Trades 2021 Round 3 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in a similar boat. I'm pretty confident Green will be back this week, so I'm flipping Dow to Lazarro, Caldwell to Bont, and putting the C on Webster. I'm not fussed by keeping Webster - he should play next week, still has a BE of 42, and last week he was on track for a solid ~70 before his injury.

A bit risky, but hopefully this is the best way to maximise my trades and minimise donuts over the next two rounds.

I'm confident he plays as well and he'll probably come out and dominate. But worrying enough signs for me to jump off given I don't really have anyone else I want to get rid of at the moment. Agree to those trades for you, Bont is an interesting one but damn those Dogs all look great right now.

Yeah Webster decent PPM in the last game. I'll still look to potentially move him on to a better scoring rookie next week if I can just due to them being able to generate cash better than Webster will.

I'm in a similar boat. I'm pretty confident Green will be back this week, so I'm flipping Dow to Lazarro, Caldwell to Bont, and putting the C on Webster. I'm not fussed by keeping Webster - he should play next week, still has a BE of 42, and last week he was on track for a solid ~70 before his injury. It does mean I have to take Highmore's emergency score, but he's averaging more that Dow is anyway.

A bit risky, but hopefully this is the best way to maximise my trades and minimise donuts over the next two rounds.

Only thing worrying me about keeping Webster is it means I have Highmore coming onto the ground as EMG. And he's no certainty to play. He should with Webster out, but you never know.

I'm confident he plays as well and he'll probably come out and dominate. But worrying enough signs for me to jump off given I don't really have anyone else I want to get rid of at the moment. Agree to those trades for you, Bont is an interesting one but damn those Dogs all look great right now.

Yeah Webster decent PPM in the last game. I'll still look to potentially move him on to a better scoring rookie next week if I can just due to them being able to generate cash better than Webster will.
Yeah, unless you have a failed midpricer / expensive rookie you're looking to get rid of, it's certainly not worth it.

Ideally it'd be Macrae instead of Bont, but I'm about 20k short unfortunately. Still, love the Dogs' next four matchups, and the style they're playing at the moment is conducive to high scores among their midfielders.

I'd be really surprised if Highmore is dropped - he's been good the last two games, and there's no depth putting much pressure on him - but if he is, at least Koschitzke is playing the last game of the round, as a fallback option.

Yeah, unless you have a failed midpricer / expensive rookie you're looking to get rid of, it's certainly not worth it.

Ideally it'd be Macrae instead of Bont, but I'm about 20k short unfortunately. Still, love the Dogs' next four matchups, and the style they're playing at the moment is conducive to high scores among their midfielders.

Yep, agree. They should keep pumping 100+ scores.

As a St Kilda fan, are you confident Highmore holds his spot this week?

Yep, agree. They should keep pumping 100+ scores.

As a St Kilda fan, are you confident Highmore holds his spot this week?
We don't have much depth back there at the moment, with Webster, Paton and Geary injured. There's a chance we bring in Carlisle for some extra height, but he's been overlooked thus far and I don't think we'll need it against the Bombers. There's definitely a risk Highmore gets dropped (don't take my word for it!), but I'm tipping Crouch for Webster as the only change.

Last edited:
I have Macrae... but I also have Caldwell, Stephenson and Dow.

I was planning on trading out Caldwell and Dow for Hind and Anderson. I could basically just do the same with Stephenson and Dow, and loop Grundy through Caldwell. I was probably going to be dropping Stephenson next week anyway. Thoughts??

I guess the risk is if there are more injuries I get stuck with Caldwell. But I'm still dumping two s**t midpricers? Stephenson still could probably bring in a bit more cash so there is that loss too.

Rowe (bench) to Fantasia (replacing brockman on field)
Or
J.Clark to Z.Williams (Brockman remains F6)

Thoughts???

I know it's rookie Roulette but who do we rate out of Rowe or Brockman on field over Bergman?

Edit: Or Scott!

I know it's rookie Roulette but who do we rate out of Rowe or Brockman on field over Bergman?

Edit: Or Scott!

Personally, I would have thought Rowe. Brockman v Geelong doesn't appear a recipe for points. Scott may or may not get heavily involved. If the Dogs mids win it convincingly, depending on where Scott plays, he may not see much of it.

But it's all guess work right now.

This is a RDT consideration not AF so some different .

Taranto to Brayshaw?

near identical prices.
I chose Taranto as underpriced premium (105+) but losing confidence on that.
What can Brayshaw be? Is he a top 8 mid?

part of me feels it’d be the biggest waste of (limited) trades in a sideways and smart/safe play is probably save trade- but if TT becomes a 95 guy and AB a 105+ guy it could be an aggressive move from a 40% ownership guy to a <5%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking Caldwell > Markov (Laird to mids)
Then I just have sideways trades. Nothing else really needed. Taranto > Smith/Brayshaw?

