2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

WHY IT “WON’T BE A LONG REBUILD” FOR THE CROWS

King further explained why he believes Nicks, who cut his teeth with Port Adelaide and GWS, will emerge into an extremely high-quality coach.

“Without going too far, I think this guy is going to be a special coach, I really do,” King said on SEN Breakfast.

“His ability to understand ball movement. What works for you and what you need to take off the opposition. He did that at GWS through their finals and Grand Final campaigns. He was a huge loss to the Giants last year, a huge loss.

“I don’t think that can be underestimated. When you look at what he did in that back part of the year (in 2020), you just started to see that wave running of the Adelaide Crows all start to look in formation and these younger players in sync.

“They might not have success in terms of finals or Grand Finals for a few years but I’ve got no doubt they’ll take huge leaps.

I like how he organises his teams and how he makes it easy for them to play and get involved.”

Bean pole ruckman, classic rookie project type I think whilst he puts on the required 20kgs to be a competitive AFL ruckman.

In normal years, is probably certainty to get selected in the rookie list. This year, he may miss out just due to sheer lack of rookie spots with clubs rushing to list all their borderline senior list players as "rookies".

I doubt we'll draft him, especially since we don't have a rookie draft selection.
Latest on Smith 205cm 98kg missed the boat on that one crows

Can anyone explain why we changed Brad Crouch's Crows Website profile to show him wearing a Saints Guernsey?

I understand a Hately being included in his GWS Guernsey, but they should just leave the departing player in their Crows kit ......it adds nothing

1609013635093.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone explain why we changed Brad Crouch's Crows Website profile to show him wearing a Saints Guernsey?

I understand a Hately being included in his GWS Guernsey, but they should just leave the departing player in their Crows kit ......it adds nothing

View attachment 1032931
It’s probably linked to a central database of all the afl players and gets updated.
I doubt we personally changed it.

It’s probably linked to a central database of all the afl players and gets updated.
I doubt we personally changed it.
Probably .....but other clubs haven't done it

My 2nd pet peave ....why do all AFL Club sites have to be clones of each other ......how about some individualism amongst club websites .....they're all deadset vanilla boring

My 2nd pet peave ....why do all AFL Club sites have to be clones of each other ......how about some individualism amongst club websites .....they're all deadset vanilla boring

I think its all about the deal that is done with Telstra, as a part of their rights deal, they get to design the clubs and AFL webpage. God knows why we keep letting them do it, because each year they include more and more “snazzy” java crap and each year it gets less and less user friendly.

View attachment 1032931

The link to him should have been deleted. I think that's where the problem lies, he shouldn't be there at all.

I reckon only one or two were ever reported as not going with the league contracted set up.

Yep - that is what other clubs have done.
Do not make the mistake of thinking that the AFC has any input whatsoever into the website. It's run 100% by Telstra, using AFL employees. Telstra have screwed it up, not Adelaide. Telstra screwing up the website shouldn't surprise anyone, given their astounding ability to make the website worse every single year they've had the contract.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that the AFC has any input whatsoever into the website. It's run 100% by Telstra, using AFL employees. Telstra have screwed it up, not Adelaide. Telstra screwing up the website shouldn't surprise anyone, given their astounding ability to make the website worse every single year they've had the contract.
The AFL website should really win the award for the worst website ever. Absolutely horrendous and all but un-usable.

Treloar was on the Pies website in his Dogs guernsey. Different update cycles, the back end database has been updated but not our player list.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

As someone who (in as previous life) worked for a decade in the online cesspit of Australian big business ... I can guarantee you that you just need to know the right pawn from sector 7g to call to get it fixed.

Sure the infrastructure is from above, but there would be space for some input from below. Probably even an over priced horrid tool built for the lowly clubs to have a measly say into their website.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back