Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

I realised today that I never had a doll growing up. Never asked for one. I don’t think I even asked for a pony.

I did have a snoopy and I wish I hadn’t remembered this because I don’t know where he is and now I’m all distressed.

I realised today that I never had a doll growing up. Never asked for one. I don’t think I even asked for a pony.

I did have a snoopy and I wish I hadn’t remembered this because I don’t know where he is and now I’m all distressed.
Why doll, when you can paper mario?

Why doll, when you can paper mario?
True, but you can’t really tuck up your paper Mario in bed when it’s cold.

I remember getting really distressed when Mum would make the bed and put Snoopy on the shelf. It was in Canberra and he’s going to get really cold there. And after I made a fuss, she made up the bed with snoopy under the covers, but I would go in and move him so his head was on the pillow so he could breathe more freely

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Just finished chilling my Cafe de Paris butter. Now to cook a steak in the next few days to give it a try as it is a variation on previous ones I’ve made.

IMG_1102.jpeg

It does a bit but I can assure you it's a compound butter.

Have you tried it on a steak before?
It's probably been on a steak I've ordered at a pub before. Tbh I've never been a massive steak person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So not in this lifetime I guess.

Btw, do you like cafe de Paris butter?
I think I probably would? I’m not sure what exactly is in it but I have had steak with butter mixed with garlic, eshallots and herbs etc then melted over a steak that was delicious

I think I probably would? I’m not sure what exactly is in it but I have had steak with butter mixed with garlic, eshallots and herbs etc then melted over a steak that was delicious
Very similar. Has a few spices (paprika, Pepper, curry powder) and some Worcestershire sauce and anchovies or capers (or both) for salt and umami. Lemon juice

Play my 100th club game on the weekend. In a reflective mood to anyone who cares to read my history

Came to the game late in 2017, first couple of sessions i thought footy wasn't going to be for me. I remember having a big load of anxiety trying to train with all the new faces and demands, i think i ended up talking through it here with PG and a couple others. Really close to quitting after the first couple of sessions, but here we are. Ended up getting better and although still feeling like an outsider i forced myself to go to the grand final that year when we made it

Made finals in the ressies the year after. Don't remember a lot of that year or that elim final but i remember the team got a pre-recorded good luck from Oliver over the phone (ressies coach taught him in juniors). 2019 had a break out year, debuted and played one senior game kicking a goal on debut. Everyone ran over, which backline players don't often do at local level, drenched after the game

2020 came back in bad shape after being depressed and skipping most of preseason, was well off in a praccy game then the season got cancelled. 2021 Came back better was plagued by hamstrings and calf injuries. Made finals but got dropped, they then cancelled the finals series anyway lol

2022 I played every game and both grades made the grand final. Dropped on finals though and had to watch everyone win their medals. I did get a medal for being an emergency. But never really felt a part of it

2023 Some probs recall my posts from last year. But new coach, everything fell apart and then we got bailed out by a bunch or irish coming down and giving it a go in the ressies. Made it all the way to the grand final and got to take the field this time. Didn't win, but made amazing life long friends and will probably never experience playing with a group that's 80% Irish again, absolute comradery

Now here we are in 24. Can't field a ressies this year so played every senior game up till now, we're struggling and sitting last. But here i am now running out for my 100th game. As someone who never did aus kick and came to the game late despite watching it for years, struggled early days to feel accepted or part of the team, didn't think i'd ever get here (would have gotten here faster if not for covid tho). But here i am. You don't realise how much time has slipped you by until these numbers come up, but i'm glad i got to 100

Play my 100th club game on the weekend. In a reflective mood to anyone who cares to read my history

Came to the game late in 2017, first couple of sessions i thought footy wasn't going to be for me. I remember having a big load of anxiety trying to train with all the new faces and demands, i think i ended up talking through it here with PG and a couple others. Really close to quitting after the first couple of sessions, but here we are. Ended up getting better and although still feeling like an outsider i forced myself to go to the grand final that year when we made it

Made finals in the ressies the year after. Don't remember a lot of that year or that elim final but i remember the team got a pre-recorded good luck from Oliver over the phone (ressies coach taught him in juniors). 2019 had a break out year, debuted and played one senior game kicking a goal on debut. Everyone ran over, which backline players don't often do at local level, drenched after the game

2020 came back in bad shape after being depressed and skipping most of preseason, was well off in a praccy game then the season got cancelled. 2021 Came back better was plagued by hamstrings and calf injuries. Made finals but got dropped, they then cancelled the finals series anyway lol

2022 I played every game and both grades made the grand final. Dropped on finals though and had to watch everyone win their medals. I did get a medal for being an emergency. But never really felt a part of it

2023 Some probs recall my posts from last year. But new coach, everything fell apart and then we got bailed out by a bunch or irish coming down and giving it a go in the ressies. Made it all the way to the grand final and got to take the field this time. Didn't win, but made amazing life long friends and will probably never experience playing with a group that's 80% Irish again, absolute comradery

Now here we are in 24. Can't field a ressies this year so played every senior game up till now, we're struggling and sitting last. But here i am now running out for my 100th game. As someone who never did aus kick and came to the game late despite watching it for years, struggled early days to feel accepted or part of the team, didn't think i'd ever get here (would have gotten here faster if not for covid tho). But here i am. You don't realise how much time has slipped you by until these numbers come up, but i'm glad i got to 100
Congrats, PF - that's a really big thing. Thanks for sharing it with us. Good luck for game 100! 🥳

Congratulations PF. Footy clubs can be intimidating places if you didn’t come from a footy family. I played heaps of sports/athletics as a young un but never actually played club footy until U18s. I did ok because I was fitter than most of the other guys, but I honestly didn’t really understand the rules and the most basic training drills that everyone takes for granted. Good on ya for persevering and keep on punching, as they say.

Just finished chilling my Cafe de Paris butter. Now to cook a steak in the next few days to give it a try as it is a variation on previous ones I’ve made.

View attachment 1996808
Looks good. What kind of steak are you thinking of unleashing that on? Maybe an unpopular opinion but I’d be inclined to pairing that with a nice, big fat rump steak cooked over coals.

Looks good. What kind of steak are you thinking of unleashing that on? Maybe an unpopular opinion but I’d be inclined to pairing that with a nice, big fat rump steak cooked over coals.
Coals yes, scotch or rib eye is my go to. Then it’s T-bone and porterhouse for me.

Coals yes, scotch or rib eye is my go to. Then it’s T-bone and porterhouse for me.
Porterhouse over eye fillet?

Porterhouse over eye fillet?

Yeah, I like some fat on my steak. By some I mean the more the better. If I get served eye fillet I do really enjoy it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back