2021 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 1: we can have lots of fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

BACCS

BigFooty Juggernaut
May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Gary Putland, Redbacks, Oz Cricket
News to me, I guess he'll have to transfer his studies from UQ to a Melbourne Uni because that was behind the GCS luring up there to play NEAFL while they assessed him.
Had a chat to someone close with Baldwin, they thought Hawks were his best bet, this took even those close to him by surprise

footy4ever

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So, Richmond Collingwood. No flagellation about Hocking sitting back with a sh*t-eating grin thinking he’s been vindicated for the worst rule change in the history of the game?

The rule is still sh*t.

It’s done nothing but add to the death by a thousand cuts of a once great game.

BRL121

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
So, Richmond Collingwood. No flagellation about Hocking sitting back with a sh*t-eating grin thinking he’s been vindicated for the worst rule change in the history of the game?

The rule is still sh*t.

It’s done nothing but add to the death by a thousand cuts of a once great game.
Interesting observing the rule in this game. Both sides are being obedient on the mark, but Richmond are far more practised at the kicker taking advantage of it. Collingwood just seem to be playing like last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tinman

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kilkenny Cats, WWT Eagles
Zac Williams 17 touches

Alot of money to pay for a HB with midfield ambitions

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's a pre-season game. And Williams can play, I like him as a player. But no way has been able to show that:
He is a better half back than Laird; or
He can transition to the midfield

and I'll bet he will be on way, way more $ than Laird (and no I am not privy to player contracts)

Yet posters complain about signing Laird on 5? Great move. I'm behind it

MRB37

Brownlow Medallist
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
AFL pushes the media to spruke "how good is this" in a non intensity pre-season match due to one team scoring over 100 and another being 1 point short. Very next game it's both teams under 80 points, proving again that the coaches control the game and not Steve Hocking like he likes to think.

UcantCme

Team Captain
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's a pre-season game. And Williams can play, I like him as a player. But no way has been able to show that:
He is a better half back than Laird; or
He can transition to the midfield

and I'll bet he will be on way, way more $ than Laird (and no I am not privy to player contracts)

Yet posters complain about signing Laird on 5? Great move. I'm behind it
Agree Williams can play however his proven position is HB, not midfield

Williams has moved to Carlton on Elite Midfielder dollars and this year will need to demonstrate elite midfield production to pay Carlton back for their salary cap investment

It's a massive roll of the dice by Carlton

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad