2021/22 Melbourne Victory Thread - 2021 FFA Cup Champions!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A 35 year old winger is always a concern, if he's lost his pace then it'll be a terrible idea imo. Also don't think he is a big enough name to pull a crowd, maybe Man United fans could chime in.

Luis Suarez is available and definitely would be a pull.

A 35 year old winger is always a concern, if he's lost his pace then it'll be a terrible idea imo. Also don't think he is a big enough name to pull a crowd, maybe Man United fans could chime in.

Luis Suarez is available and definitely would be a pull.

He's remembered fondly by United fans. He was pretty mercurial for most of his time but had a 12-18 month patch after Ronaldo left where he was one of the best wingers in Europe. Even on one leg he'd do a job here if he's motivated.

Not necessarily the biggest name but I think he'd be good for the league. He's a classic "highlight reel" footballer and he scores some spectacular goals. It would be a real throw back to the Carlos Hernandez days.

I'll be less enthusiatic about Nani if we lose Rojas. Rojas is 30, Nani nearly 50, players always get injured or need a rest so thought we'd see a rotation of Folami, Rojas and Nani. Not as keen now because as if Nani will get on the park as much as Rojas. Ikonimidis needs to step up if that's the case. I guess it opens another Visa spot though I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt realise it was official. Bugger.
Sadly out of contract and gonesky

Apparently Marchan has convinced his mate to come down here a Spanish left back called Diego Caballo

Hope he's good. Unfortunately pretty much any LB we can sign is going to be a downgrade on Davo.

His CV isn't the worse

Unfortunately you never know until they're over here, if they are fair dinkum or just want a holiday, lifestyle change and a payday.
At least he's the good side of 30. :thumbsu:

The worst thing to happen to the A League has been the rise of the MLS. That's probably our direct competitor when pitching the lifestyle to players.

I mean, Melbourne City should have had a huge name sign on by this point in things with their contacts.

The worst thing to happen to the A League has been the rise of the MLS. That's probably our direct competitor when pitching the lifestyle to players.

I mean, Melbourne City should have had a huge name sign on by this point in things with their contacts.

A League has its advantages over MLS. Better continental club tournament comp. Alignment to European seasons. With 300,000,000 + in the US the A League has done very well vs the MLS which started way back in 1996. I would say only the latter half of last decade has the MLS truly overtaken the A League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back