Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

I took my laptop to a repairer. It wouldn't power up.

They told me a week later that the hole to insert the charger was damaged. They said that they could repair it, but it would cost heaps.

However there is apparently a second hole that I could use. So, there it is ... I'm using that and haven't bother with any repairs. It cost $50 (plus GST) to find that out.

So, what's the moral of the story? I'm sure the Carry On gang could think of something.

1713869590825.png

Attachments

• 1713869554179.png
    1713869554179.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 2

They told me a week later that the hole to insert the charger was damaged. They said that they could repair it, but it would cost heaps.

However there is apparently a second hole that I could use. So, there it is ... I'm using that and haven't bother with any repairs. It cost $50 (plus GST) to find that out.

So, what's the moral of the story? I'm sure the Carry On gang could think of something.

View attachment 1968563
It means “man with tin leg in thunderstorm better off than man with death watch beetle in wooden leg”

I’ve got this massive flock of lorikeets virtually living in my yard and eating pomegranates. They are very, very loud
Probably time to move another two houses down the street.

This happened to me.

I bought about $80 worth of fruit/vegies/sundry items from my local fruiterer. Whose name shall remain nameless ... clue ... it rhymes with Biviano.

As my order was being processed/packed, the young woman asked if I'd like a bag. I had a coupla bags so said no thanks. I always say please and thanks because I have good manners.

I paid, but was struggling to fit the few last items in my bags. So I said to the young woman "actually could I please have a bag?" (or words to that effect). She gave me a bag. She also 'rang up' a further tax invoice for 15 cents. Which I paid on my credit card.

#truefact

Another example of truth being stranger than fiction.

This happened to me.

I bought about $80 worth of fruit/vegies/sundry items from my local fruiterer. Whose name shall remain nameless ... clue ... it rhymes with Biviano.

As my order was being processed/packed, the young woman asked if I'd like a bag. I had a coupla bags so said no thanks. I always say please and thanks because I have good manners.

I paid, but was struggling to fit the few last items in my bags. So I said to the young woman "actually could I please have a bag?" (or words to that effect). She gave me a bag. She also 'rang up' a further tax invoice for 15 cents. Which I paid on my credit card.

#truefact

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/8HdYVcdFEYA6Y" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Attachments

• 1714440401720.png
    1714440401720.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 1
This happened to me.

#truefact

Did you want the checkout lady to pay for it for you?

This happened to me.

#truefact

Tell me you’re entitled without telling me you’re entitled.

This happened to me.

#truefact

How big were these items? Could you have just pocketed them?

Don’t worry. Virgin will fleece you more than 15 cents for excess baggage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This happened to me.

#truefact

In case anyone missed the point, I had already paid for the items on my credit card prior to the bag request.

The bag charge (15 cents) required a separate credit card payment.

I'm happy to provide further clarification to posters if required.

In case anyone missed the point, I had already paid for the items on my credit card prior to the bag request.

No, no, we all understand and share your forced double-transaction frustrations

I am still shaking my head.

View attachment 1968563
This intrigues me. Did you have a usb port that could be used for charging on top of your laptops regular power port?

so because you had already paid for your goods and then decided you wanted a bag (that costs money) you are frustrated that you weren't given the item for free?

Is that the issue

so because you had already paid for your goods and then decided you wanted a bag (that costs money) you are frustrated that you weren't given the item for free?

Is that the issue

Is that a question? (No question mark.)

I'm more bemused than anything. Obviously I don't care less about 15 cents.

Now, I really must get back to checking my multi million dollar share portfolio.

Have a nice day.

Is that a question? (No question mark.)

I'm more bemused than anything. Obviously I don't care less about 15 cents.

Now, I really must get back to checking my multi million dollar share portfolio.

Have a nice day.
If you don't care less, then why did you feel the need to rant on an online form?

Bemusing flex/fairytale in your third line too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back