List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the only thing in favour is that there’s been nothing from the boy himself that I know of. I say that only because over the last few years some of the Vico lads have gotten pretty cheeky about being right up front saying don’t draft me I wont leave. Still a risk though obviously

not everyone wants to be the Head Master’s son

Which is why he played 12 games in 2011, as a 2nd year player - more than any other tall forward from his draft class? I call bullshit.

Gunston was a mummy's boy who couldn't handle being sent out the Central Districts when not selected in the AFL team. Not wanting to play at Centrals, where he (being born with a silver spoon in his mouth) fit like a square peg in a round hole, was a legitimate reason for being unhappy. Whinging about a lack of AFL opportunities is, was & always has been a load of garbage.

thats a childish and immature take. Belongs in the playground not in serious discussion with adults.

he was headhunted heavily by essendon (who assumed they had his signature); and ended up going to Hawthorn.

other teams could see his talent and were scrambling to get to him, but us, we couldn’t care less

our management of him was appalling, and entitled. Unfortunately we got what we deserved

Gunston’s treatment and exile to Centrals was a prime reason behind the push to get our own reserves team - to stop this sort of poor handling from repeating itself

oh and the stuff about him jilting us at the re-signing altar? All bullshit. A Trigg special.

What utter tripe.

Both he and his manager after ongoing discussions had agreed to an extension and then at the last minute he (with his father Ray's input no doubt) hightailed it out of there without even the decency to attend the B & F to collect his award that ultimately went to Talia.

You really should do some research before re-writing history.

urban myth

thats a childish and immature take. Belongs in the playground not in serious discussion with adults.

he was headhunted heavily by essendon (who assumed they had his signature); and ended up going to Hawthorn.

other teams could see his talent and were scrambling to get to him, but us, we couldn’t care less

our management of him was appalling, and entitled. Unfortunately we got what we deserved

Gunston’s treatment and exile to Centrals was a prime reason behind the push to get our own reserves team - to stop this sort of poor handling from repeating itself

oh and the stuff about him jilting us at the re-signing altar? All bullshit. A Trigg special.
No doubt impacted by our refusal to pay up for young players until they'd hit the relevant games threshold and they'd "earned it"

The sad thing is that a lot of what is being described here persisted LONG after Gunston:
refusal to play talented kids
refusal to pay young players in favor of overpaying seniors

The sad thing is that a lot of what is being described here persisted LONG after Gunston:
refusal to play talented kids
refusal to pay young players in favor of overpaying seniors
Neither of which were problems experienced by Gunston...

7 wins this year with a dodgy midfield .... 5 games lost under 12 points

3 point loss to HAW
5 point loss to COLL
4 point loss to PORT

I think we can win another 3 games next year, with a much better midfield .....agree though 2023 with players getting up to 50 games, is when Finals loom
When you look at that, it’s amazing what nicks has been able to achieve. He’s building a team that never gives in .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade Radio ....Lloyd saying a lot of the Draft kids this year may have only played 7 games in 2 years, with some having to play school footy

So some clubs will rate a player at #20 ....other clubs rating him at #55

kane saying Adelaide giving up #23 for Dawson isn't such a bad thing then, given the lottery of 20's picks this year .....problem with that is, you give up #23, you still have to Draft 3 players .....so the lottery with later picks is worse than #23 IMO

Maybe we do use those 2nd & 3rd Draft picks on Sth Aust & WA players ....who have more exposed form

Last edited:
Trade Radio ....Lloyd saying a lot of he Draft kids this year may have only played 7 games in 2 years, with some having to play school footy

So some clubs will rate a player at #20 ....other clubs rating him at #55

kane saying Adelaide giving up #23 for Dawson isn't such a bad thing then, given the lottery of 20's picks this year .....problem with that is, you give up #23, you still have to Draft 3 players .....so the lottery with later picks is worse than #23 IMO

Maybe we do use those 2nd & 3rd Draft picks on Sth Aust & WA players ....who have more exposed form

It's three out and three in as the minimum, clubs can forgo the draft entirely if they wish if they can satisfy that elsewhere.

Or if they want to upgrade rookie picks.

It's three list moves, clubs can forgo the draft entirely if they wish.
Yes ....could upgrade Butts to the main list, and that's classified as a Draft pick

Mat Rendell saying yesterday that his feel is just 55 players approx to be taken in this Draft

Forward of the ball as in we are looking to draft a forward?
Reids initial reaction to where Dawson will be played was Centre/ Fwd .....he later qualified that, but I'd say his initial reaction was probably closer to the mark

What he said about what the Crows are looking for in the Draft was, Speed and Power .....didn't specifically say fwd of the ball

Reids initial reaction to where Dawson will be played was Centre/ Fwd .....he later qualified that, but I'd say his initial reaction was probably closer to the mark

What he said about what the Crows are looking for in the Draft was, Speed and Power .....didn't specifically say fwd of the ball
Ok thanks for clarifying. Glad to hear we are prioritizing speed and power 👍

It's three out and three in as the minimum, clubs can forgo the draft entirely if they wish if they can satisfy that elsewhere.

Or if they want to upgrade rookie picks.
Trades don't count. Only ND picks and rookie upgrades

I mean it gives us some comfort it won't be Dunstan or Dumont ......we're seeing most clubs weeding out slow midfielders, one is OK ....anymore a liability moving fwd
Well now he didn’t draw a line through Dumont though did he?

Aware he’s out of contract and will have further talks during trade week. I think apparently that’s what he said. Or have I got that wrong?

Gawd that would cause an explosion here ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back