AFL 2021 AFL Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a feeling it's Cats by 40 minimum tonight. Think we'll see a similar game to Saints Richmond game a few weeks ago. Maybe not as much of a massacre but something similar. Bookies have overrated Saints after beating Hawks/Suns last few weeks.

Cats have always been a side to trouble St Kilda, they match up better then anyone against us and they play a game style that hammers us. I am under no illusion what will happen tonight. Cats will have to play some major garbage tonight to keep the saints in it. On the flip side the saints match up really well vs the bulldogs next week....

Swans kids tiring a bit. Swans overperforming v Pies underperforming probably returns to the mean sooner rather than later. Pies still have enough quality to get within 21 of a team who were favoured to be bottom 4 at the start of the season. Sidey, Crisp, Pendles, Daicos 'should' match Parker, JPK, Mills and Warner with the help of Grundy dominating Naismith whos back in I believe?

21.5 seems too big a number. What makes you think otherwise?

Did you see Sydney last week? Could not have a done anything more. Best game i seen all year and i have watched a few.

Cats have always been a side to trouble St Kilda, they match up better then anyone against us and they play a game style that hammers us. I am under no illusion what will happen tonight. Cats will have to play some major garbage tonight to keep the saints in it. On the flip side the saints match up really well vs the bulldogs next week....
+ It's been a big week for them with the passing of Costa. I'm not usually big on these types of things but he was such an integratal part of that club. Possibly a bit of extra incentive to play well

Swans kids tiring a bit. Swans overperforming v Pies underperforming probably returns to the mean sooner rather than later. Pies still have enough quality to get within 21 of a team who were favoured to be bottom 4 at the start of the season. Sidey, Crisp, Pendles, Daicos 'should' match Parker, JPK, Mills and Warner with the help of Grundy dominating Naismith whos back in I believe?

21.5 seems too big a number. What makes you think otherwise?

You don't think the weight of the Pies injuries will catch up with them? I think the 'kids are getting tired' excuse is itself a bit tired, given that outside of one particularly poor performance against GCS we've been in every game this season. We just gave the Dees their toughest match of the season, I don't particularly think there's anything tired about our displays.

A very inexperienced Pies side - Sidebottom, Grundy, Pendles and Crisp notwithstanding - will struggle. We weren't too far off them last year when the sides were in very different positions.

I think 21 points is just about right, it'll be a 3-4 goal win, but I don't think it's as wrong as you're making out.

Also Naismith isn't back in lol, he's in the VFL. It's Hickey and Sinclair in the ruck as it has been for the past fortnight.

Quaynor, Keane, Noble, Poulter, Tyler Brown, Cameron, McCreery, Henry , Wilson never played at the SCG in Collingwood colours. Darcy Cameron is an ex Swan but only played 1 game with them.

Sydney deserve to start favourite based on home ground advantage, ground familiarity and better form. Weather in Sydney should also hold up for tomorrow.

Pies will do well to get within 5 goals of this Swans side.

Is this Tom Wilson kid from Collingwood any good? whats his natural position? its his debut match.

Quaynor, Keane, Noble, Poulter, Tyler Brown, Cameron, McCreery, Henry , Wilson never played at the SCG in Collingwood colours. Darcy Cameron is an ex Swan but only played 1 game with them.

Sydney deserve to start favourite based on home ground advantage, ground familiarity and better form. Weather in Sydney should also hold up for tomorrow.

Pies will do well to get within 5 goals of this Swans side.

Is this Tom Wilson kid from Collingwood any good? whats his natural position? its his debut match.
Point guard/shooting guard

Ziebell managed to get 38 disposals against Cats, Andrew Gaff got 27 disposals , Daniel Rich got 25 and those three traditionally play a half back flank role running out of defence. Sportsbet have Dougal to get 25+ at odds of $10, can get $10.50 at TAB.

Not sure how or why you're comparing Gaff to Dougal Howard. Gaff plays on a wing, Howard is a key defender. His stats look okay because he takes most of their kick ins. He's not an accumulator. Would probably average 8 touches a match if not for kick ins. The Saints don't try to use him on the way out like Brisbane try to use Rich.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3u - Atkins 15+, Parfitt 15+, Stewart 20+ disposals - $1.75 - SB
All 100% success rate on these numbers this season. Should be a good night under the roof at marvel for some clean possessions.

2.5u - Higgins over 21.5 disposals - $1.85 - Ladbrokes
Cleared last week and attended a solid number of centre bounces last week. Should look to build on that number this week. Tiny margin for a bloke who averaged 27+ in 2018/19

The guy has 7 shots on goal against this mob last time out I’m on for 3+ @3.35 the guy is hungry and he is surrounded by no selfish players eg hawkins

4 + @ 7.25

wouldn’t touch most goals as there are a few threats around him. Inside word is that stkilda are tired with niggling injuries stacking up. 🍿

Bloody hell Pointsbet take a while to pay out.

I like Hawkins' spread of 143. Can someone just explain so I have it right? For every 'point' he gets above 143 I get that * my stake as a pay out?

What happens for every point under? Is that how much I lose?

So for example I stake $10 and he kicks 5 goals, has 15 kicks and 5 handballs (5*5*15 = 375 - 143 = 232 * $10 = $2,320)

Same stake but he gets no goals so therefore his points are 0 (15*5*0 = 0 - 143 = -143*10 = $1,430 I owe Pointsbet)

Do I have that right?

Looks like a Full House tonight. All the usual degenerates investors are here. Time to get excited. Its Cat Time.

excited-baby.gif

1.5u - St. Kilda +20.5 - $2 - Ladbrokes
Saints into a backable spot for me. Think they’ll be able to test the cats enough and keep it close.

Bloody hell Pointsbet take a while to pay out.

I like Hawkins' spread of 143. Can someone just explain so I have it right? For every 'point' he gets above 143 I get that * my stake as a pay out?

What happens for every point under? Is that how much I lose?

So for example I stake $10 and he kicks 5 goals, has 15 kicks and 5 handballs (5*5*15 = 375 - 143 = 232 * $10 = $2,320)

Same stake but he gets no goals so therefore his points are 0 (15*5*0 = 0 - 143 = -143*10 = $1,430 I owe Pointsbet)

Do I have that right?

PointsBet rules:

Tom Hawkins Stat Multiplier
This is a bet on Tom Hawkins's kicks multiplied by handballs multiplied by goals. E.g. A bet on OVER 200 means that if Tom Hawkins gathers 15 kicks, 10 handballs and kicks 2 goals, the market results at 300 (15 * 10 * 2) and you win 100 times your stake (i.e. a $10 stake will win $1000). Note that if this player has 0 in any of the 3 stat categories (e.g. kicks 0 goals), this market is resulted at 0. Tom Hawkins must play for bet to stand. Max win/loss is capped at 700 times your stake. Bet includes Extra Time.

Yes those calculations are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back