Rumour 2021 Blue Tick Rumours – Do they even know what they're talking about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald Sun: Lions interested in Levi Casboult
Jon Ralph.
George Hewett now certain to go to Carlton agreed to a 4 year deal $400-$450k

Peter Ladhams told in exit interview he should explore his options. Is contracted to next season 2023.

Charlie Constable will stay at Geelong

Port Adelaide confirm Jordan Dawson their primary target. This is in response to reports Jeremy Finlayson completed a medical there last week

Haha this article reports that Adelaide has won the race for Dawson's services and then turns around and says he's Port's Number 1 target. 🤔 derp

Tom Morris filling in for Sam Edmund;

• Sam Petrevski-Seton to West Coast for a second round pick - West Coast have 29 and 35.
  • Adam Cerra to Carlton, Fremantle will ask for pick 6 as a starting point.
  • Oliver Hanrahan potentially surplus at Hawthorn, despite being well-liked by Sam Mitchell.
  • Tim O'Brien has "preliminary interest from other clubs" but has to wait.
  • Jacob Townsend is out of contract, Gold Coast don't have spots left. Gold Coast apparently have re-contracted 37 or 38 players for next year already so anyone who is out of contract is out on a limb.
  • Rory Lobb wants to leave Fremantle but is contracted for two more years and willing to take less money.
  • Brayden Sier expected to stay at Collingwood, has heard nothing about him leaving.

Last edited:

Mitch Cleary doubling down on Jaymie Graham to Fremantle (contracted to West Coast so his exit has to be negotiated).

Last edited:
is there a Coniglio speculation thread? This ones been going around for a few months.
I don’t recall seeing one but you can search for a 2021 thread and if there isn’t one you can make it if you like. (All the ones with prefixes are from this year.)

Other than Cornes’ wild speculation I hadn’t seen it given any credence by MSM until today.

I don’t recall seeing one but you can search for a 2021 thread and if there isn’t one you can make it if you like. (All the ones with prefixes are from this year.)

Other than Cornes’ wild speculation I hadn’t seen it given any credence by MSM until today.
Ive never seen so much speculation of media literally willing a player to leave who has just signed a new contract.

Ive never seen so much speculation of media literally willing a player to leave who has just signed a new contract.
I think the contract is precisely why there is speculation, as his form doesn't justify the $$ atm. Not sure GWS would want to be paying a large portion for him to play elsewhere though, as the amount saved wouldn't buy them an equivalent replacement. So it's a bit of a millstone.

Richmond looking at trading up to Pick 3 (GC).

Bit of a strange one, Richmond need a whole heap of young talent across their list, not a single young midfielder.
It was interesting Adelaide were also interested in pick 3...upgrading from pick 4 or having 3 and 4?

Perhaps they want to offer pick 3 and 4 to North for pick 1.

Who is saying that?

INTEREST BUILDS IN SUNS' PICK

RICHMOND and Adelaide are among the clubs interested in Gold Coast's pick No.3 with the Suns open to splitting the selection for multiple top picks.

The Suns inquired about trading up to pick No.1 with North Melbourne listening to offers, but the Roos are strongly tipped to hold the selection with South Adelaide teenager Jason Horne-Francis in their sights.

As reported in Inside Trading earlier this month, the Suns are open to trading their top-three pick for two early selections, which has seen the Tigers show interest. Richmond is well placed to make a move up the board with picks 7, 15, 26 and 28 inside the top 30.

The Tigers could package multiple selections to jump up the order, with future picks also an option at their disposal.

The Crows hold pick No.4 at the draft but that will be bumped back to No.6 after bids on father-son pair Nick Daicos and Sam Darcy and they have also shown interest in potentially edging up the board. Adelaide also holds pick 23 but will also be looking to negotiate a trade with Sydney for Jordan Dawson.

Finn Callaghan, Ben Hobbs and Josh Ward are all midfield options pressing to be top-six draft picks, while Josh Gibcus and Mac Andrew are the tall options in the mix outside of Darcy.

Any pick swap deal at the top end could come much closer to November's NAB AFL Draft, however, with clubs able to swap selections up until a week before the event – and then again during the draft. - Callum Twomey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond looking at trading up to Pick 3 (GC).

Bit of a strange one, Richmond need a whole heap of young talent across their list, not a single young midfielder.
Lets see if it happens first and I doubt very much that it would involve swapping all our current picks. I think you are being a tad dramatic there.

Got it, Lore. Already posted in the Twitter link I posted from AFL website earlier today but I haven't had a chance to unpack the contents in the link for all to see.
All good. I've been doing that too, post the link from my phone and sort out the rest on the computer later 😅

So Darcy Fort and Levi Casboult looking like the Lions are interested in ruckman doesn’t look like Ambrosio has faith in Fullarton

Seb Mottram: SEN

Jordan Clark to Fremantle talk

Jon Ralph, Glenn McFarlane and Jay Clark

Cerra to nominate Carlton
Talented Fremantle midfielder Adam Cerra will nominate Carlton as his preferred new home in the days after the Grand Final.
As revealed by the Herald Sun last week, Cerra was always keen to wait until the last of Melbourne’s Grand Final responsibilities were over before making an official call.

But it is believed that the 21-year-old has had contact with Carlton’s new senior coach Michael Voss in recent days and is now keen to make his mark in the Blues’ revival.

While Cerra flirted with the idea of joining the Grand Final Demons, Melbourne’s inability to get the trade done with Dockers was always going to be a deal-breaker.

Alongside Sydney’s George Hewett, who will secure a four year free agency deal at the Blues, Cerra’s recruitment would be a coup for Voss as he looks to fast-track the club’s long-running rebuild.

The Blues and Dockers will get to work on a potential trade which is almost certainly like to start with Carlton’s pick 6.

Also:
  • Tom Mitchell to stay at Hawthorn
  • Mitch Wallis and Stef Martin to play on at the Bulldogs
  • Patrick Lipinski to Collingwood for a swap of future picks, perhaps a future 3rd (due to both clubs using this year's picks for bid matching)

Tom Morris & Joh Ralph Breakdown by Club:

Most of the wrap up has already been covered so I'll call out the ones not covered here before:

Bombers & Gold Coast interested in Luke Dunstan: but are likely to pick him up in the rookie or pre-season draft
Hawthorn: Gunston, Mitchell, O'Meara, Wingard will all be staying at the Hawks
Melbourne: Michael Hibberd will sign for 1 year. Jake Melksham open to move but not a lot of interest
Port Adelaide: Peter Ladhams heavy backend deal with Port means clubs looking for cheap ruckman are out of contention. Western Bulldogs or Geelong likely homes. Tom Clurey in St Kilda's interest but given heavy backend deal unlikely
Western Bulldogs: Josh Dunkley will stay. Mitch Wallis has a 2 year deal in front of him & his decision is pending. Stefan Martin hasn't hit his trigger but is keen to stay...but Dogs are looking for another ruckman

Last edited:
Not sure if right thread.

No blue tick, but there's been a rumor running around Melbourne over the weekend and also reported on a few other team boards that North have offered GWS their 2022 R1 pick and Pick 20 for #2 and GWS 2022 R2. So far rejected.

North hunting Horne and Callaghan apparently.

A reasonably good pick up for the Roos. Costs nothing, but still can play and brings some experience into the team.

How is everyone missing the point with this one?

He's being signed onto the final rookie position to fill out the soft cap as a coach.

He will be the playing development coach in the VFL. Highly unlikely he ever plays AFL again, unless we had the mother of all injury lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back