List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Players I would look at to replace a Levi type

Ballenden - Hard to crack into that Lions side and can play anywhere down the spine

Chol - Think he continues to improve and if he was traded in, still need to look for a Jones replacement, 2 for 1 deal and target Ben Miller as well?

Treacy, Esava - Unlikely

All players OOC

Ballenden - Hard to crack into that Lions side and can play anywhere down the spine

Chol - Think he continues to improve and if he was traded in, still need to look for a Jones replacement, 2 for 1 deal and target Ben Miller as well?

Treacy, Esava - Unlikely

All players OOC

Should be all over Esava. He and TDK would be the perfect 80/20 ruck/fwd rotation. Charlie to roam as a “3rd tall” to reduce the pressure on him and his body. All for this type of player.

Our biggest need this year is to find a Casboult replacement. Either by recruiting or finding an internal solution.

TDK would be a good option but he would be wasted playing forward for large periods of time as he’s a 1st ruck.

We lose a lot having Pitto 1st ruck over TDK
One of the reasons I was hoping we would get a shot at Jackson Callow in the mid season draft but alas the Hawks got in first with there 2nd pick, one of our strengths in the last few years was our contested marking and marking talls in general which with the cliff Casboult has fallen off has been severely lacking this year and we are struggling with the down the line kicks because of this, it is certainly an area we need to fix, having a fit Charlie and McGovern would help but we still need depth both forward and down back as far as talls go.

Ballenden should be our number 1 target at years end as the Jones replacement and from what I’ve seen is playing pretty well in the VFL down back with his marking, the other one would have been Brander but it looks like we might be a year late as he looks to have cemented a spot in the West Coast side this year. someone mentioned Riccardi who would be a great partner for Harry and Charlie up forward or as a 3rd tall down back but I doubt GWS will be to keen to let him go.

I’ve been keeping an eye on Willem Drew at Port who I think is out of contract at years end and is coming along nicely, being the nephew of Bear Gleeson helps as well but his midfield work is starting to get to the first 18 stage and would be a nice addition and add some more toughness and tackling pressure to our midfield for a fairly cheap get.

PS: I completely agree in regards to TDK as first ruck it needs to happen and very very quickly, Pitto is just ineffectual as a tap ruck and honestly a liability more than an asset, I’m almost at the stage where I’d rather throw Mirkov with all his rawness in the team ahead of Pitt as at least he has tap ruck skills that encompass 360 degrees of range not just hit it straight down which is Pitts range limit, that is when he can manage to jump off the ground anyway.

Last edited:
One of the reasons I was hoping we would get a shot at Jackson Callow in the mid season draft but alas the Hawks got in first with there 2nd pick, one of our strengths in the last few years was our contested marking and marking talls in general which with the cliff Casboult has fallen off has been severely lacking this year and we are struggling with the down the line kicks because of this, it is certainly an area we need to fix, having a fit Charlie and McGovern would help but we still need depth both forward and down back as far as talls go.

Ballenden should be our number 1 target at years end as the Jones replacement and from what I’ve seen is playing pretty well in the VFL down back with his marking, the other one would have been Brander but it looks like we might be a year late as he looks to have cemented a spot in the West Coast side this year. someone mentioned Riccardi who would be a great partner for Harry and Charlie up forward or as a 3rd tall down back but I doubt GWS will be to keen to let him go.

I’ve been keeping an eye on Willem Drew at Port who I think is out of contract at years end and is coming along nicely, being the nephew of Bear Gleeson helps as well but his midfield work is starting to get to the first 18 stage and would be a nice addition and add some more toughness and tackling pressure to our midfield for a fairly cheap get.
I was hoping for Ottavi in the MSD as a mature body who could step right up. We have Charlie McKay potentially arriving this year, along with a couple of other youngsters.

Someone needs to grab a hold of the title ' 3rd best mid'. Setterfield showed glimpses last year but is lost this year. It shouldn't be Ed but probably is at present.
Let’s hope and pray that the exit of Barker opens up some opportunities for Stocker, Fish and even SPS to get a descent crack at it in there especially Stocker with his mongrel and hardness along with his closing speed if the oppo win it.

I was hoping for Ottavi in the MSD as a mature body who could step right up. We have Charlie McKay potentially arriving this year, along with a couple of other youngsters.
Yeah I saw young Charlie racked up 37 touches in his last NAB league game which is a great sign, not sure if it was at half back or if they gave him a run in the midfield I’m hoping it was the latter but I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not talking about TDK mate was referring to the Pitto upgrade 😜

haha yup. and that's why I would be aiming to upgrade him.

Hickey was given away for a few pick trades and he's a much better player than Pitto

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Pittonet. He's a solid ruck who:
- competes reasonably well physically
- is able to study and neutralise his opponents; sometimes, he's struggled most against first-gamers or players were there is a lack of tape, or who are hard to plan against, and performed well against the NicNat, Grundy types who
- is a good tackler and ok in follow up work
- is durable - has been consistently healthy
- seems to be a professional and a good clubman

If nothing else, that makes him a remarkably effective backup ruck, and given how injury-prone the position is, a very good player to keep on the list. Assuming De Koning is #1 going forward, we still need a second ruck anyway (De Koning is miles off rucking the 80% of game time that would make that redundant).

Oh, and Pittonet has only played 32 games and is still learning his craft, and ruckmen have a tendency to bloom late (a la Hickey).

It's nuts to even consider deslisting him. Pitto is probably one of the most rock solid assets we have, relative to salary and capacity to play their role in the team.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Pittonet. He's a solid ruck who:
- competes reasonably well physically
- is able to study and neutralise his opponents; sometimes, he's struggled most against first-gamers or players were there is a lack of tape, or who are hard to plan against, and performed well against the NicNat, Grundy types who
- is a good tackler and ok in follow up work
- is durable - has been consistently healthy
- seems to be a professional and a good clubman

If nothing else, that makes him a remarkably effective backup ruck, and given how injury-prone the position is, a very good player to keep on the list. Assuming De Koning is #1 going forward, we still need a second ruck anyway (De Koning is miles off rucking the 80% of game time that would make that redundant).

Oh, and Pittonet has only played 32 games and is still learning his craft, and ruckmen have a tendency to bloom late (a la Hickey).

It's nuts to even consider deslisting him. Pitto is probably one of the most rock solid assets we have, relative to salary and capacity to play their role in the team.

Agree with all of this. And the young Mirkov in the wings developing. Play Tdk sure but his body is still slight . Having said all that I do want TDK in the team. By the end of the year I think we will have ok ruck depth .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with all of this. And the young Mirkov in the wings developing. Play Tdk sure but his body is still slight . Having said all that I do want TDK in the team. By the end of the year I think we will have ok ruck depth .

TDK is deceptive in his build. He’s 203cm and around 100kg. Ideally, he would want to be around 110kg… but I reckon he would still look slight.

Treacy, Esava - Unlikely

All players OOC

Have you any interest in Riccardi or think he would be a good fit for us?

Hypothetically, if Charlie, Gov, Casboult we’re all fit for the rest of the year, who do they replace and who would you like to see used as the back up ruck?

He has to step up in the centre and drift . Have to play him and test him against Mummy .

I think he should be told to get on his bike and run Mummy into the ground. Also, he has to avoid wrestling matches at stoppages around the ground. Mummy will try and use his weight advantage to wear TDK down And break him down that way. Also, I reckon this would be a good week for Casboult to come back if he’s fit and able and rest Pittonet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back