Discussion 2021 Player X v Y v Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh yeah, you're right, I remember now. But he wasn't very good at it. He built his body and moved into the midfield, now he's one of the best accumulators in the game, and actually has decent disposal efficiency.

Player - Games - Goals - Behinds
----------------------------------------
Dunks - 78 - 42 - 47
Libba - 148 - 50 - 28
Bont - 145 - 126 - 116
Macrae - 159 - 37 - 31

I know who I want to spend more time forward, and it's not Macrae

Worst case you're getting a 110-115 average with Macrae. Maybe you can get him $50k to $100k cheaper later, but it's not a bad result

Over the last couple of hours, I've convinced myself that I need to start him

#1 Mid for 3 year average

Zilliams (D4), Heppell (M6) and Laird in mids vs mid rookie, Merrett (M3) and Laird in def

Lloyd and Taranto
V
McDonald and Merrett
Similar question to the other day but im off Oliver now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zilliams (D4), Heppell (M6) and Laird in mids vs mid rookie, Merrett (M3) and Laird in def
1st option, assuming Heppell gets through the preseason matches and looks good

Steele vs Oliver vs Petracca vs Merrett. 🤔
Leaning towards Trac. Looks even fitter now, will get bulk midfield minutes then rest forward and kick goals

Lloyd and Taranto
V
McDonald and Merrett
Similar question to the other day but im off Oliver now
Lloyd and Taranto. Just think Lloyd is a SC God that you need

ROB vs Naitanui?
ROB

Looking at Merrett for this reason as well.
My only worry with Merrett is that McGrath went out injured and he went bang. When he played inside towards the end of the year he was pig like. But Before that he was getting there but starting a lot out on the wing. I want my mid premos around the ball all the time without worry
It’s why Neale titch Oliver are such easy picks because they’re basically permanent rovers. Guys like Bont who was moved around from the forwardline to mid basically the whole first half of last year, jelly who swaps between roving and wing and Merrett who’s the same as jelly can be frustrating as owners. Fyfe was the same last year, when they wasted him forward it was very annoying as the dockers didn’t get it to him often enough.
I’m not worried about guys like danger and trac forward this year cause they kick goals and are dominant inside types and I expect both Melbourne and geelong to be playing finals which means bigger goal tallies.

just my thinking anyway. I feel Rowell fits into that permanent Neale type midfielder too which is why he’s an enticing starting option.

Last edited:
Less popular option
Rob and Stewart

rob great early draw only need him for 8 weeks before he becomes Grundy. Wastes a trade though
Stewart love this man. Mr consistent. Constantly in the top 3-5 scorers for the cats every week without fail. High high floor

Vs
More popular option
Grundy and Williams

Williams body worries me and it’s frustrating watching he and Heeney constantly picking up niggles in games but starting as an inside mid as the 3rd wheel will free him up to pig out.
Grundy looked pox towards the end of last year compared to normal, yet somehow still was pulling 100’s. Surely gets back to a bit of freedom with weeks between games rather the 3/4 days

Last edited:
Less popular option
Rob and Stewart

rob great early draw only need him for 8 weeks before he becomes Grundy. Wastes a trade though
Stewart love this man. Mr consistent. Constantly in the top 3-5 scorers for the cats every week without fail. High high floor

Vs
More popular option
Grundy and Williams

Williams body worries me and it’s frustrating watching he and Heeney constantly picking up niggles in games but starting as an inside mid as the 3rd wheel will free him up to pig out.
Grundy looked pox towards the end of last year compared to normal, yet somehow still was pulling 100’s. Surely gets back to a bit of freedom with weeks between games rather the 3/4 days
I'm toying with no Zilliams, as you say he's an injury magnet. Does score well though.
I think after Preuss and Marshall going down you really have to have Gawndy. You will be losing points every week without them, plus they are the safest captain options. Sometimes in SC you have play defence and take the popular players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back