2021 Fixture

Feb 6, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
As soon as we get a couple of covid cases in a state hard borders are slapped on, it's absolutely ludicrous but it is what it is, so yeah it won't run as scheduled.
WA will screw it up. But then the AFL should pull the Eagles and Dockers over east and they can live the Hub life in 2021.

WA will screw it up. But then the AFL should pull the Eagles and Dockers over east and they can live the Hub life in 2021.
WA election is on 13th of March, things might settle down a bit after he's won

mustang

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
Be shocked if it did run as scheduled lol.

Impossible to make plans around the footy this season, you just simply don't know what's going to happen.

You could travel to go and see them interstate then while your there a few cases happen and they close the border then your stuck there.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
You could travel to go and see them interstate then while your there a few cases happen and they close the border then your stuck there.

Yeah makes booking interstate games a nightmare, also you don't even know what day you're playing for the most part.

It's a circus, not sure how much footy I'll attend this season, a lot will come down the rules and conditions that are in place for fans attending games.

Personally got no interest in a socially distanced, lack of atmosphere crowd with a mask.

Yeah makes booking interstate games a nightmare, also you don't even know what day you're playing for the most part.

It's a circus, not sure how much footy I'll attend this season, a lot will come down the rules and conditions that are in place for fans attending games.

Personally got no interest in a socially distanced, lack of atmosphere crowd with a mask.
I'm thinking it might be a good year to upgrade my TV

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
As soon as we get a couple of covid cases in a state hard borders are slapped on, it's absolutely ludicrous but it is what it is, so yeah it won't run as scheduled.

Apparently the debate in the UK is why couldnt they be 'like australia' as if everything is back to normal. It is closer to normal, but as noted, there's no incentive to plan anything.

Brisbane had a full capacity game at Suncorp Stadium in November. Limited crowds have been attending BBL and A-League games. I really don’t get the chicken little posting about attending games this year.

Brisbane had a full capacity game at Suncorp Stadium in November. Limited crowds have been attending BBL and A-League games. I really don’t get the chicken little posting about attending games this year.
Gotta think about the politicians involved though.

WA won't let teams in from States with active, community transmission. And WA teams won't be able to return from States from states with active community cases without isolating (and that's low risk states).

Gotta think about the politicians involved though.

WA won't let teams in from States with active, community transmission. And WA teams won't be able to return from States from states with active community cases without isolating (and that's low risk states).

And we presently have no active cases outside of quarantine - yes s**t can escalate fast as we saw over Christmas, but if things remain under control there won't be an issue. Plus vaccinations will start right around the time the season does. I don't foresee much getting in the way of being able to attend games this season.

It don't expect it to change one bit....(FYI, I'm from there)

Agreed. Palaszczuk is still playing hardball with the Qld border post-election so I doubt McGowan will get more liberal with things post-election either. That said - I would like to think more is being done behind the scenes to tighten hotel quarantine and thus negate the need for future border restrictions.

Back