Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Stocker is the young mid i expecr the most from. Has all the tools and seems to have a good on field mindset. Dow has it athletically but his mindset hasn't been there and that can change.

If even just one of them step up then that makes a massive difference.

Setterfield looking stronger is a good thing. He needs to improve in this area, he's going to become our second strongest contested player. With Curnow of course.

Stocker is the young mid i expecr the most from. Has all the tools and seems to have a good on field mindset. Dow has it athletically but his mindset hasn't been there and that can change.

If even just one of them step up then that makes a massive difference.

Setterfield looking stronger is a good thing. He needs to improve in this area, he's going to become our second strongest contested player. With Curnow of course.

That I say the thing this year, we have about half a dozen young mids who could step up (Dow, O'Brien, Kemp, Stocker, Philp, Fogarty, Carroll) plus players like SPS or Williamson who could push i tom the midfield with Saad and Marchbank coming back but we only need 1 or 2 to have a breakout year to completely change the team.

Looks like a number of the young boys are in the second stage of their body transformation now.

The first stage includes filling out and adding some definition which makes you look good in photos.

The next step includes building genuine thickness through your arms, legs, glutes etc.

This will hopefully allow them to be much stronger over the footy and endure a full AFL season.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looks like a number of the young boys are in the second stage of their body transformation now.

The first stage includes filling out and adding some definition which makes you look good in photos.

The next step includes building genuine thickness through your arms, legs, glutes etc.

This will hopefully allow them to be much stronger over the footy and endure a full AFL season.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thick:
139262476_10158829996813334_1148341963879037575_o.jpg

Still a fan of Weitering as teh ultimate swing man - if Levi can do it - Weitering waltzes it in. :cool:

Weitering forward 7/10, Weitering defence 10/10

Not out of the question on team balance one day, but I don't think so on current team make up.

Marchy - Regularly injured, honestly don't know how many games he will play this year, if any
Levi - Will be covering up forward for Charlie for most (if not the whole) year
Gov - Don't know if I can trust him to take on a proper key forward, most likely spending the majority of his time as a forward
Parks - A little undersized to take on a proper key forward, unproven in the senior system
Kemp - First year after ACL, body a little underdeveloped, unproven

Personally, I don't think we're adequately covered in not only our KPD, but also KPF stocks. Taking McDonald for me, is a no brainer. I think his best is underrated.

Your view...my point was moreso that people keep saying we have lost kpd depth because we delisted BSOS Goddard and Macreadie... they weren't depth... they weren't up to it. Personally I hope we don't have to worry about replacing Jones and weiters but if we do we will send Levi back and restructure up forward as we have done previously...

Rebecca Wilson has a great article in the Australian today where Bruce talks about various players pre-seasons. Dow once again gets a mention as a player who was told the areas of the game he needs to work on and has come back clearly having worked on them.

Durdin also gets big wraps with Bruce saying he would be surprised if he doesn't play senior footy this year.

Rebecca Wilson died a few years ago.

Rebecca Wilson has a great article in the Australian today where Bruce talks about various players pre-seasons. Dow once again gets a mention as a player who was told the areas of the game he needs to work on and has come back clearly having worked on them.

Durdin also gets big wraps with Bruce saying he would be surprised if he doesn't play senior footy this year.

Rebecca Williams!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most exciting thing I have read this summer at Carlton training. After the criticism he copped last year, to see him in such great shape snd working his arse off is so pleasing to see
Is great hey, I feel the same about jsos.
To go through all that BS and front up day 1 of pre season and be near best on shows the metal he’s made of.

Not enough love for Weiters and I think it’s because he is a victim of his high standards and being a little serious/driven. The guy has developed into a monster looking at the pic earlier and does not put a foot wrong on or off the field. People talking about walsh lifting standards, Weiters has been setting the tone for a while but nobody has jumped on his bandwagon because is floor is so high. Other than when bolts played him forward you can probs count on 1 hand the amount of times he has lost his match up.

Teague certainly was gutsy, but surely Kenny Hunter is also in that conversation.

Of players I’ve seen live SOS is still the most courageous, to the point of reckless self endangerment. Honourable mentions to Dean Rice and Adrian Hickmott.

Exhibit A.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back