List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange thing is I never really liked Smith til about 18 months ago, but the amount of our supporters who would make him the scapegoat on anything that went wrong in defense was pretty unfair imo. He has brainfarts absolutely, but you can never doubt if he's having crack....out of pity came my love for him.

Plus he really isn't that bad as everyone imagines either. Like Stedy said, just give him a role he can do it, if you're relying on him for pinpoint passing and high iq decision making you're not understanding why he's in the team to begin with. The Giants game in the second last round last year demonstrated how valuable he can be, locked down both Cameron and Greene when he went to them at different times in the game. His flexibility to play on different opponents is something a lot of people don't give enough respect to.Its pretty uncommon.
He played really well on Tom Papley last year in that crap game. Frustrating he had an interrupted preseason, was expecting a break out.

He played really well on Tom Papley last year in that crap game. Frustrating he had an interrupted preseason, was expecting a break out.

Unfortunately Joel always seems to be injured , will probably be the death of his career if it persists much longer sadly.

God damn this is a really ******* annoying article. As much as I like Jackson I would definitely trade him for Butters. Similarly content with pick 6 for May obviously but it’s frustrating that we had to give up so much for him and couldn’t somehow turn the 6 and 23 we got for Hogan plus pick 28 (before academy etc picks) into both May and Butters (pick 10 before academies) instead of May, Sparrow and Jordon, and then the Tigers got Lynch as a free agent. That 2018 draft is just ridiculous. More than a few incredibly damaging forward half players taken outside the top 10 like Butters, Clark, Duursma, Hill and Rowbottom but before the second rounders we used on Sparrow and Jordon who would go pretty well on our list.

Ironically if Port had known we were going to finish bottom 2 and give them pick 3 they would probably have done the deal lol. 2019 would have felt like even more of a disaster at the time if we’d traded our first rounder out but we’d be pretty pleased with the move by now.

God damn this is a really ******* annoying article. As much as I like Jackson I would definitely trade him for Butters. Similarly content with pick 6 for May obviously but it’s frustrating that we had to give up so much for him and couldn’t somehow turn the 6 and 23 we got for Hogan plus pick 28 (before academy etc picks) into both May and Butters (pick 10 before academies) instead of May, Sparrow and Jordon, and then the Tigers got Lynch as a free agent. That 2018 draft is just ridiculous. More than a few incredibly damaging forward half players taken outside the top 10 like Butters, Clark, Duursma, Hill and Rowbottom but before the second rounders we used on Sparrow and Jordon who would go pretty well on our list.
I wouldn't worry about it, every chance if we get Butters we don't as aggressively chase Pickett and we miss him.

I wouldn't worry about it, every chance if we get Butters we don't as aggressively chase Pickett and we miss him.
Maybe. Imagine a forward line with Butters, Kossie and Spargo rotating through it though, the footy IQ, creativity, delivery and tackling pressure would be through the roof. I said at the start of last year that he’s going to be the best player in the comp if he manages to add some size. Might get there anyway even if he’s stuck with the physique of a baby giraffe, the way he’s going.

Hopefully Bowey and Laurie turn out to be as good somehow.

Maybe. Imagine a forward line with Butters, Kossie and Spargo rotating through it though, the footy IQ, creativity, delivery and tackling pressure would be through the roof. I said at the start of last year that he’s going to be the best player in the comp if he manages to add some size. Might get there anyway even if he’s stuck with the physique of a baby giraffe, the way he’s going.

Hopefully Bowey and Laurie turn out to be as good somehow.
I don't think Butters will ever get to Bonts level

I wouldn't put a ceiling on what Butters could become. He's special. Bit of early Fyfe about him.
It's not as much about him though, more that Bont is the size of a ruckman, clean as a whistle through traffic, one of the best kicks in the game and goes forward and kicks goals like a FF. I honestly think very soon Bonts gonna have a Leigh Matthews style season soon. I just don't see Butters having the physical attributes. He could easily become a superstar but Bont is special

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like Kossie, Spargo and Daniel all weigh less than Butters, but look better proportioned. Butters genuinely looks like he’s going to trip over his own legs constantly, and very often does. Not that he’s super tall, but like an acceptable midfielder height. Taller than Viney/Rowell/GAJ/Sam Mitchell etc

Like Kossie, Spargo and Daniel all weigh less than Butters, but look better proportioned. Butters genuinely looks like he’s going to trip over his own legs constantly, and very often does.
Always amazes me how blokes that light can play AFL. I mean, I weigh just over 70kgs and I’m not tall. I guess your athletes are made up of lean muscle while I am pretty much built from squishy stuff, knees and those wobbly bits under upper arms

Budwah, Blakey, Sicily, Hipwood, Duursma, Bont, Allen
Yeah Blakey and Hipwood definitely came to mind. The others have always been decently stocky IMO. More beanpole than runt. Blakey another phenomenal talent, him and Butters my top two from that draft.

Yeah Blakey and Hipwood definitely came to mind. The others have always been decently stocky IMO. More beanpole than runt. Blakey another phenomenal talent, him and Butters my top two from that draft.
Dustin Fletcher, Matthew Lappin, Cale Morton type of setup you mean? Not recent, but those guys stick in the memory

Dustin Fletcher, Matthew Lappin, Cale Morton type of setup you mean? Not recent, but those guys stick in the memory
Honestly I’ve always just assumed that Dustin Fletcher was born as a 40 year old man

Always amazes me how blokes that light can play AFL. I mean, I weigh just over 70kgs and I’m not tall. I guess your athletes are made up of lean muscle while I am pretty much built from squishy stuff, knees and those wobbly bits under upper arms
Kinda helps these days you can't bump, tackle hard, fight, chop arms or about a dozen other things that would prevent skinny kids playing. 18 year olds can roll in like superstars these days

I'm not sure Bud was a beast when he first walked in.

Screenshot_20210409-202609.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back