Trades 2021 Round 5 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a good trade lined up for today but it would require flying without a parachute hoping Clark doesn't get randomly dropped for the Sunday game and giving me a donut down back (unless Kosi randomly gets recalled).

Geelong have players coming back and R5 seems like the 'carnage round' on selection so far so very reticent to pull the trigger.

Well Scott named tonight means De Goey could go for me yet. Big decision coming up in the next 90 minutes. Still really unsure what I do here.

Thank you for this. I was trading Scott to Macrae but now I'll do Meek instead as at least I know Scott is gonna play. Probably wouldn't have picked this up until tonight's game started!

My immediate thought the moment I let my mind go to next week.

Always plan my trades in 2 week blocks. Absolute stupidity having any sort of strategy in this current climate

im planning to panic every week - seems to be the best strategy !!

Got coverage across most lines to manage the carnage this week (fingers crossed). Midfield really dependent on Clark playing otherwise I'll be fielding Berry.

Can any of the geelong supporters give any insight as to whether Clark is likely to hold his spot at least for this week?

OK sorted on going Daniel -> Gawn.

The other trade is the one that I'm tossing up. I can either go Drew -> Jones or JDG/Stepho to Cox.

Obviously if I go the latter, then Drew sets on my bench for a week and I deal with him next week. The danger is that he's a med sub and loses a fair chunk of coin. Although I do get the cathartic relief of seeing JDG finally off my team, and Cox's JS is so much better than Jones'. Either Powell or Berry would be coming off the bench for Drew this week.

Quite torn on this... any thoughts from this esteemed brainstrust?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have settled on:

Drew - Parish
Clark - F. Macrae

Not thrilled about Parish but he seems a solid enough pick. We'll see. My YOLO option was trading out Markov instead of Clark and bringing in Treloar, but Clark getting dropped and me copping a donut would ruin my weekend's footy viewing.

Now I just have to watch Treloar rack up a 140 against Gold Coast whilst Clark knocks out a cruisy little 80 against a soft opponent for my viewing to be ruined instead.

Ok not the end of the world so long as Flynn is bloody back next week. Assuming no more forced trades (stupid again) and accounting for new DPP’s by Sunday night team should be

Laird Doch Ridley Atkins Fanta Jones (Kosi, Burgess)

Macrae Zerrett Steele Titch Taranto Powell Jordon Macrae Jr (Berry, Brock)

Grundy Flynn (Treacy)

Dunkley, Phillips, Hind, Gulden, Warner, Bergman (Rowe, Fullarspud)

With 180 left over to go Fanta > Lloyd with a bench downgrade

Not extremely advanced in terms of keepers but almost all spuds gone.

So comes down to -

De Goey -> F Macrae + 316k

vs

Scott -> F Macrae + 17k

Still leaning more the Scott trade but getting De Goey out would save me some headaches if he does spud it up tonight. Also frees up the cash to fix up Webster next week. Other trade will be Meek -> Jones.

If it is the Scott trade I'll have 20k in the bank to try and work some DPP magic and get Webster to a rookie elsewhere with an upgrade possibly for another rookie/Clark.

My team looks absolutely putrid with all the rooks I've got covering up holes

My priority at the moment is avoiding some donuts. Not willing to run the gaunlet on a potential 0 if I can't help it

Likely trades atm:
Kozi > Prior
Sloane > Treloar

Dow survives LOL. At least he can't lose money when he's not playing?? But then again himself or Drew could both be emergency subs and lose me money

My team looks absolutely putrid with all the rooks I've got covering up holes

My priority at the moment is avoiding some donuts. Not willing to run the gaunlet on a potential 0 if I can't help it

Likely trades atm:
Kozi > Prior
Sloane > Treloar

Dow survives LOL. At least he can't lose money when he's not playing?? But then again himself or Drew could both be emergency subs and lose me money

That sounds like a very Dow thing to do.... He suckered everyone in pre-season, now he's going to come on in the last quarter and score -2.....

At the very least atleast my trades were forced. So when they fail I feel I can put the blame on Ken for dropping Drew.

Bloody Ken. Knew I hated that guy. not a lad. Not a good guy. Not transparent at all with teams.

Last edited:
So comes down to -

De Goey -> F Macrae + 316k

vs

Scott -> F Macrae + 17k

Still leaning more the Scott trade but getting De Goey out would save me some headaches if he does spud it up tonight. Also frees up the cash to fix up Webster next week. Other trade will be Meek -> Jones.

If it is the Scott trade I'll have 20k in the bank to try and work some DPP magic and get Webster to a rookie elsewhere with an upgrade possibly for another rookie/Clark.

Can't believe I'm saying this but, I'm backing in De Goey for a big one tonight. It's probably Stockholm Syndrome but I reckon he goes big tonight. Cue him scoring a 50.

Just think Scott isn't going to make much more cash and Macrae looks the goods.

Just letting everyone know that Flynn is an emergency. So it is possible he is a late-in one hour before the game starts. It is just something Leon Cameron would do.

Can't believe I'm saying this but, I'm backing in De Goey for a big one tonight. It's probably Stockholm Syndrome but I reckon he goes big tonight. Cue him scoring a 50.

Just think Scott isn't going to make much more cash and Macrae looks the goods.

Our midfield is quite undermanned at the moment so de Goey could score alright if he's played on ball tonight. I don't own him but I reckon you could hold him for this week if you have dropped/injured/Dow players elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back