Resource 2021 AFL Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

See OP for details: click here

For 2022 picks click here

To embed this spreadsheet elsewhere on the forum please use the code below:
Code:
[MEDIA="googlespreadsheetnew"]1E0oLMec2NV4YzS4OlWNu_b7RSm3D5jxoa3kZ2d_-gj8[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Don't you think it's important to differentiate between a priority and compensation pick?
It would be if compensation picks were applied more than 5 minutes before the draft. For the next 10.5 months there are only priority picks.

If you go to the second tab, they’re labelled in the full draft order.

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
Well done Lore again. Working this on the night and not sitting back and enjoying the draft :thumbsu: , especially when assessing all Teams draft haul, Essendon and the Swans cleaned up, IMO and sit atop the tree.

Great resource. Now to deathride those Teams, whose picks we own.

Last edited:

Great work - did any team go into deficit?
No idea. I think not though, since they all did a trade if they needed to to cover the points. Might be able to ask Pat Keane on Twitter once the dust settles.

Melbourne get 2021 3rd (tied to Hawthorn)
Hawthorn get #46 & 2021 4th (tied to North Melbourne)*

Whilst it is nice to trade up in next year's draft, this has completely derailed our 'Deathriding the North 4th' thread!

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I really loved what the Tigers did with future picks.

Having 2 picks in rounds 1-3 is gold.

Give them a lot of flexibility to trade for players or upgrade picks.

2021 will be stronger draft than 2020.

Plus, Tigers are contenders for the next few years and young players might want to trade for more opportunities.

Great move.

Round 1, 2021
Round 1, 2021:
Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 16.34.07.png

Round 2, 2021
Round 3, 2021

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone doing a provisional picks list for the midyear draft?
It’s literally just reverse ladder order, there’s no trading. So if you’re last; 1, 19, 37

Round 4, 2021
Round 5, 2021
Round 6, 2021
Round 7, 2021
Has anyone done a spreadsheet for the mid season draft?
There's no need for one as these picks can't be traded, so it's straight reverse ladder order. Whoever is last on the ladder in Round 11 will have Pick 1, and then 17th gets Pick 2 and so on.

They haven't announced how many list spots are available yet either, and even if you tried to count them all there will be clubs adding more players to the inactive list over the coming weeks to make more spots available if they think there is talent out there worth picking up at the mid-year draft, so whatever you figure out will likely be wrong anyway. If the club only has one spot available, then they will only get one pick and the rest of the clubs will move up one in the next round.

So really it's a complete guessing game at this point, a spreadsheet would be perpetually out of date, and it's not that hard to figure out.

Round 8, 2021

borderbarry

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2006
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lore, I realize you have done terrific work for everyone , with your spreadsheets, but can you tell me what are your plans for the mid year draft. Are you going to do a spreadsheet for it, because most of us are confused with who has what picks ar rhis stage, and a spreadsheet would be very helpful.

Lore, I realize you have done terrific work for everyone , with your spreadsheets, but can you tell me what are your plans for the mid year draft. Are you going to do a spreadsheet for it, because most of us are confused with who has what picks ar rhis stage, and a spreadsheet would be very helpful.

There's no need for one as these picks can't be traded, so it's straight reverse ladder order. Whoever is last on the ladder in Round 11 will have Pick 1, and then 17th gets Pick 2 and so on.

They haven't announced how many list spots are available yet either, and even if you tried to count them all there will be clubs adding more players to the inactive list over the coming weeks to make more spots available if they think there is talent out there worth picking up at the mid-year draft, so whatever you figure out will likely be wrong anyway. If the club only has one spot available, then they will only get one pick and the rest of the clubs will move up one in the next round.

So really it's a complete guessing game at this point, a spreadsheet would be perpetually out of date, and it's not that hard to figure out.

If the draft happened tomorrow, and assuming every club had unlimited list spots, the order would be:

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 19.44.39.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back