NFL 2021 - NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, don't know how many times we've seen it, TEs with hype not producing early, plus I don't think Arthur Smith utilised Jonnu Smith very well in Tennessee, not saying Pitts doesn't have more upside, but both are athletic freaks for their size so you can point to some similarities in their game.
Big fan of Smith (Jonnu) and expected him to break out last year after watching some tape of his the year prior. Was productive early but as the year wore on his output diminished(from memory). Will be interesting to see how Smith utilises Hurst/Pitts. Keen to see how BB fares with Smith now too

Big fan of Smith and expected him to break out last year after watching some tape of his the year prior. Was productive early but as the year wore on his output diminished(from memory). Will be interesting to see how Smith utilises Hurst/Pitts. Keen to see how BB fares with Smith now too

Yea I'm a big Jonnu fan too, reckon he'll go off in NE. Will be their #1 weapon by years end and quite considerably, 900+ yard receiving season not out of the question I don't think.

Thinking Pitts can eclipse Shockey?

If any TE drafted in first can it will be Pitts but i doubt it reckon he gets 500-600 yards 7 tds for the year. I love Pitts as a prospect but no way i am taking a TE in top 5 even top 10 of a draft. Ask the Lions if they feel T.J Hockenson was worth pick 8 in 2019.

If any TE drafted in first can it will be Pitts but i doubt it reckon he gets 500-600 yards 7 tds for the year. I love Pitts as a prospect but no way i am taking a TE in top 5 even top 10 of a draft. Ask the Lions if they feel T.J Hockenson was worth pick 8 in 2019.
They might think so after the 2021 season given the state of their receiving corps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact some people in jags locker room are pissed with tebows signing is a joke. The jags were the worst team in the league last year to be honest other than a handful of players that roster has under performed the last few years. Most of them should be thankful to still be on a nfl roster.
If your head coach who has coached Tebow think his offers something you should roll with it and prove him wrong not offer your opinion to the media especially if you doing it namelessly.

It's happening dot gif

Packers signed QB Blake Bortles, formerly of the Rams, to a one-year contract.
Bortles, 29, has familiarity with both coach Matt LaFleur with the Rams and OC Nathaniel Hackett after the two went to the AFC title game together with the Jaguars. This move is solely based on familiarity, as Hackett reportedly "loves" Bortles. For Bortles, he'll get to sling the ball around at in-person workouts next week alongside Jordan Love with Aaron Rodgers keeping his distance from the team in hope of a trade out of town. Love and Bortles would make for a hilariously-bad QB duo if Rodgers is indeed dealt.
... See More
RELATED:
May 12, 2021, 5:34 PM ET

It's happening dot gif

Bortles, 29, has familiarity with both coach Matt LaFleur with the Rams and OC Nathaniel Hackett after the two went to the AFC title game together with the Jaguars. This move is solely based on familiarity, as Hackett reportedly "loves" Bortles. For Bortles, he'll get to sling the ball around at in-person workouts next week alongside Jordan Love with Aaron Rodgers keeping his distance from the team in hope of a trade out of town. Love and Bortles would make for a hilariously-bad QB duo if Rodgers is indeed dealt.
... See More
RELATED:

From a GOAT to the BOAT.

Maybe Love wil be on the move.

Last edited:
Testament to a thing

Might be best for Pitts to have an OK career start unless he goes full Shockey.

But in the end this is only one metric of judging a TE...who if they don't block at the line of scrimmage are just oversized WRs anyway.

Might be best for Pitts to have an OK career start unless he goes full Shockey.

But in the end this is only one metric of judging a TE...who if they don't block at the line of scrimmage are just oversized WRs anyway.
Would be hilarious if Pitts was a total disaster. O have a feeling therell be better TEs drafted later than him, cos theyre inline blockers essentially

It's happening dot gif

... See More
RELATED:
It’s a camp arm lol.. you guys

Considering that Love is the only QB on the roster before today if Rodgers did hold out. we needed another QB.

But Bort's one good season came with Nathaniel Hackett who is our OC. But its not looking any better on the Rodgers situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back