Prediction What deals don't get done in the year of 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

Made this thread in 2018, 2019 and 2020. Didn't do so last year for reasons I don't quite remember, but with such a big trade period looming this year it might be fun to look at this again.

Of the players who have requested trades, I think the two to watch would be Lobb and Meek. Fremantle are losing a lot of names, and if they both go their ruck depth could be dicey even with Jackson likely coming in. Indeed we've already seen Freo say that Lobb won't be traded, though they could of course change their minds.

I also get the feeling that someone is going to go through the PSD and may not get where they want. Who that is, I'm not sure - though Rioli could be one to watch given what West Coast have publically said.

More interesting is those who haven't requested a trade but have a link to another club. Most likely a few of these fall through - certainly true of some of the smaller fish like Poulter or Crouch. I think De Goey will probably stay at Collingwood if forced to call, and I can't see a Parish or Pickett deal being done this trade period.

Who have you got?

Hopefully Rory Lobb doesn’t get done

Sharpe to Freo
One of Lobb or Meek. Both won't go. If Freo get a good deal for Lobb they won't let Meek go.
Mitchell
Henry maybe? I feel like there hasnt been anything actually concrete about that trade and it is people just speculating. I think Collingwood will want too much for him and Geelong will nope out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Walsh to the Cats

Henry may struggle to get to the Cats for 2 reasons, first: we will surely want a first in return, second: I don’t think he’s that high on the Cats agenda.

Henry may struggle to get to the Cats for 2 reasons, first: we will surely want a first in return, second: I don’t think he’s that high on the Cats agenda.
I agree we would only want to spend a future 2nd rd on him but a fair price would be a pick between 20-25

I think it will get done for a pick around 15-20 but it wont be done until later after the bruhn trade is done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back