Prediction 2022 AFL Draft - Who is “my man”?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Only 10 days tk the draft!!!

As the title states who is your “man”?

I think we limit each poster to:

- only ONE post on this thread (easier to keep up with who you want);

- choosing 6 players from the draft (as we may take 4 picks); and

- who do you not want at all.

Being realistic to who you want would help (Ie Ashcroft is probably not worth writing down).

We can review post the 2 draft nights and see who got their “man”.

My 6 players that I WANT:

• Elijah Hewett
  • Henry Hustwaite
  • Harry Lemmey
  • Lloyd Johnston
  • Lewis Hayes
  • Anthony Munkara

Player I definitely do not want:

- Isaac Keeler

Yuck.

My 6 players that I WANT:

• Elijah Hewett
  • Henry Hustwaite
  • Harry Lemmey
  • Lloyd Johnston
  • Lewis Hayes
  • Anthony Munkara

Player I definitely do not want:

- Isaac Keeler

Yuck.

I see that you have many men. Commitment issues?

1.) Hayes or Hewett I would prefer Hayes
2.) Lemmey or Barnett probably in that order also.
3.) Dowling or Gruskewski also in that order.
4.) George if he falls that far if not either Knobel or Magor
5.) Prefer Barnett over Knobel but only need 1 dev ruck.

Last edited:
Don't Really have 1 that I really Love at the Moment

I'm a bit that way too.

Hewett is the one I really like the look of, but I also don't want another first rounder who wants to leave after 2 years so that's holding me back a little in terms of enthusiasm.

I would be happy with any of these, no particular order.

Ed Allan
Olli Hotton
T*m Scully
Charlie Clark
Lachlan Cowan

If, by some miracle, Essendon swap their pick 4 with us then Elijah Tsatas as well.

I don't want Hewett with the go home factor.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just seems greedy. Promiscuous.
You've had 2 posts already. You're only allowed one. And you still haven't named a single one of your 6 players! Get with the spirit!

Being less than knowledgeable on the draft and fully aware of the need to make the most of my one post, I'll go with the OP's lot.

• Elijah Hewett
  • Henry Hustwaite
  • Harry Lemmey
  • Lloyd Johnston
  • Lewis Hayes
  • Anthony Munkara

Twomey thinks he'll go top 30
Yeh read that & was surprised
Richards has had the runs on the board for a few years now & still couldn't get selected at the mid-season draft so I have my doubts he goes that high.
If it's that type of player were after at pick 27 then I'd rather we use it on Burgiel or even Clarke
Look forward to Twomey's phantom on the 26th

Ed Allan
Olli Hotton
T*m Scully
Charlie Clark
Lachlan Cowan

If, by some miracle, Essendon swap their pick 4 with us then Elijah Tsatas as well.

I'm not aware of how strong this rumoured pull home is with Hewett.
If Hewett's pull home is due to his indigenous roots, I believe that with fellow indigenous players, coaches and support staff we have in Kraq, Leon, Jetta, johnson & Hill at the club, he will thrive with us.
Your list has Allan & Cowan included who could potentially be go home risks, albeit to a lesser degree.
Cowan is a Tassie boy thru & thru and the pull of a new Tassie side may prove to strong for him.
I'll back the club to make the club an attractive one to play for.

Last edited:
If Hewett's pull home is due to his indigenous roots, I believe that with fellow indigenous players, coaches and support staff we have in Kraq, Leon, Jetta, johnson & Hill at the club, he will thrive with us.
Your list has Allan & Cowan included who could potentially be go home risks, albeit to a lesser degree.
Cowan is a Tassie boy thru & thru and the pull of a new Tassie side may prove to strong for him.
Thought about that, good player, will get us a decent trade pick, potential 1st round pick, I think he will be brilliant imo. I'm thinking future trades to help us in the Tassie draft time era, which will be average players by the time we get to pick a draftee. Having pick 18 in consecutive drafts will not leave us much :cool:
Only heard about Hewett's "go home" factor from reading certain things online, I don't remember where but before I heard that, I wanted him big time.

Thought about that, good player, will get us a decent trade pick, potential 1st round pick, I think he will be brilliant imo. I'm thinking future trades to help us in the Tassie draft time era, which will be average players by the time we get to pick a draftee. Having pick 18 in consecutive drafts will not leave us much :cool:
Only heard about Hewett's "go home" factor from reading certain things online, I don't remember where but before I heard that, I wanted him big time.
Hope we can retain all players, but you Nailed it.
Love the optimism, If I could give multiple :thumbsu: I would have so here goes :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Along the lines of GWS having been prepared to take Ollie Henry in a hypothetical 2022 National Draft and “bank” a future first rounder…

If you take a Tasmanian kid with a second or later this year, and they turn out to be at least AFL standard, you know the AFL will give a new Tassie team the ammo to overcompensate you for them if they want to go. Rischitelli, Bock, Harbrow and Brennan all attracted first-round compensation when the Suns started up.

Ed Allan
Olli Hotton
T*m Scully
Charlie Clark
Lachlan Cowan

This point is moot, Apex said so!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

don't forget Freddy, he's also indigenous

don't forget Freddy, he's also indigenous
Cheers Manic, I didn't forget, I simply didn't know.
I grew up idolising Barry Cable as a kid in WA yet I didn't know till I was a little older that he was indigenous with his white hair. (gee he could play).
Same with Chris Mainwaring, it took a couple of years before I knew he had an indigenous background.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back