2021 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Ruck coach is often a part time role so there'd be some chance in fronting up for a few games.
I saw in the Courier that Hepburn were having a crack at signing him too as he's moved to the area.

Daniel Cross played plenty of footy for Albury while working for and acting as a runner for Melbourne...I reckon a ruck coach could play plenty of weekend footy somewhere if he wanted.

Both Bellchambers and Shaun Hampson now call Daylesford home

Daniel Cross played plenty of footy for Albury while working for and acting as a runner for Melbourne...I reckon a ruck coach could play plenty of weekend footy somewhere if he wanted.

Both Bellchambers and Shaun Hampson now call Daylesford home

Daniel Cross is going to line up again for Albury this year which proves your point Roota. .

What's everyone's thoughts on the pioneers appointment?
He is a Senior Premiership Coach at local level so that's a good tick. Can think of 3 off the top of my head that have held the role and Coached locally prior to that didn't have a Flag to their name. That's not too say they weren't decent Coaches but based on that O'Bree's Credentials shape up. Was endorsed by the outgoing Coach as well would have helped him land the role.

What's everyone's thoughts on the pioneers appointment?

Great appointment. Has obviously had experience as a senior coach, and has played in the 3 major leagues across the Pios catchment being the Bendigo, Central Murray and Sunraysia leagues. He has been a long time assistant and has lots of experience in coaching and developing ting people. The best thing I can say about him is that he is about the kids..not just about getting them drafted..but about them becoming good people first

Great appointment. Has obviously had experience as a senior coach, and has played in the 3 major leagues across the Pios catchment being the Bendigo, Central Murray and Sunraysia leagues. He has been a long time assistant and has lots of experience in coaching and developing ting people. The best thing I can say about him is that he is about the kids..not just about getting them drafted..but about them becoming good people first
And North Central.

The pios have had an interesting history, they have never won a premiership, lots of wooden spoons, but have produced plenty of guns.

Apart from MacPherson and ringo at the helm, the feel has been very Bendigo centric, with breeza growing up at nyah and playing a fair chunk of his career in Mildura, I reckon gives him a great understanding of those regions feels and travel impacts fromn those areas.
I don't think the areas have really gelled together since the pios inception. Gippsland power covers a similar large area, yet they have managed to be far more successful then the pios, has anyone asked them how they set up their systems, as neither have aps schools offering scholarships either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s all the news with recruiting? My observations and whispers are:
Kyneton seems to be active on clearances, potentially a lot of them are under 18, though one name that sticks out is Rhys Ellis returning from Darley.
Castlemaine have a couple coming it, but still some worrying signs if rumours are true.
South sound like they have another key forward to support Antonowicz, but not much else happening.
Flat seem to be focussed on A grade netball more than anything, but interesting to see a clearance request for Kyneton young gun Ben Xirha.
Gisborne ticking along quietly in the background, could be a chance to give things a shake up this year.
Strath being Strath are the ones to beat.
Sandhurst look to have lost a couple, but pretty quiet, as are Square and Eaglehawk recently.
No noise around Maryborough, is that a good thing or bad thing?

Kyneton seems to be active on clearances, potentially a lot of them are under 18, though one name that sticks out is Rhys Ellis returning from Darley.
Castlemaine have a couple coming it, but still some worrying signs if rumours are true.
South sound like they have another key forward to support Antonowicz, but not much else happening.
Flat seem to be focussed on A grade netball more than anything, but interesting to see a clearance request for Kyneton young gun Ben Xirha.
Gisborne ticking along quietly in the background, could be a chance to give things a shake up this year.
Sandhurst look to have lost a couple, but pretty quiet, as are Square and Eaglehawk recently.
The two Square pulled back from Cohuna would have them in pretty good shape I'd think.

What are the rumours of Castlemaine? It always worry’s me when I don’t hear much out of Marybourgh and Castlemaine. Would be great to see the non Bendigo teams get up into the top 5 andwin a flag

What are the rumours of Castlemaine? It always worry’s me when I don’t hear much out of Marybourgh and Castlemaine. Would be great to see the non Bendigo teams get up into the top 5 andwin a flag
Haven’t heard anything from Castlemaine other than a few of their better players leaving, going to be a long year for them again. Bailey Edwards has returned to Maryborough, bloke is a jet

Castlemaine rumours are there are ally more going than there are coming, could struggle to field 2 sides.
Well poor dekka had to pull on the boots last season they played and kicked a few.

Sad to see Castlemaine, down the ladder for so long, what a power side they were in the 90s early 2000s made up of nearly all locals, their 2000 reserves side that won the flag would beat the senior sides they have fielded for the past 10 years easily

When and why has it been for Castlemaine to become a finals team again as it was before my time

Well poor dekka had to pull on the boots last season they played and kicked a few.

Sad to see Castlemaine, down the ladder for so long, what a power side they were in the 90s early 2000s made up of nearly all locals, their 2000 reserves side that won the flag would beat the senior sides they have fielded for the past 10 years easily

Trent can you name some of the players in the 2000 reserves side who would walk into their senior side now.

Thanks

Albury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back