Alternative I keep Caldwell as C for the Grundy VC points from last night. I should have 30 players if I get rid of Caldwell

I have Macrae as captain if I get rid of Caldwell.

What do I do here? First world problems but kind of stuck lol

Getting a bit silly here.

Original trades were going to be Stepho and Caldwell to Dunks and Brayshaw.

But... I can go Stepho and Drew to Ridley and B Crouch. Which allows me to keep Caldwell for the Grundy loop.

Option 1 or 2?

Then I just have sideways trades. Nothing else really needed. Taranto > Smith/Brayshaw?

Alternative I keep Caldwell as C for the Grundy VC points from last night. I should have 30 players if I get rid of Caldwell

Take the vc score

I’ve ended up going Tom Phillips to Markov and moved Fantasia forward. Phillips isn’t really doing anything in my side. Not making money and not sure he’s a must have come end of season. Markov can make some cash this week.

Then I’ll sideways Taranto to Smith or Dunks.

next week I’ll downgrade someone like Powell to Robertson and use my cash to upgrade Caldwell to a premo.

Not sure about the idea of holding Caldwell as a loophole for Grundy. That's an expensive (and injured) loophole that needs to dealt with next week. Another option should pop up as the teams are named but unfortunately we may need to wait for Hawks v Cats teams. As already mentioned Bergman may be an option. Koschitzke is another with Mitch Lewis likely to return for the Hawks. Less likely but possible that Brockman could be rested.

I'm considering holding a trade until Sunday night. If both Kozzi and Brockman are named I'd trade one of them (plenty of good non-playing cheap options for both Hawks & Cats) and use the incoming as the loop with Clark or Phillips as emergency.

Note: To do this make sure you have the E on Kozzi and Brockman.

The other risk in holding a Caldwell type etc to loophole, is that if another rookie pops up (like Robertson did last night) - then you have two people you are keen to bring in next week. Get another unlucky injury and you'll be chasing your tail for weeks to recover.

Not sure about the idea of holding Caldwell as a loophole for Grundy. That's an expensive (and injured) loophole that needs to dealt with next week. Another option should pop up as the teams are named but unfortunately we may need to wait for Hawks v Cats teams. As already mentioned Bergman may be an option. Koschitzke is another with Mitch Lewis likely to return for the Hawks. Less likely but possible that Brockman could be rested.

I'm considering holding a trade until Sunday night. If both Kozzi and Brockman are named I'd trade one of them (plenty of good non-playing cheap options for both Hawks & Cats) and use the incoming as the loop with Clark or Phillips as emergency.

Note: To do this make sure you have the E on Kozzi and Brockman.

Potentially using a trade to sideways a dropped rookie for another dead rookie with 0 cash generation sounds like team suicide for the future.

The other risk in holding a Caldwell type etc to loophole, is that if another rookie pops up (like Robertson did last night) - then you have two people you are keen to bring in next week. Get another unlucky injury and you'll be chasing your tail for weeks to recover.

I think everyone is going to be able to spin it anyway they want.

Could be holding Caldwell allows a simple trade to Robertson next week and can plan around that while still banking the VC points.
Put some fear into people, Macrae 84 last year (105 adjusted), 2019 77 against NM. Had 41 touches last week for 111 which isn't great. What if he gets stuck on bench for 10 mins because the balls stuck on the other side of the ground. The only thing guaranteed about it all is Grundy's VC score.

I do also think you can weigh up the situation throughout the week though. You could emergency a Lazzaro/Powell and have a free shot at his score, if it works out to be less points gained you'll have to trust in Merrett and trade Caldwell.

Keeping 1 of Caldwell/Heppell to loop Grundy and play Campbell as EMG (my planned trades were going to bring Campbell on field anyway).

Is Heppell definitely out this week ?

I'm tempted to move on Caldwell first, so then at least my options are a little less forced next week if Heppell returns. Otherwise I keep Caldwell but am locked into at least 1 trade next week.

Keeping 1 of Caldwell/Heppell to loop Grundy and play Campbell as EMG (my planned trades were going to bring Campbell on field anyway).

Is Heppell definitely out this week ?

I'm tempted to move on Caldwell first, so then at least my options are a little less forced next week if Heppell returns. Otherwise I keep Caldwell but am locked into at least 1 trade next week.
Heppell definitely out - been ruled by Rutten himself due to the back disc injury. No guarantee for next week, but certainly more chance than Caldwell, given he's a definitive 'not playing.'

I'd be doing the same if it was me, but planning on trading Heppell anyway, as he's 50/50 at best, at this stage based on Rutten's commentary -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back