2021/22 Melbourne Victory Thread - 2021 FFA Cup Champions!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruse was a Bundesliga regular and on the way to being a starring player in the 2014 WC. His ACL injury seemed to completely change him. Did Achilles within 6 months of recovering from that and just perenially injured thereafter. I wonder where he will pop up once he is recovered. My understanding is the club is going to complete his recovery and rehab.

How many years was Kelava on?
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

Kruse was a Bundesliga regular and on the way to being a starring player in the 2014 WC. His ACL injury seemed to completely change him. Did Achilles within 6 months of recovering from that and just perenially injured thereafter. I wonder where he will pop up once he is recovered. My understanding is the club is going to complete his recovery and rehab.

Aside from probably his first Victory stint, we never saw the best of him in Australia cos injuries probably stopped him thriving for the Socceroos.

I suspect that, like me, most peoples pre-eminent memory of him is getting a yellow card for snapping an achilles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for him. I went to the away semi where he scored the first goal in that video, its still one of my favourite memories of supporting this club.

Such a talented player but he really had a cruel run with injuries.

Poor bastard did an ACL in 2013. Missed most of 2013/14 and Brazil 2014. Then came back to fitness before Asian Cup 2015. Straight away does an achilles. Out for another 12 + months. between 2013 and 2016 he played bugger all, the peak of his career.

Before that he was doing very well at Leverkusen and had real top class potential. Since 2016/17 onwards it's just been injury setback after setback. I hope he finds another contract elsewhere, surely he isn't done as a professional yet. He'll complete his recovery at MVFC and then hopefully continue his career elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back