2021 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

This. I don't care who West Coast plays, but if we can avoid the Suns in the early rounds that would be good. We should be celebrating having a game at the 'G'.
Well, I wouldn't speak too soon. There's nothing stopping a round 2 fixture at Metricon for us.

The R1 away fixturing is more an off-field slap in the face, rather than an onfield one. What with the supposed rational for giving the WC opening [of Optus] rights due to it being the alternating waxing of R1 home games.

Last edited:
We got the Derby last year which financially helped us dramatically.

Am ok not playing Gold Coast on Sunday at OO.

I’m considering heading to Melbourne if possible. Such a good round imo
Thursday - Tigers v Blues
Friday - Pies v dogs
Saturday
Freo v Melbourne
Hawks v Bombers

I'm with the others, I'd hate to get Gold Coast early on, they're gonna do their usual habit of beating everyone for the first 5 weeks and then fall off like usual.

A positive is that our final game should be a home game, so if we make finals, we won’t have to travel for two weeks leading into finals.

Jesse Hogan Cup

Be interesting to see if we get our wish of multiple away and home games at a time

Garlick mentioned at the members meeting that this wouldn't happen next year - with there still being plenty to work out (training locations/access if VFL season is going on etc) but wouldn't rule out the possibility of it being possible in future years.

I'm with the others, I'd hate to get Gold Coast early on, they're gonna do their usual habit of beating everyone for the first 5 weeks and then fall off like usual.
Yeah but this still doesn't stop us from getting the Sun's early (even possibly the next week).

We got the Derby last year which financially helped us dramatically.

Am ok not playing Gold Coast on Sunday at OO.

I’m considering heading to Melbourne if possible. Such a good round imo
Thursday - Tigers v Blues
Friday - Pies v dogs
Saturday
Freo v Melbourne
Hawks v Bombers

How did it help us? capped at 30,000 nearly all would have been Freo members.

Good opportunity to play on the MCG early with a few of the young lads from last year!
Very winnable game! I feel our style will suit the G alot..

JLo got the team ready to handle last year as a first year coach and buying into the challenge of the hubs. And now some of us are complaining that our first game is at the MCG? C’mon guys. It’s not a good look.

I think the Dees are a great first game and we’ll see where the team is at in year 2. Come out execute the game plan and we should beat them. It’ll be a great test to see how we fare against teams in the same ladder range (6-12ish). Dees are nothing special. Are we?

I can’t freaking wait.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably a minor source of revenue compared to a full house with a heap of non non-member seats sold.
In 2019 Signage, Corporate and Dining Room Revenue was almost equal to Membership Revenue - in a year where every dollar counted - an extra home match was well worth it.

In 2019 Signage, Corporate and Dining Room Revenue was almost equal to Membership Revenue

Geez, that's an amazing stat
You could imagine a CEO getting totally derailed by that - let's see, should I chase another 1000 members that are probably pesks and whingers when the team loses, or sell another corporate package to boozing business types that have to ask 'who won' at the end of the night?

Melbourne, GWS, Carlton, Hawthorn, Adelaide & North Melbounre in the first six rounds is a major win.

West Coast, Brisbane, Sydney, Hawthorn and Carlton as double ups is also very good

Only one MCG game is disheartening. As is that awful Hawthorn Tasmania fixture in Round 17.

A whole bunch of Sunday games in the first 6 rounds + no C7 telecasts is not great either.

Our post-bye fixture is VERY tough, with COL (A), HAW (A), GEE (H), RIC (H), SYD (A), BRI (A) all in Rounds 15-21.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back