Review 2022 AFL Draft - Pre-season and Rookie drafts @ 3pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I was just commenting on our club board. That the rookie drafts gets more boring each year. It has become a Recycled Player or Pass Draft.

Don't know why clubs bother resigning someone that they have cut, or who has been cut by another team. Very rarely does a recycled player bounce back into a best 22 regular, they were cut for a reason. I would personally prefer to take a shot at and put effort into a kid with upside.

Actually, it is more of a salary / list spot dump these days. Clubs use it for tactical reasons.
The eagles cut winder and trew and then redrafted them.they quite possibly had contracts for next season and didnt want to pay them out like they did langdon.
Shame there was a few good young options available

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shiels and Howe just screams Clarko getting some of his favorites on another list. Already exerting a fair bit of control not 1 month into the job...
One thing I know about players like Shiels, Howe and Turner is that they are all very hard workers. I think he's trying to get standards up at the joint because it's common knowledge amongst North fans that it's been down since we brought in Brad Scott.

That will bring Shiels and Howe in?

All coaches except for Clarko wouldn't bring these players in
I think Shiels still has plenty to offer and his experience coming from a winning culture will be invaluable in North's AFL team where I expect he will be playing most of his footy. I think he is a great pick up and I trust Clarko's judgement in that regard. It is all about setting standards which were missing under the out of his depth Noble.

I think Shiels still has plenty to offer and his experience coming from a winning culture will be invaluable in North's AFL team where I expect he will be playing most of his footy. I think he is a great pick up and I trust Clarko's judgement in that regard. It is all about setting standards which were missing under the out of his depth Noble.
Shiels maybe

Howe is another Greenwood, with less athletiscm

Good luck to those youngsters Phil Davis, Ryan Lester, Nakia Cockatoo, Connor Blakely, Paul Seedsman and Ed Curnow.

Hopefully these youngsters can forge a few games and have a career at senior level.

Rookie draft should be interesting, a few decent prospects didn't get drafted yeasterday.

Luke Teal really stiff.
Ethan Phillips surely gets rookied
Cleaver a rookie chance?
Gillbee is a 190cm wing/utility who can run IIRC
Leary as a rookie small forward may appeal to some clubs
Is Gilbee any relation?

Reminds me of when Pagan brought in ol reliable Diggers Morrell from North to Carlton :)

Good luck to those youngsters Phil Davis, Ryan Lester, Nakia Cockatoo, Connor Blakely, Paul Seedsman and Ed Curnow.

Hopefully these youngsters can forge a few games and have a career at senior level.

It is an absolute rort and this latest draft showed that clubs will just extract the p!$$ as much as they want with no repercussions

It is an absolute rort and this latest draft showed that clubs will just extract the p!$$ as much as they want with no repercussions
I agree. Time for the AFL to either rename the rookie list/draft or to provide clear definition what a rookie is and who can enter that draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back