List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they dish out a PP to north and not us assuming we struggle to get wins from here for the rest of the season, I would be all for the club seeking a court injunction or something...anything to try and prevent the AFL issuing one. It would be just about the last straw if they did - the biggest kick in the teeth to our club the AFL could give considering the lack of wins we have also had in the same time North have been poor
I think I will give up on this league if North gets a priority pick after trading out there veterans and we don't after the year we had last year.

The rortery and cumulative shitting on us in the VFL has reached my tolerance levels.

This is where I try to make sense of the points / bidding / matching system, so prepare yourselves because I have no idea what I'm talking about. If you can't handle idiocy, stop reading here and move on to the next post. Thank you.

The sheet at the top of this page doesn't seem to be loading for me, so I can't see what picks the Dogs have got, but from what I could find on Google, they've only got 2 picks (1st round and 4th). Assuming they finish 2nd (their current spot) and end up with pick 17 (and 70-something, which would be nearly worthless points-wise), that would put them about 2,000 points short of the value needed to patch a pick at 1 (drop ~500 off that number if the bid comes at pick 2). Even allowing for the 20% father-son discount bringing that shortfall down to about 1600 (or about 1200) points, would they even be able to match a bid that early without wiping themselves out of the rest of the draft and possibly putting a big dent into next year's? Is there a limit on how big a shortfall they're allowed to carry across to next year? Or would they have to find a player to trade out that would attract a top 10 draft pick (pick 10 = 1395 points) to make up the shortfall? I can't see any club with a top 10 pick this year trading it with the Dogs for next year's - you wouldn't want to bet that big on them sliding that far down the ladder, would you?

Imagine the dogs getting pick 1 last year when they finished 7th and in the finals and then pick 1 again this year and they might win the whole shooting match. Fair and equitable the AFL most certainly are not
Yeah, but isn't it great that the Vic clubs get all the FS players. Great for tradition!

Of all the rules out there, I think this is the worst one of all. what makes it worse is the % discount team get...I mean, what the...

This is where I try to make sense of the points / bidding / matching system, so prepare yourselves because I have no idea what I'm talking about. If you can't handle idiocy, stop reading here and move on to the next post. Thank you.

The sheet at the top of this page doesn't seem to be loading for me, so I can't see what picks the Dogs have got, but from what I could find on Google, they've only got 2 picks (1st round and 4th). Assuming they finish 2nd (their current spot) and end up with pick 17 (and 70-something, which would be nearly worthless points-wise), that would put them about 2,000 points short of the value needed to patch a pick at 1 (drop ~500 off that number if the bid comes at pick 2). Even allowing for the 20% father-son discount bringing that shortfall down to about 1600 (or about 1200) points, would they even be able to match a bid that early without wiping themselves out of the rest of the draft and possibly putting a big dent into next year's? Is there a limit on how big a shortfall they're allowed to carry across to next year? Or would they have to find a player to trade out that would attract a top 10 draft pick (pick 10 = 1395 points) to make up the shortfall? I can't see any club with a top 10 pick this year trading it with the Dogs for next year's - you wouldn't want to bet that big on them sliding that far down the ladder, would you?
There's also every chance there's several players not inside their permanent best 22 that will be seeking more opportunities elsewhere or players they see as surplus to their needs that have draft pick collateral so if they rate the draftee high enough there's little doubt he'll be suiting up in a Doggies guernsey in 2022.

If you look at their ruck stocks veteran Stefan Martin and Jordan Sweet are it given it seems they are looking more at Tim English in a KPF role?

Pretty sure it would be incumbent on them to trade some future picks for 2021 picks worth enough points to make up the shortfall, yes.

Pretty solid game by Wests Cade Kennedy today: 48 disposals (34 k 14 hb), 15 marks, 7 tks, 9 clrs, 7 i50s, 5 r50s a goal and 209 dream team points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NGA prospect Isaiah Dudley 25P, 7 clearances, 7 Inside 50, 6 tackles, 2.1

Just 168cm but keeps getting it done.

Playing midfield at that level which he's been doing most of his junior career I highly doubt is going to translate to AFL..

I think the question will be does he have enough tricks to ply his trade as a small forward in the AFL?

I'd really like to see Centrals give him some SANFL League game time in the small forward role.

He might get a run through the midfield at the Nationals but it's hard to see him getting much in there with the likes of Jason Horne, Matty Roberts, Arlo Draper, Hugh Jackson, Cooper Murley etc all likely ahead of him in the pecking order if they're fit and available.

Playing midfield at that level which he's been doing most of his junior career I highly doubt is going to translate to AFL..

I think the question will be does he have enough tricks to ply his trade as a small forward in the AFL?

I'd really like to see Centrals give him some SANFL League game time in the small forward role.

He might get a run through the midfield at the Nationals but it's hard to see him getting much in there with the likes of Jason Horne, Matty Roberts, Arlo Draper, Hugh Jackson, Cooper Murley etc all likely ahead of him in the pecking order if they're fit and available.
But that is good news isnt it that there are other mids ahead of him as that means if he is in the state team he will have to play forward?

But that is good news isnt it that there are other mids ahead of him as that means if he is in the state team he will have to play forward?
Wouldn't it be better to be playing him in a small forward role now in the SANFL now?

Centrals played Corey Durdin last year who was also a player that played a lot of midfield as a junior, not surprisingly he played small forward at SANFL League level.

Is Murley playing or injured?
I haven't seen his name mentioned lately.

Wouldn't it be better to be playing him in a small forward role now in the SANFL now?

Centrals played Corey Durdin last year who was also a player that played a lot of midfield as a junior, not surprisingly he played small forward at SANFL League level.
It is but if he does well at the nationals as a small forward that is going to shape the clubs opinions a bit you would think

I think you’re right - he transitions to small forward if he makes it.

Recruiters will want to see a full bag of tricks though to counter that size and midfield at this level gives the best chance for him to showcase his all round game.

Yes he is - as is Isaiah Dudley. Both available to us as NGA provided they aren’t top 20 selections.

Is this true? We don’t have any special access to Dudley if a club bids on him before pick 20? The way he’s going, we won’t get him. Looking an absolute ripper.

Is this true? We don’t have any special access to Dudley if a club bids on him before pick 20? The way he’s going, we won’t get him. Looking an absolute ripper.
He’s having a great season. His battle is his 168cm height. No one is taking him before pick 20 so we will be able to bid on him later if keen.

I knew Hawthorn would tank yesterday. Expect Hawthorn and North to lose pretty much every game from here on out. We will need to watch Collingwood as they are likely in full fledged tank mode as well. AFL should change pick 1 into lotto system similar to the NFL. Bottom 4 get an equal chance st pick 1. It will stop the tanking to some degree.
Lottery is NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back