Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

Was there some festival yesterday I’m unaware of? Saints day? Pirate day?
Dunno but a heap of people from my office have taken this week to take advantage of the double long weekends and school holidays. Maybe others are too.

Yeah righto makes sense. I'd be filthy if I was Bevo like find out who it is and you're done at this club.
Im waiting for Bevo to let slip half a dozen massive scandals- a different one to each suspect.

I think Bevo is a muppet, but snitches get stitches.

Im waiting for Bevo to let slip half a dozen massive scandals- a different one to each suspect.

He'd want to have a pretty short list of suspects. Paranoia and suspision will break trust and destroy relationships.

Maybe he already has? So the leak is Lachie Hunter

I've been thinking about going to the Cat Cafe in Guildford Ln in the CBD. Wished they'd expand it to the outer suburbs. My favourite breeds of cats are the Maine Coon Cats, Ragdolls, Tabbies, Torties and Torbies.
I'm a cat ahead of dog man. Don't know breeds or species, but I like our feline friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a cat ahead of dog man. Don't know breeds or species, but I like our feline friends.
Maine Coons are much larger than your classical domestic cat
Ragdolls are called that because usually they go limp when you pick them up hence like a doll
Tabbies are those cats with the M on their forehead.

I will say that I also like some dog breeds:
German Shepherds/Alsatian
Huskies
Samoyeds
Malamutes
Golden Retrievers
Labradors
Border Collies
Blue/Red Healers
Rough Collies
Akitas Both Japanese and American
Kangals
Dalmatians
Dobermans
Rotties

I think that cats and dogs can live in harmony. I used to train at a blokes place and he had a Cav and an orange tab and they lived quite harmoniously

Ragdolls are called that because usually they go limp when you pick them up hence like a doll

Huskies
Samoyeds
Malamutes
Golden Retrievers
Labradors
Border Collies
Blue/Red Healers
Rough Collies
Kangals
Dalmatians
Dobermans
Rotties

I think that cats and dogs can live in harmony. I used to train at a blokes place and he had a Cav and an orange tab and they lived quite harmoniously
What, you haven't heard of English/Welsh Springer Spaniels, or Groodles c'mon mate!

I cannot fathom sharing space with a cat.

I have a visceral disgust at them. Any government floats a policy of culling them like the vermin they are has my yes.

Also... hiw the * is it ok to have a cat wandering around the place without the owner? The little bastards kill birds and wildlife and annoy the neighbours!

What, you haven't heard of English/Welsh Springer Spaniels, or Groodles c'mon mate!

Those I like. I guess I forgot.

I like standard poodles, not so much miniature or toy varieties. Not because of the breed itself but more so what people do to them a la carry them in a purse or a satchel as though they were an accessory and not a loving companion

I cannot fathom sharing space with a cat.

I have a visceral disgust at them. Any government floats a policy of culling them like the vermin they are has my yes.

Also... hiw the fu** is it ok to have a cat wandering around the place without the owner? The little bastards kill birds and wildlife and annoy the neighbours!

I agree on most points re: wildlife conservation and that cats are not native to Australia, though I haven't seen a roo curl up on a persons lap and make them feel better. Last year, in August when I was at my lowest point emotionally, fortuitously and by sheer coincidence, a cat wondered into my backyard and made me feel a lot better and calmer. Before then, I myself, was rather afraid of cats.

I do agree that there needs to be more done like TNR and stuff, but there needs to be a better way.

Huskies
Samoyeds
Malamutes
Golden Retrievers
Labradors
Border Collies
Blue/Red Healers
Rough Collies
Kangals
Dalmatians
Dobermans
Rotties

My inlaws have a Maine coon

It's ******* huge

I cooked lentil soup last night. Or probably more accurately sweet potato/lentil soup. (Other ingredients carrot/leek/onion/zucchini/tomato paste/garlic/spices etc.) No real recipe, but very nice. Serve with yoghurt & turkish bread.

Hmm, might have some for lunch.

My inlaws have a Maine coon

It's ******* huge
I’m a huge fan. I love that Maine Coon residing in Melbourne somewhere called Omar. One of the biggest, and believed to be the longest, domestic cats in the world today. Omar is awesome

5DB8EFCD-A65B-48FE-8B70-376017E6587A.png 598E8877-2BE8-49D9-AEC8-6832535700D7.jpeg

Those I like. I guess I forgot.

I like standard poodles, not so much miniature or toy varieties. Not because of the breed itself but more so what people do to them a la carry them in a purse or a satchel as though they were an accessory and not a loving companion

I agree on most points re: wildlife conservation and that cats are not native to Australia, though I haven't seen a roo curl up on a persons lap and make them feel better. Last year, in August when I was at my lowest point emotionally, fortuitously and by sheer coincidence, a cat wondered into my backyard and made me feel a lot better and calmer. Before then, I myself, was rather afraid of cats.

I do agree that there needs to be more done like TNR and stuff, but there needs to be a better way.
I like cats heaps but do think owners should take some responsibility to avoid them impacting native animals and environment. I’ve got bengal cats which are a hybrid bred from a wild Asian cat, and are meant to be very efficient hunters. Though Ron Barassi is thick as a plank so I’m not so sure he got the gene.

I don’t like to keep cats fully indoors - I think they enjoy air and watching the world and swatting at flies etc. So I went a compromise and got a guy to build them a cat enclosure to climb in. It’s kind of a cage with cat door access from the house and a tunnel from one area to another, but I don’t call it a cage in front of them. I’ll refer to it as a ‘cat palace’ or something.

E536B454-C5A6-40F2-A07B-967B14428134.jpeg

52BB1DD7-1082-45F7-846E-241B9D93DD3B.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back