2021 football LEARNINGS™ | NOW: three things I learnt from... Round 6!

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 learnings
    CONTENDER (24).png
    For me:

1. Sydney is an unbelievable and frustratingly good organisation. Even when they're poor, they're not really poor. I think they could surprise a few this year.​
    2. Steven May is IMO the best player we've had in about two decades.​
    3. The STAND on the mark rule wasn't as intrusive as expected for me.​

Over to you, Melbourne board! 🥳

Round 3 learnings
    May or may not have missed Round 2 completely. :eyes:

CONTENDER (25).png
    For me:
    1. I think the not-moving-off-the-mark rule is having a bigger impact than I thought it would. Footy is great to watch this year.
    2. Pickett is just about the most exciting player I have seen at Melbourne.
    3. It's a long season. With regular length matches back in 2021, it feels like much more of a marathon to me than 2020.

Over to you, Melbourne board!

Round 4 learnings
    CONTENDER (26).png

For me:

1. Was discussed in another thread, but I think Brayshaw is putting together some good, largely unnoticed form. He's keeping space a lot better, and I think he's sacrificing a lot of his potential numbers game for good of the team.
    2. Geelong could easily be 0-4 right now. Are they finally going to drop off?
    3. North is in a lot of trouble. I can't help but feel for their supporters, having been in a similar position pretty recently. I think it'll be a long re-build.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROUND 5 learnings
    CONTENDER (27).png
    1. Weid looked really good in the VFL. I'm a lot more confident bringing him in than Brown without disrupting what we've got going on for some reason.​
    2. Squiggle has us losing to Richmond by one point. I just don't think I'd enjoy that so much.​
    3. Proper Gander gives excellent post-event reports.​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 8 learnings
    CONTENDER (30).png
    1. Luke Jackson is phenomenal. I didn't think at any stage this season I'd feel as comfortable with Jackson in the middle as Gawn, but here we are.​
    2. The race for the final eight this year is going to be very interesting. Presently there's only one game separating Geelong (4th) and St. Kilda (11th).​
    3. We need to work on our first quarters.​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back