2021 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 1: we can have lots of fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully he makes it, as much as Gooch had flaws, he was hard done by here.
Often people learn from their mistakes first up .....the injury came at absolutely the wrong time for Gallucci

Too many quality draftee's coming thru squeezed him out

Often people learn from their mistakes first up .....the injury came at absolutely the wrong time for Gallucci

Too many quality draftee's coming thru squeezed him out

Yup. That injury was the worst possible thing for gooch Adelaides career. Especially as he would have had a good chance at overtaking Jones.

Wasn't meant to be here, I guess.

I personally would have kept Galluci over someone like Murphy. Or Mackay. Or Davis.
For how much of an investment he was for us was a huge waste to delist him ahead of those three.
If he makes it at Richmond I will be livid.
Sunk cost, his draft pick became irrelevant once he was selected.

Sunk cost, his draft pick became irrelevant once he was selected.
Nope. If a club like Richmond sees him as a talent worth persisting with, the talent is there. He showed it in his pre 2020 games.
Players like Murphy, Davis and Mackay aren't capable of being best 22 players into the future. That's the difference.

Is this an old quote - they just got the team pic wrong (port instead of Richmond) and it was actually Hardwick a few seasons back?

Without wanting to put too fine a point on it, I don't see port winning A flag in the next 5 years with Grey, Boak, Hartlett, Dixon, Motlop, Rockliff etc all getting very close to or hitting their 30's. Maybe we will be able to build a better side for the next flag from SA in the next 5 seasons? - we have certainly started to put the pieces in place and fingers crossed the kids we have drafted can all come on like we hope

tell-em-theyre-dreaming.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. If a club like Richmond sees him as a talent worth persisting with, the talent is there. He showed it in his pre 2020 games.
Players like Murphy, Davis and Mackay aren't capable of being best 22 players into the future. That's the difference.
Gooch fell out of contract at the wrong time

I do agree with Mackay, but Davis is contracted and Murphy's career to date is better than many give him credit for.

Gooch fell out of contract at the wrong time

I do agree with Mackay, but Davis is contracted and Murphy's career to date is better than many give him credit for.

When the biggest club in the state doesn't have 100K fans I fail to see how the little brother will.

It's all well and good to set targets, but there's very little chance it actually happens.

Do you think anyone will lose their jobs if their aims don't follow through ??

Here's a hint - they've won 1 finals Game in 7 years
Did their blurb say people would lose jobs?

I would rather our club have a targeted strategy rather than some aimless wandering

Eh at least Port are putting the pressure on

Our motto is 'make the 8'

They might be, but you have to be somewhat realistic about it.

If you look at the age breakdown of their list there's no way that they're winning three flags in five years.

Maybe if they said this back in 2014 when Grey, Boak, Ebert etc were all in their prime it would have been more realistic, but with 7 players 30 or older on their list this year if anything they'll be staring down the face of a major rebuild in 2 to 3 years.

Did their blurb say people would lose jobs?

I would rather our club have a targeted strategy rather than some aimless wandering
Dreams are nice, but in reality they are just dreams.

They might be, but you have to be somewhat realistic about it.

If you look at the age breakdown of their list there's no way that they're winning three flags in five years.

Maybe if they said this back in 2014 when Grey, Boak, Ebert etc were all in their prime it would have been more realistic, but with 7 players 30 or older on their list this year if anything they'll be staring down the face of a major rebuild in 2 to 3 years.
Not if you talk to a Port fan, they think their list is set for a decade of domination. 'The kids are better than our older players' 'You're just jealous' etc

I personally would have kept Galluci over someone like Murphy. Or Mackay. Or Davis.
For how much of an investment he was for us was a huge waste to delist him ahead of those three.
If he makes it at Richmond I will be livid.

Prepare to be livid then, he has the talent and now he'll have the motivation to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back