Hi guys,

the live Draft thread is now open here.

footyknut

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2011
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
That delisting is interesting, I had the same thought that maybe you guys are taking her with your 2nd pick, but given how much the WA clubs talk to the State academy staff is it possible that each club essentially knows who the other us taking with each pick 🤷‍♀️
I think both clubs will be eyeing a 187cm ruck with a great leap and soft hands who has so much upside.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
I think both clubs will be eyeing a 187cm ruck with a great leap and soft hands who has so much upside.
That's also a really good way of looking at it :tearsofjoy: . If West Coast go with Franklin (180 cm), Thomas (175 cm) and Lakay (187 cm) for their first three picks it gives them a really good injection of young talls indeed

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams

Kchamp

Debutant
Feb 21, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Updated Phantom Draft Mk2

I have heard the cries from the WA fans screaming for Amy Franklin. Fair Enough, she definitely will go high in this draft. I made a few more changes since the last version including the Brisbane/Gold Coast zone. This again may change with reports coming in during the month, but anyway here's the latest update for Round 1.

Round 1TeamPredicted Player
1​
Gold CoastTegan Levi
2​
GeelongCharlie Rowbottom
3​
West CoastCourtney Rowley
4​
St KildaGeorgie Prespakis
5​
RichmondStella Reid
6​
Gold CoastMikayla Pauga
7​
GeelongNyakoat Dojiok
8​
Gold CoastGrace Mulvahil
9​
GeelongElla Friend
10​
CarltonGrace McRae
11​
CarltonTara Slender
12​
St KildaTahlia Gillard
13​
North MelbourneMaeve Chaplin
14​
FremantleAmy Franklin
15​
GeelongTess Craven
16​
RichmondAmanda Ling
17​
AdelaideGypsy Schirmer
18​
BrisbaneMaggie Harmer

Updated Phantom Draft Mk2

I have heard the cries from the WA fans screaming for Amy Franklin. Fair Enough, she definitely will go high in this draft. I made a few more changes since the last version including the Brisbane/Gold Coast zone. This again may change with reports coming in during the month, but anyway here's the latest update for Round 1.

Round 1TeamPredicted Player
1​
Gold CoastTegan Levi
2​
GeelongCharlie Rowbottom
3​
West CoastCourtney Rowley
4​
St KildaGeorgie Prespakis
5​
RichmondStella Reid
6​
Gold CoastMikayla Pauga
7​
GeelongNyakoat Dojiok
8​
Gold CoastGrace Mulvahil
9​
GeelongElla Friend
10​
CarltonGrace McRae
11​
CarltonTara Slender
12​
St KildaTahlia Gillard
13​
North MelbourneMaeve Chaplin
14​
FremantleAmy Franklin
15​
GeelongTess Craven
16​
RichmondAmanda Ling
17​
AdelaideGypsy Schirmer
18​
BrisbaneMaggie Harmer
Have you seen the Draft Combine invites today mate? Unfortunately Grace McRae didn't get one.

Kchamp

Debutant
Feb 21, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have you seen the Draft Combine invites today mate? Unfortunately Grace McRae didn't get one.

No, I saw it, and it doesn't change anything. There have been players drafted high that haven't been invited to the combine in the past. The Vic Country coaches think she's a jet, most reports say the same thing, and I thought she was a bull in the guts. I still think she'll go high although there are a few here who think differently. Which is fine.

Last edited:
No, I saw it, and it doesn't change anything. There have been players drafted high that haven't been invited to the combine in the past. The Vic Country coaches think she's a jet, most reports say the same thing, and I thought she was a bull in the guts. I still think she'll go high although there are a few here who think differently. Which is fine.
Do you have a Power Rankings you’ve done? That’s often better for players you rate highly that might go lower but then you can prove people wrong if they end up better than their draft ranking.

Kchamp

Debutant
Feb 21, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do you have a Power Rankings you’ve done? That’s often better for players you rate highly that might go lower but then you can prove people wrong if they end up better than their draft ranking.

In the midfielders based on the Victorian draft, for the u19 championships. It would probably look like this. Here's just a top 5.

1. Georgie Prespakis
2. Charlie Rowbottom
3. Stella Reid
4. Grace McRae
5. Tess Craven

I'm sure yours is different. But when making a draft, it's not always about getting the better player, it's about getting the right ones that fit a club's needs.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
In the midfielders based on the Victorian draft, for the u19 championships. It would probably look like this. Here's just a top 5.

1. Georgie Prespakis
2. Charlie Rowbottom
3. Stella Reid
4. Grace McRae
5. Tess Craven

I'm sure yours is different. But when making a draft, it's not always about getting the better player, it's about getting the right ones that fit a club's needs.
McRae was named higher in coaches votes than Rowbottom and Prespakis though!!

Last edited:

1. Georgie Prespakis
2. Charlie Rowbottom
3. Stella Reid
4. Grace McRae
5. Tess Craven

Yeah that’s why I was wondering about your Power Rankings, it’s not about clubs or what picks they have, just where you would take them. In your opinion, not worrying about needs or anything.

Kchamp

Debutant
Feb 21, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
McRae was named higher in coaches votes than Rowbottom and Prespakis though

Yes, but Georgie Prespakis was the B&F as a bottom-ager, and Charlie Rowbottom is 178cm midfielder that looks incredibly difficult to bring down.

Those are my rankings take em or leave them. And we are getting off base over one player.
I was more interested beyond the midfielders like say top 20 in the Victorian pool. Like if you had 20 draft selections who you would pick in order, just out of interest to try and compare midfielders, forwards, defenders and rucks all in one place.

Kchamp

Debutant
Feb 21, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was more interested beyond the midfielders like say top 20 in the Victorian pool. Like if you had 20 draft selections who you would pick in order, just out of interest to try and compare midfielders, forwards, defenders and rucks all in one place.

Ok, I'll give it a shot. But is this just for the u19 or are we talking VFLW as well. The entire Victorian pool?

Kchamp

Debutant
Feb 21, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone for the Victorian pool, any ages (can include Tasmanians).

Ok, this might be a little rushed so don't judge too harshly, this is pretty rough. I managed to select a few Tassie girls. Great to see them come into the VFLW since the TSLW dispanded. They are without a doubt, making the VFLW a much more elite state league. That being said, here you are mate.

• 1.Georgie Prespakis
  • 2.Charlie Rowbottom
  • 3.Stella Reid
  • 4.Nyakoat Dojoik
  • 5.Georgia Nanscawen
  • 6.Sarah Skinner (TSLW B&F 2020/4x TSLW Team of the Year (A perfect record))
  • 7.Grace McRae
  • 8.Chloe Leonard
  • 9.Maeve Chaplin
  • 10.Perri King
  • 11.Megan Kiely
  • 12.Imogen Milford
  • 13.Imogen Barnett
  • 14.Tess Craven
  • 15.Matilda Zander (SANFLW Team of the Year 2020)
  • 16.Amy Prokopiec
  • 17.Ella Friend
  • 18.Tahlia Gillard
  • 19.Amy Bassett
  • 20.Tara Slender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back