Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgive me if im wrong as I don’t know too much about acl’s, but am I right in saying acls don’t ever actually heal. So even partial tear will always be there if no surgery. Therefore his rehab will be just be trying to build up his muscles around his knee before he plays again?
No im pretty sure partial tears heal, a rupture won’t, although I’ve heard of a few cases of an acl re attaching but it’s like a one in a million chance

This was before lewis' injury news.
Now, throw him to FF and let him sink or swim

That’s a really bad idea and not remotely comparable to Buddy in 2013 being used as a decoy to allow Rough and Gunston to feast on poorer defenders.

No im pretty sure partial tears heal, a rupture won’t, although I’ve heard of a few cases of an acl re attaching but it’s like a one in a million chance
Full ruptures can heal, there is a relatively new treatment program involving locking the knee in a brace - locked at 90 degrees for 4 weeks, then a further 8 weeks with increasing range of motion. It’s called the Cross Bracing Protocol (after the surname of the doctors who have developed it - father an orthopaedic surgeon and son a sports physician). They have had good results with shorter return to play than full reconstruction

Full ruptures can heal, there is a relatively new treatment program involving locking the knee in a brace - locked at 90 degrees for 4 weeks, then a further 8 weeks with increasing range of motion. It’s called the Cross Bracing Protocol (after the surname of the doctors who have developed it - father an orthopaedic surgeon and son a sports physician). They have had good results with shorter return to play than full reconstruction
I've heard about this, and it's extremely interesting given the studies I've seen over the past few years about how ineffective a lot orthopaedic surgical interventions are compared to placebo. Can't wait to see more about it.

I repeat Jeka will not play forward.
Are you prepared to give yourself a 2 Sabbatical on big footy if wrong. You post with such authority (I like your posts) as if you're hearing this from one of the coaches. By the way, I agree but not with the same conviction. 👍

Are you prepared to give yourself a 2 Sabbatical on big footy if wrong. You post with such authority (I like your posts) as if you're hearing this from one of the coaches. By the way, I agree but not with the same conviction. 👍
TheFourPillars goes to training sessions and has conversations with club staff, if anyone is allowed conviction with their opinions, it's he.

Damn, this came out 6 years too late for me haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheFourPillars goes to training sessions and has conversations with club staff, if anyone is allowed conviction with their opinions, it's he.
I'm well aware. I like his posts.And I'm fully aware of his and others' training reports. And I agreed. Are you his legal guardian and is Four Pillars crying in the bedroom. Sheeesh... Just chill out. Oh since you're so positive why don't you take up the offer Mojo. 🤔

I'm well aware. I like his posts.And I'm fully aware of his and others' training reports. And I agreed. Are you his legal guardian and is Four Pillars crying in the bedroom. Sheeesh... Just chill out. Oh since you're so positive why don't you take up the offer Mojo. 🤔
He's a sensitive soul our Four Pillars.

I'm actually not very positive on Jeka, TBH, but I haven't written him off.

Dale Morris tried this and lasted half a game of football before it went again.

I'd be stunned if an AFL player ever considered it after that.

I was at training this morning. Lewis watching on the side lines with a knee support on. Jeka training as a defender the entire session.

Sicily will be the solution for Lewis replacement as we got better kicking midfielders
You mean have him double teamed and smashed to pieces by opposition thugs defenders? We need a monster in that role. I sure as hell don't want to see our best player subjected to that ....

I repeat Jeka will not play forward.
It’s unlikely, but you can’t completely rule it out unless Sam has even after he got the Lewis news.

There’s now an opportunity to try something a little different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back