List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha. Power. Yeh it's just like being a fighter pilot, except for being a lot uglier and not getting paid.
You get to punt fools though, do tell you don’t like that

Thought this was interesting & a nice precedent in regards to a pick upgrade in the pointy end.

Noble as BL GM of Football did the following trade in 2016:
BL Got: Pick 3, Pick 16
GWS Got: Pick 2, Pick 31, Pick 51 & Pick 60

Basically for a 1 spot upgrade, you're talking about an upgrade of later picks for an additional first rounder.

Let alone a 3 (5 after F/S) spot upgrade.

Thought this was interesting & a nice precedent in regards to a pick upgrade in the pointy end.

Noble as BL GM of Football did the following trade in 2016:
BL Got: Pick 3, Pick 16
GWS Got: Pick 2, Pick 31, Pick 51 & Pick 60

Basically for a 1 spot upgrade, you're talking about an upgrade of later picks for an additional first rounder.

Let alone a 3 (5 after F/S) spot upgrade.
And the other thing to factor is at the time there wasn’t even that big a gap if any between Taranto and mccluggage yet they still got a lot for moving down 1 spot

meanwhile there’s a huge gap between JHF, Callaghan and the rest of the field

we should be expecting that x2 at least

all in all won’t happen

only gws could tempt us to trade down so that we at least get Callaghan

And the other thing to factor is at the time there wasn’t even that big a gap if any between Taranto and mccluggage yet they still got a lot for moving down 1 spot

meanwhile there’s a huge gap between JHF, Callaghan and the rest of the field

we should be expecting that x2 at least

all in all won’t happen

only gws could tempt us to trade down so that we at least get Callaghan

Good call out TZ. Much like this year, there was a tier of 3 players (McGrath, Taranto & Glugg) which dropped away.

If we did the deal with Adelaide, it would be the equivalent of Essendon doing a deal with Carlton in 2016.

1631502994640.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are posters on here born after we started posting..

If you'd asked me when I started how long I'd waste on here I'd have thought time would be up after an arbitrary 3 or 4 years.

(in terms of quality, obviously I peaked inside 3 or 4 posts)

That it has ticked into 20 years... all the things I could've done instead with all those wasted hours:

Learned a language
Learned a musical instrument
Earned a qualification, degree, multiple dan black belt or certificate
Volunteered for a charity
Exercised
Meditated
Worked an extra job

Instead I used all that time to debate how some blokes I don't know should conduct themselves during a weekly playtime session on a patch of grass.

All overrated pursuits.

He doesn't have a contract at the moment so he should be careful.
Absolutely, I’m just commenting on what’s being said, sure to take a pinch of salt

I like Weidemen if we don't break the bank. I think 12 months up forward and a switch to defence could be the strategy. At the very least I would train him in both groups over the pre-season. He seems to move ok, good height and agility, allows Comben to develop without the pressure. Seems to be a good CHB option with the way he moves and that is the position we need covered with McKay/Corr being the more full back style players.

A touch of the Peter Manns about him?

I don't think he's what they need. He's slow, and they got torched on the outside and on the spread.

They had Powell Pepper and elected not to start him, and I'd take him over Dumont.
Powell-Pepper is terrible. People only think he's good because he was a great supercoach cash cow in his first year and they stop paying attention once they've culled him.

Powell-Pepper is terrible. People only think he's good because he was a great supercoach cash cow in his first year and they stop paying attention once they've culled him.
Yeah I’d sooner dumont over SPP even if SPP was an ex east Perth player

Good call out TZ. Much like this year, there was a tier of 3 players (McGrath, Taranto & Glugg) which dropped away.

If we did the deal with Adelaide, it would be the equivalent of Essendon doing a deal with Carlton in 2016.

View attachment 1234726
SPS - worth a look?

(Seriously - I thought he showed a bit early days but haven't seen much of Carlton games in the last year or 3. I also thought he was about 26 and too old to be of interest, but he's actually only 23.)

SPS - worth a look?

(Seriously - I thought he showed a bit early days but haven't seen much of Carlton games in the last year or 3. I also thought he was about 26 and too old to be of interest, but he's actually only 23.)
What would you offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back