIC club but in general I think when we are up and about we go pretty well. I’d say this year if we are any good you could see some of our best crowds yet because our membership will probably be the best it’s ever been.

I’d expect a pretty busy round 1 if we get a home game at marvel to open the year
I really hope so, I'd love for us to start getting a real fortress vibe at matches, from someone who watches in France and has no way of getting to games, believe me - you notice the difference!

tim_saints

Premiership Player
Jul 16, 2008
Wonga Park
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
I really hope so, I'd love for us to start getting a real fortress vibe at matches, from someone who watches in France and has no way of getting to games, believe me - you notice the difference!
Yeah absolutely mate, once we are up and running we will! There’s time where we play a few of the lesser teams and 99% of the crowd are saints fans, might only be 23-30k but it’s loud, so would be great to be pulling 35+ weekly at home games that’s for sure!

The problem was that in the Lyon years, particularly 09/10 he created a “bubble,” a type of siege mentality where supporters were not really embraced by the club. I believe that this was the reason that even in that very successful period where we played in many finals, our membership never grew, which was a real travesty.

Having said that, in our GF years we did get a fair crowd to the games - I do think the results of those years just completely gutted all the supporters emotionally since then.

Nowadays the club is much more open, inclusive and welcoming of members and I think this, together with the really positive vibe around the club, is hopefully going to be the start of something really good. Hopefully we will look back at this off season as the catalyst to a successful ( dare I say it) flag- winning era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back