News 2020 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can I ever

My god Lether's has brought some great people into our club. If we ever win one I hope he gets the recognition he deserves....

Interesting stats from the Mongrel Punt article -

Under Alan Richardson’s reign as St Kilda coach, they were 0-19 against Adelaide, Port Adelaide and Sydney. The Saints have now beaten each of them within a fortnight, including a mammoth win against the Swans as they continue to build a very solid season.

An A+ for Ratten, although the article loses some credibility when it mentions the impact of the new recruits and Dan Butler's name is not even listed.

We someone like Carlisle for a bit of venom , as long as he doesn't give away stupid free kicks.
He might be a dic/ but he is a might fine Key defender.
I don't mind the aggression, but it's not a good look trying to hit Rampe's injured hand. Should have just put him on his ass. The way Rampe was handling King should have got more attention tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting stats from the Mongrel Punt article -

Under Alan Richardson’s reign as St Kilda coach, they were 0-19 against Adelaide, Port Adelaide and Sydney. The Saints have now beaten each of them within a fortnight, including a mammoth win against the Swans as they continue to build a very solid season.

Look we all know that Richo wasn’t a great coach - but let’s be clear about something - he did not have the players at his disposal that Ratts does now.
Very hard to compare with two almost completely different lists.
Richo did still have Roo and Joey around, but look at the bottom 10 or so players in comparison to those we have now.

Last edited:
Look we all know the Richo wasn’t a great coach - but let’s be clear about something - he did not have the players at his disposal that Ratts does now.
Richo did still have Roo and Joey around, but look at the bottom 10 or so players in comparison to those we have now.
Also worth noting that Adelaide and Sydney are both sgnifcnally weaker sides this year than they were in those years as well.

State on alert after ‘worrying’ case
COVID BRISBANE
Queensland health authorities are concerned about a second wave of coronavirus in the state as a worrying new case surfaces.

What happens if QLD shuts down , they all head to WA

Season cancelled if things go bad in QLD.

Thats's why the league are cramming in games now.
They have also said after this current block of fixtures they will only be announcing games 1 round at a time.
(Leaving the door open to quickly play more games with ~4 day turnarounds after this current block)

Thought that was one of the worst 50’s I’ve ever seen. The ball was thrown back on the full from a considerable distance. If hejogged 10 meters closer to throw it with a lower arc it would have taken up more time than throwing it high to make the distance.

And went over the heads of players, it it had ben lower it could have hit one of them. It was a ridiculous. I wouldn't put it past umpires to be baiting Carlisle for mouthing off, hoping that he'd blow his lid so that they could use their punitive powers to compensate for their fragile egos and tiny penises. They are like the mafia.

Wilson is not worth the air she receives - $500 lets move on to the positives!

She is very good at getting attention, we all get baited and start squawking while viewing all her platforms and interacting with her on twitter etc. She's quite good at her job and would please her employers greatly.

Look we all know that Richo wasn’t a great coach - but let’s be clear about something - he did not have the players at his disposal that Ratts does now.
agree, but there's something to be said for attracting those players, being the kind of person/leader than good players want to play for. People on here took umbrage with some of use continually saying how boring richo was, but it was more than just latent frustration, richo just isn't a very inspiring kind of guy, he doesn't make you feel like he is necessarily capable of the job, nor that he maybe knows something you don't, that he's got a bit of sheedy madman-genius in there. Clarkson, beveridge, ross, horse, *ley, they've all got that. Only does adam simpson really lack that element imo, and tbf he goes alright.

TLDR; richo didn't inspire belief in his troops or trade targets

An entire year on and we still talk about Richardson. We are a totally different team.

Roughead and Rath have joined the club and Lethlean, Ratten and Lade are in new roles.

Compared to Round 9 last year, we had players like Dunstan, Acres, Young, Marsh, Newnes, McKenzie, Bruce, Phillips, Brown and Parker all regulars. This year we have Hill, Jones, Howard, Ryder, Butler and others popping up like Hind and Kent. Steele is in AA form, playing a completely different role. Entire makeup of our side has changed.

Why we dwell on the past is beyond me at this point, we are a totally different football club to the one that Richardson left.

That's true, but we were bemoaning the lack of players coming on under Richo, and questioning weather we had anyone that was capable of stepping up.
Newnes, Dunny, GOAT and Ross showed promise but plateaued and then went down hill. Steele was pigeon holed as a tagger. Coff, who was full of confidence ended up looking shattered and people thought we had another spud on our hands, and so on.
Yes, we've improved the list, but with the benefit now of hindsight, not only did Richo do nothing to make us better, but he impeded or derailed the development of the players that he did have...
Total disaster...

An entire year on and we still talk about Richardson. We are a totally different team.

Roughead and Rath have joined the club and Lethlean, Ratten and Lade are in new roles.

Compared to Round 9 last year, we had players like Dunstan, Acres, Young, Marsh, Newnes, McKenzie, Bruce, Phillips, Brown and Parker all regulars. This year we have Hill, Jones, Howard, Ryder, Butler and others popping up like Hind and Kent. Steele is in AA form, playing a completely different role. Entire makeup of our side has changed.

Why we dwell on the past is beyond me at this point, we are a totally different football club to the one that Richardson left.
because lockdown my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back