List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

If Cerra was a pick 5 and it is widely accepted that he has made an exceptional start to his career how if this years pick 6 ( actually 8 ) a "fair" offer?
Picking top 10s is still a risk and some bust, Cerra is a confirmed pick 5. I'm genuinely trying to understand this point of view - if you call it a lowball I get it, I just don't by the "fair" argument.

It's BigFooty list management 101 mate. Get with the program!! 😆

Brander was a teammate of Dow and O’Brien at Bendigo and i assume, Vic Country.
All 3 taken in the 2017 draft along with Cerra and TDK.
Certainly would be harvesting that draft with picks 3,5,10,13,30 coming through together.
Similar to our 2015 haul of Silvagni Kennedy McKay Weitering Cuningham Curnow with picks 1,10,12,13,23,FS

That's a good reason to avoid Brander.

That Pioneers team was terrible, finished last and didn't produce anyone of any great note.

2012 was the last time that program produced any players of high class talent with Wines and Stringer.

Some NAB league programs are just better at producing high level AFL players than others.

That's a good reason to avoid Brander.

That Pioneers team was terrible, finished last and didn't produce anyone of any great note.

2012 was the last time that program produced any players of high class talent with Wines and Stringer.

Some NAB league programs are just better at producing high level AFL players than others.

6DEDBA2B-3F11-419C-9310-27F1E2C27F9A.gif

Yeah nah ... anyone with a shred of knowledge can see its an unfair matchup that is won by Cerra ...

But thats what makes the interweb great yeah?

Sorry half cut .... had a BBQ and beers and now Bourbon ...

But I laughed non the less.
Noice one Crusher. I have you pegged as looking like the big dude on Mad Max Fury Road who tears the blower off the truck. ‘I had a baby brother, he was perfect in every way’ - ‘Now get me a bourbon, or, I’ll bite ya farting head off’. As you eat a pile of rocks.

Noice one Crusher. I have you pegged as looking like the big dude on Mad Max Fury Road who tears the blower off the truck. ‘I had a baby brother, he was perfect in every way’ - ‘Now get me a bourbon, or, I’ll bite ya farting head off’. As you eat a pile of rocks.

Yes.

Arrow general question
Who's do you see as the better fit for us Brander or Riccardi and why?

Tough one, as they are different types

Brander is a similar type to Kemp, Gunston. Riccardi more that 2nd KPF/chopout ruckman

I still prefer a Ballenden type over these 2

Tough one, as they are different types

Brander is a similar type to Kemp, Gunston. Riccardi more that 2nd KPF/chopout ruckman

I still prefer a Ballenden type over these 2
Imagine if we could get Cerra for 6, Hewett as a RFA, Ballenden as a UFA, and the swap of SPS for Brander...:To me, that would be a good trade period. I haven't heard or checked anything about where Ballenden is at. Is he open to moving, or is he staying?

Arrow,

Can Brander, Petrucelle, Hewett and Cerra get us to top 4 or part of that puzzle or are they gap fillers in a side that finishes 6 to 8. Which of them are top 22 players for Bulldogs and Dees?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra and Hewett are good additions that’s obvious, but we need a quality mature Ruckman too if possible , if we’re to revitalize our midfield to be a more attaching unit.
I’d also pursue Riccardi whom has potential and would not be costly.
Take whatever we get for SPS he’s checked out long ago, an OOC player alost cause,unfortunately.
I’d trade McGovern, Dow LOB & Fisher whilst they have some trade value remaining and if practicable.

Arrow,

Can Brander, Petrucelle, Hewett and Cerra get us to top 4 or part of that puzzle or are they gap fillers in a side that finishes 6 to 8. Which of them are top 22 players for Bulldogs and Dees?
Is this really relevant though?

Would Schache, Hannan, Sparrow, Bowey be top 22 players at all the other clubs?

Every good side has gap-fillers, it's the collective that's important.

Agree , it’s impossibly to expect put together a team of champions in a few draft years no matter the picks. Very good teams, have hand full of elite players and reasonable players in the important positions, especially midfield which cannot be ignored.
They can’t all be champions , versatility is important.
If we get the engine room revitalized & effective , the other gaps will be filled gradually.

I really don't want to pay that much for Cerra. I'd be wanting something back if we're giving away 6. As much as I like Cerra, I think giving away 6 is a really bad idea for our future. We've effectively opted out of the first round in the last two drafts, doing so again is dangerous.
Why? Not saying we must do it but, Cerra is an established commodity and young while Pick 6 is hoping to get a Cerra type.

Imagine if we could get Cerra for 6, Hewett as a RFA, Ballenden as a UFA, and the swap of SPS for Brander...:To me, that would be a good trade period. I haven't heard or checked anything about where Ballenden is at. Is he open to moving, or is he staying?

Not sure if Ballenden is looking to move on, but with Daniher, Hipwood, McStay, Mcinerney, Andrews, Payne, Gardiner ahead of him, I would be asking the question

Not sure if Ballenden is looking to move on, but with Daniher, Hipwood, McStay, Mcinerney, Andrews, Payne, Gardiner ahead of him, I would be asking the question
Plus Marcus Adams & Fullarton. Really think Brisbane's list is the best in terms of targeting to poach a depth tall from them.

Hewett can (and has) played as a tagger
I don’t care about taggers coming on board. I want to be the tagged. Besides not many play genuine taggers anymore, just guys who can run with to shut down for periods of time. Hewitt, Stocker and Ed can do that.

Is this really relevant though?

Would Schache, Hannan, Sparrow, Bowey be top 22 players at all the other clubs?

Every good side has gap-fillers, it's the collective that's important.
It is relevant if pick 6 will deliver a top player or if Petrucelle is not a true gut running wingman and is another unplayable, soft outside type who takes 6 seasons to play 50 games. I am over recruiting names, I want strategy behind all this. Also, are the same people who criticised Sumner, Gartlett, Pickett now supporting Petrucelle?---I am not against these players as long as the Club are thinking through the reasons for recruitment. eg if Petrucelle is a gut running wingman it is a tick but if he is just another high half forward-well then martin, Honey, JSOS play that role in various forms.

Plus Marcus Adams & Fullarton. Really think Brisbane's list is the best in terms of targeting to poach a depth tall from them.

There are other similar types around, and while Ballenden is a B/C grader at best, he can play a anywhere down the spine, 200cm, agile enough and has really safe footskills

It is relevant if pick 6 will deliver a top player or if Petrucelle is not a true gut running wingman and is another unplayable, soft outside type who takes 6 seasons to play 50 games. I am over recruiting names, I want strategy behind all this. Also, are the same people who criticised Sumner, Gartlett, Pickett now supporting Petrucelle?---I am not against these players as long as the Club are thinking through the reasons for recruitment. eg if Petrucelle is a gut running wingman it is a tick but if he is just another high half forward-well then martin, Honey, JSOS play that role in various forms.
Petrucelle is no good, I don't think many are advocating for his recruitment. Absolute nothing player. I agree, would much rather get games into Honey over a trash pick-up like Petrucelle.

Cerra, I really think he's as close to a sure thing as you can get for a player his age. No issue whatsoever handing over 6.

I hope we can get 29 for SPS and then get creative with some later picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back