Training 2021/22 Preseason Thread Lessssf*ngo

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty standard across the comp.
Considering how americanised we’re becoming it’s not a surprise. Will just be interesting when someone of legitimate stature signs with what is effectively a rival of one of their clubs major sponsors.
We’re probably years off that anyway. Also assuming there may be some agreement somewhere between the AFL & the players association that players can have their own private sponsors outside of the club regardless of who it is.

Would love to hear from anybody a bit more in the know.

Considering how americanised we’re becoming it’s not a surprise. Will just be interesting when someone of legitimate stature signs with what is effectively a rival of one of their clubs major sponsors.
We’re probably years off that anyway. Also assuming there may be some agreement somewhere between the AFL & the players association that players can have their own private sponsors outside of the club regardless of who it is.

Would love to hear from anybody a bit more in the know.

Agree, can't imagine the AFLPA allowing what would effectively be sponsorship capture.

Xerri as a defender? Would get smashed.

Yeah this is not gonna happen. He could however come good as an old school ruck brute who spends 15% of the game forward. If our midfield develops as we all feel it should then we don’t need Goldy 2.0 after Goldy retires. X with a bit more experience and solid coaching will be fine.

Yeah this is not gonna happen. He could however come good as an old school ruck brute who spends 15% of the game forward. If our midfield develops as we all feel it should then we don’t need Goldy 2.0 after Goldy retires. X with a bit more experience and solid coaching will be fine.
It's his only hope.

I'm not in the know, but does Puma actually make any elite sport footwear?
I'm a pretty keen runner, and I don't think I've ever seen a sprinter or a marathon runner don a pair of Pumas in a race. Nike, Adidas, Asics, New Balance, yes. Puma... no.
Puma's clothes are fine, the footwear seems to mostly cater for casual-recreational?

I'm a pretty keen runner, and I don't think I've ever seen a sprinter or a marathon runner don a pair of Pumas in a race. Nike, Adidas, Asics, New Balance, yes. Puma... no.
Puma's clothes are fine, the footwear seems to mostly cater for casual-recreational?

They definitely make footy boots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*googles Caleb Daniel footwear*

Usain Bolt wore puma throughout his career, I think

I've played quite a few sports and have my favourite brands (ASICS for running, Converse for basketball, etc...). Personally, I find Puma make (or at least made) the best footy boots. As you state, they're pretty average to crap in everything else (except maybe soccer boots), but their footy boots are right up there.

Funnily enough, you know that saying about always being a bridesmaid? Well, that's Adidas for me. They're pretty much great at everything, but never quite the best for any 1 thing imo.

As for Nike, they're usually over-rated and more style over substance imo.

Personally, I find Puma make (or at least made) the best footy boots. As you state, they're pretty average to crap in everything else (except maybe soccer boots), but their footy boots are right up there.

Interesting! I honestly had no idea. (I stopped playing competitive AFL two decades ago and haven't noticed them since)

As for Nike, they're usually over-rated and more style over substance imo.

That's true for 95% of their running range, but there's no denying that Vaporflys and Alphaflys genuinely revolutionised modern running footwear. Without them, carbon plates would still probably be some weird esoteric experiment. Every televised marathon I've watched over the past 5 years has been a sea of Vaporflys and Alphaflys, and there's a good reason why!

Usain Bolt wore puma throughout his career, I think

You're right! I never saw him in person though sadly. Even among sprinters, he's in the minority there.

Puma generally isn't that great.

He was up for anything for a while. Surprised Gold Coast didn't list him and pay him $1.5 mill to run waters.
Trouble is he'd be spent by the end of Q1. I recall him saying that he's never run 4 full laps of an athlete track (1600m) in one go in his life. 🙂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back