NFL 2021 - NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jaguars signed TE Tim Tebow to a one-year contract.
The deal isn't 'official' just yet but will be in the next week or so. Tebow, 33, hasn't played in a regular-season game in nine years and will be attempting to change positions once he does make it to camp. It's another wacky (albeit fun) move that brings Meyer's tenure into question after the organization also added a first-round running back and drafted multiple injured players. There is no competition among Jacksonville's tight ends if Tebow does somehow sneak onto the 53-man roster.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
May 10, 2021, 1:54 PM ET

Colts signed T Eric Fisher to a one-year, $9.4 million contract.
It's about $100,000 less than Fisher made in 2020. Landing Fisher, who started 113 of 117 games with Kansas City from 2013 to 2020, is a boon for Carson Wentz, who was under constant pressure last season in Philadelphia. Fisher will now protect Wentz' blindside in 2021 -- and beyond, if the team extends Fisher sometime this year. Pro Football Focus graded Fisher, 30, as 2020's 22nd best pass blocking tackle. He'll join an Indy offensive line graded as PFF's seventh best pass-blocking unit in 2020. The Athletic's Stephen Holder said Fisher, who suffered an Achilles injury in the 2020 postseason, is expected to be back to full health by the end of September. The Indianapolis Star's Jim Ayello said the team has no timeline on the veteran's return. It wouldn't be surprising if Fisher missed the season's first month -- maybe two.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
May 10, 2021, 11:47 AM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports there's a "chance" Colts LT Eric Fisher (Achilles') won't be ready to play until October.
Indianapolis reportedly "won't push" Fisher as he continues recovering from January's Achilles' tear, making it possible he sits through the first month of the season. It's an odd signing since the team doesn't have another confident option at that position, but Fisher does provide a stable presence if healthy. Sam Tevi would be asked to protect Carson Wentz's blindside for however long Fisher remains sidelined.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
May 10, 2021, 1:31 PM ET

NFL Network's Jesse Palmer reports Denver is a "legitimate landing spot" for Aaron Rodgers.
Palmer said the Denver brass immediately came up with trade scenarios when reports surfaced about Rodgers "and his uncomfortable situation with the Packers." The Broncos, who have the second most salary cap space in the league, are one of the few teams in the league that could absorb Rodgers' massive contract, Palmer reported. He confirmed the team would not hesitate to supplant incumbent starting QB Drew Lock, who was a disaster for much of his sophomore season. Meanwhile, NBC Sports' Peter King said the Packers are "looking for a way to olive-branch a peace treaty" with their disgruntled QB. Any trade for Rodgers -- who the Packers insist if not available -- would prove earthshaking for fantasy purposes. Davante Adams and the rest of Green Bay's pass catchers would take a major hit while Courtland Sutton, Noah Fant, and Jerry Jeudy would see their average draft positions (rightfully) spike. Denver's running backs would also get a value bump. If a trade gets done, it's likely weeks away.
RELATED:
SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter
May 10, 2021, 9:10 AM ET

The Tebow signing is just a Jags publicity stunt surely to draw in the Church Crowd over the pre season. Not a chance he makes the roster.

On second thoughts if this was anyone but Khan's idea for drawing interest to the Jags it's pathetic, if this was genuinely Myer's call hes already part way to losing the lockeroom before a game has even been played.

This ain't college dickhead, these guys are paid professionals with livelihoods at stake and you're taking someone's spot with a gimmick.

Put me down for $100 that Myer doesn't last as long as Chip Kelly did in the league. Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not like Tebow has been doing nothing his being playing professional baseball the last few years so his kept in shape.

I actually like this move for the JAGs if only it drums up ticket sales and much need media coverage for the Jaguars. Tebow is a legend in the state of Florida for the 2 national titles he got florida.
Even thou they landed no 1 pick all the talk up the the draft was about my 49ers and the 3rd pick. They need something to drum up some publicity and if it works out you have a feel good story that Disney will like make a movie of.

Its not like Tebow has been doing nothing his being playing professional baseball the last few years so his kept in shape.

I actually like this move for the JAGs if only it drums up ticket sales and much need media coverage for the Jaguars. Tebow is a legend in the state of Florida for the 2 national titles he got florida.
Even thou they landed no 1 pick all the talk up the the draft was about my 49ers and the 3rd pick. They need something to drum up some publicity and if it works out you have a feel good story that Disney will like make a movie of.
Minor league baseball is hardly prep for an NFL season. He’s been out of the game for 10 years and never played TE at any college/pro. Do they want a circus or a serious team after years of failure?

The Jaguars already have five tight ends on their roster: Chris Manhertz, James O'Shaughnessy, Luke Farrell, Ben Ellefson and Tyler Davis. Manhertz, who was signed in free agency, is a blocker who has 12 catches in 70 career games. O'Shaughnessy has 88 catches in six seasons with Kansas City and Jacksonville. Ellefson has one career catch, and Davis played in eight games last season after the Jaguars selected him in the sixth round. Farrell was the team's fifth-round pick this year.

Might aswell kick the tyres on Tebow don't have anything to lose at this point.

Jacksonville are in the running for doing hard knocks aswell this off season theres another reason to give tebow a shot. Make for great viewing.

The Jaguars already have five tight ends on their roster: Chris Manhertz, James O'Shaughnessy, Luke Farrell, Ben Ellefson and Tyler Davis. Manhertz, who was signed in free agency, is a blocker who has 12 catches in 70 career games. O'Shaughnessy has 88 catches in six seasons with Kansas City and Jacksonville. Ellefson has one career catch, and Davis played in eight games last season after the Jaguars selected him in the sixth round. Farrell was the team's fifth-round pick this year.

Might aswell kick the tyres on Tebow don't have anything to lose at this point.

No, you might as well give a udfa who plays TE a chance, it's not an issue about Jags needs, it's about Myer doing favours for his mates like he's still in college. Tebow has never played TE, flat out refused to switch positions earlier in his career when asked on several occasions.

It's a disgrace honestly mate.

No, you might as well give a udfa who plays TE a chance, it's not an issue about Jags needs, it's about Myer doing favours for his mates like he's still in college. Tebow has never played TE, flat out refused to switch positions earlier in his career when asked on several occasions.

It's a disgrace honestly mate.
It’s a gimmick at best, Glad I’m not a Jags fan, I’d have massive reservations about Urban Myers level of competence at this point. Have a feeling it will be a long year for the Jags once again

It’s a gimmick at best, Glad I’m not a Jags fan, I’d have massive reservations about Urban Myers level of competence at this point. Have a feeling it will be a long year for the Jags once again

This, along with the appointment as coach of his buddy who from Iowa who had some character concerns to say the least tells me he is absolutely clueless about how different the pros are from college.

The same type of Myer behaviour has been seen numerous times in the NFL, it won't work, coaches that are this short sighted and arrogant don't last.

Luckily for me, Matt Rhule isn't your cookie cutter know it all college coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back