Game Day 2022 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Shameless Plug For Game Preview Voting
While you're here, take a few minutes out of your Draft Day(s) to cast a vote on the 2022 Game Previews poll.

Welcome to Draft Day
1669590430373.png 1669590490846.png
1669591192500.png
1669590684077.png
1669590798424.png

Morning friends,

Well it's that time of the year again, Draft Day. And thanks to our recruitment of Generational Talent Luke Jackson, our Draft Day begins tomorrow (the Steerage Class of draft picks).

Here's what some of the draft gurus/pundits/clairvoyants say will transpire over the next couple of days:

[INSERT MOCK DRAFTS HERE]
Callum Twomey (AFL.com): Cal Twomey's 2022 Phantom Draft: Top 30, late picks, club whispers

Chris Doerre aka Knightmare (ESPN): ESPN's three-round phantom draft for 2022

Ben Waterworth (Fox Sports): AFL phantom draft 2022: Every first round pick and bid predicted in Fox Footy mock draft

SEN (SEN): SEN's 2022 AFL mock phantom draft

Michael Alvaro (Rooke Me Central): Rookie Me Central's 2022 Phantom AFL Draft

Michael's colleague Declan Reeve:

Mitch Keating (Zero Hanger): 2022 AFL Mock Draft: Picks 1-20 (final edition)

The Doc (The Mongrel Punt): The Doc's 2022 AFL Mock Draft - The Mongrel Punt

Jasper Chellappah (The Inner Sanctum): The Inner Sanctum's 2022 AFL Phantom Draft

How do you think things will go? Who do you want in purple?

Get your bricks ready folks, and LLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!​

Last edited:

Do we want short, fast but can't use the ball or tall and fast, can kick, but can only run half a game OOOORRR do we want big and strong, average pace but comes with surprise baggage??

Tune in tonight for five minutes of highlights where Kevin Sheehan proclaims every draftee before pick twenty a star and every pick from twenty to thirty as a real astute selection.

Draft Day Advertising
If anybody wants to have a crack at predicting the draft* then Dear Leader Chief has some swag up for grabs.

* Draft Responsibly.

Do we want short, fast but can't use the ball or tall and fast, can kick, but can only run half a game OOOORRR do we want big and strong, average pace but comes with surprise baggage??

Tune in tonight for five minutes of highlights where Kevin Sheehan proclaims every draftee before pick twenty a star and every pick from twenty to thirty as a real astute selection.
Foot skills and footy IQ. Everything else can be trained.

Gee Tonga Bob I thought you might be working for Foctel and Hercules Sun - locked out of the other threads -for a day or two :thumbsupv1:

Looking forward to the posts...should be a great two days :winkv1:

good summary - so if we make a conscious effort to go for duds with each pick it may turn out to be our best draft ever :laughv1::roflv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I for one have always thought a lot of insert pick 30 as a promising young player, can’t believe he didn’t go higher
My sauces tell me we had <insert pick 30> in our top 10, guaranteed gun

We lack talent and/or depth in every position on the field except half back flankers.
You all know what's going to happen

Edit what pk said

This is like Christmas.
Except Santa didn’t come Christmas morning, coz he’s waiting for the Boxing Day sales
This is more like Christmas, except it's a combined birthday & Christmas present and we've already got it. Plus the draft itself is an advent calendar.

We lack talent and/or depth in every position on the field except half back flankers.
You all know what's going to happen
I think the talent vs depth distinction is actually interesting.

Id think the forwardline has the biggest talent deficiency but plenty of depth level players but there is a massive depth issue with defenders and the ruck where we literally have just Hughes, Wilson and Hamling as defensive depth and no ruck outside the best 22.

I'd probably agree with the club that you take highest rated at pick 30 and then make sure we get a ruck and KPD to stash and develop for 3-4 years with the next couple of picks. Wouldnt be unhappy waiting until the rookie draft to pick up a ruck though...

Draft Reaction Resources - gifs
To prepare you for the next couple of days, here is a handy reference of gifs to use depending on the situation.

A) First up is the gif for when we draft someone you really wanted:

hot damn.gif

B) Next is a gif for when you see someone on the draft board that you recognise:

pointing-leonardo-di-caprio.gif

C) Next is a gif for when we pick somebody that you haven't heard of:

connor2.gif

D) Next is a gif for when you agree with another poster, no matter how different your opinions may usually be:

paul rudd.gif

E) Next is a gif for when you're asked for an opinion on who we should draft but you have NFI on who the potential draftees are:

coogan shrug.gif

F) Next is a gif for when you see a player you wanted go to another club (the Ed Allan gif):

david-tennant-crying-in-the-rain.gif

G) Next is a gif for when a player from a lower level (ie: WAFL etc) team that you follow gets drafted:

sad dance.gif

H) Next is a gif for when you REALLY don't like what we've done on Draft Days (iykyk):

6913dad1963c655fac993a539c54dbf1c54db574.gifv

I) But ultimately, whoever we select should be receiving this gif:

looney-tunes-abominable-snowman.gif

Skinny I hope.

Gilbey sure is. 187cm and 73kg. Rookieme lists his weaknesses as contested work, durability and strength. There will be massive meltdowns if we pick him, even if it seems many are starting to think it is a good chance. He had glandular fever and then a fractured tibia, so there is every chance the club could rate him quite highly based on what he might have done if he had a full season. His profile sounds a bit like a mix of Young and S.Hill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back