List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone post the story here for us peasants?
Richmond young gun Callum Coleman-Jones wants to get to North Melbourne, but the disappointed Tigers aren’t going to make it easy. Latest trade chatter.

Jon Ralph, Glenn McFarlane and Jay Clark

4 min read
September 21, 2021 - 2:00PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/.../e50d0db5942ae686041a1bdca4664b72#share-tools

Richmond will play hard ball on a trade for Callum Coleman-Jones, with rival list managers believing the Roos will have to give over pick 20 as the centrepiece of the trade.

The Roos are adamant they will keep that pick and hand over a later selection given Coleman-Jones played only nine games in four years at Richmond.

Richmond were genuinely filthy that former No.20 pick Coleman-Jones decided to move, although Damien Hardwick’s Fox Footy demand for pick one was very much tongue in cheek.

“CJ, for us he’s a required player. He has requested a trade to the Kangaroos which is disappointing but we look forward to receiving pick one coming back our way,” he joked.

North Melbourne could secure “CCJ” in the pre-season draft but players don’t want to use that avenue because it leaves their former club without fair compensation.

Jack Martin and Jackson Hately only used that avenue in recent years after trades fell through at the last minute.

The other bit of leverage the Roos have is departing free agent Robbie Tarrant.

The Tigers would normally trade for North Melbourne defender Tarrant with a late throwaway pick so it didn’t dilute their incoming free agency compensation for Mabior Chol.
That pick might only be a third-rounder but it could help the Tigers move up in the draft order.

The Roos would have to be prepared to do a trade on Tarrant instead of letting him go so it will be up to the Tigers to play nice on a trade.

Richmond young gun Callum Coleman-Jones wants to get to North Melbourne, but the disappointed Tigers aren’t going to make it easy. Latest trade chatter.

4 min read
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/.../e50d0db5942ae686041a1bdca4664b72#share-tools

Richmond will play hard ball on a trade for Callum Coleman-Jones, with rival list managers believing the Roos will have to give over pick 20 as the centrepiece of the trade.

The Roos are adamant they will keep that pick and hand over a later selection given Coleman-Jones played only nine games in four years at Richmond.

Richmond were genuinely filthy that former No.20 pick Coleman-Jones decided to move, although Damien Hardwick’s Fox Footy demand for pick one was very much tongue in cheek.

“CJ, for us he’s a required player. He has requested a trade to the Kangaroos which is disappointing but we look forward to receiving pick one coming back our way,” he joked.

North Melbourne could secure “CCJ” in the pre-season draft but players don’t want to use that avenue because it leaves their former club without fair compensation.

Jack Martin and Jackson Hately only used that avenue in recent years after trades fell through at the last minute.

The Tigers would normally trade for North Melbourne defender Tarrant with a late throwaway pick so it didn’t dilute their incoming free agency compensation for Mabior Chol.
That pick might only be a third-rounder but it could help the Tigers move up in the draft order.

The Roos would have to be prepared to do a trade on Tarrant instead of letting him go so it will be up to the Tigers to play nice on a trade.

I must be missing something here, Richmond make it hard.
CCJ in uncontracted and we have 1st pick in the pre season draft.
I’m sure Brady and the boys will be reasonable to keep goodwill but we ain’t getting bent over

4 min read

Says Richmond will play hard ball.

Then proceeds to say why Richmond will play nice.

Interesting article...

Also no mention of what, if any compo we would lose if we traded Taz. Depending on the contract, it may be a third rounder? Either way, a very heavily slanted Richmond article...I think the tiggers are in for a shock

I don't reckon we get a compo pick out of Taz as they base it off age and wage. Age (32) being the killer
I.Smith netted the Hawks a 3rd round pick for a two year contract and aged 31.

That would be pick 39 for us if that was the case.

4 min read

The 12th-placed club playing hardball over their third-string ruckman would normally be laughed at.

But here we have three senior journalists taking it seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love us to strongly consider Sam Weideman as a key defender. He's a very good chance to excel in that role, and highly talented talls like him aren't available on the cheap too often. Actually reminds me a lot of young Taz, as a big lad who gets his hands to a lot of pack marks but struggles to hold them as a forward. He's a confidence player down on confidence, but his best is very good.

I don't reckon we get a compo pick out of Taz as they base it off age and wage. Age (32) being the killer
This will be interesting…
If we don’t qualify for a compo pick for Tarrant, then does that mean it also won’t effect their Chol compo?
This will determine who holds the whip hand in CCJ negotiations, although of course we always have PSD to tilt in our favour.
It will be like a game of poker getting these deals done.

Not a good comparison.

Smith was a year younger than Tazz and got a 3 year deal.
I just looked it up… it was 2 years. Not sure of the money though.
Hopefully we get something, just so that it dilutes Richmond’s compo for Chol & forces them to trade.
Interestingly enough, the article I looked up said GoDees offered Smith 3 years, but he chose to chase a premiership…

Last edited:
This will be interesting…
If we don’t qualify for a compo pick for Tarrant, then does that mean it also won’t effect their Chol compo?
This will determine who holds the whip hand in CCJ negotiations, although of course we always have PSD to tilt in our favour.
It will be like a game of poker getting these deals done.
* em, we got shafted big time on Brown last year. Mind you we played that all wrong by basically throwing him out - strange negotiation tactic.
All those sprinkling Rawlings tactical nous, I’m hoping to hell Its better than what I saw last year.

We have pick 1 in the PSD there is no way we hand over pick 20.

Very disappointing if it's a straight 2 years without significant triggers. Looks like we caved and Brady's reputation was that he would never do that so it would be more likely that he has been overruled here.

If we are going to go anywhere with this rebuild we have to start playing some kids down back - give them a chance to blend as a team within a team.

With BMac, Hall, Corr and LMac as the key 4 main defenders they don't need another veteran playing out his days back there.
Who overruled him.

fu** em, we got shafted big time on Brown last year. Mind you we played that all wrong by basically throwing him out - strange negotiation tactic.
All those sprinkling Rawlings tactical nous, I’m hoping to hell Its better than what I saw last year.

We have pick 1 in the PSD there is no way we hand over pick 20.
No way we give up pick 20!
He was a pick 20 & has not gained in value in that time.
If Tarrant dilutes their Chol compo, they will surely want to trade, which definitely gives us all the power when you add in PSD.
I’d like us to offer Tarrant & next years 3rd…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back