Draft 2022 AFLW Draft Analysis - Slice of Pie

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL isnt turning a blind eye to incentives, the system is designed to positively encourage incentives.

Its not a flaw, its a feature.
I'm genuinely surprised that a bunch of teams got together to complain to the AFL about a development that is obviously bad for those teams, but probably good for the competition as a whole. I wonder just how hard the league was laughing at them behind their backs after the meeting was over.

The AFL isnt turning a blind eye to incentives, the system is designed to positively encourage incentives.

Its not a flaw, its a feature.

And that i dont have a problem with but the u18 players should still have to nominate their state before trade week not a week before the draft so all clubs know what their picks are worth.

Eardley over Clarke? Interesting. Jasmine Fleming doesn't surprise, she's the best pure mid available. Eardley of course is a top pick, but considering Hawthorns defensive stocks are packed to the rafters, you think they'd want to boost their midfield stocks. I know Black has her going to Essendon earlier, but could she slide to pick 8?

Thanks for another year of analysing and dissecting another crop of girls P4L.

Ready to board the Kristie-Lee Weston-Turner train.
I am already dreading the graphics for resizing her name.

Pie 4 Life PMBangers who do you think our winners and losers were outside the expansion teams?
Collingwood did extremely well for where their picks were placed and getting Evans as a UFA. Considering what the NSW pool was expected to be a month ago GWS also come out looking not bad.

I won't disclose losers because I'm just happy to see so many dreams realised, but in general I think an emphasis on speed has seen some good footballers get left off lists which is unfortunate, and some of the clubs that need to replace injured players for the upcoming season could really push themselves up the winners list by adding them

Collingwood did extremely well for where their picks were placed and getting Evans as a UFA. Considering what the NSW pool was expected to be a month ago GWS also come out looking not bad.

I won't disclose losers because I'm just happy to see so many dreams realised, but in general I think an emphasis on speed has seen some good footballers get left off lists which is unfortunate, and some of the clubs that need to replace injured players for the upcoming season could really push themselves up the winners list by adding them

I have to admit, I am excited about Imogen Evans. 171cm midfielder which is what we desperately need. Charlotte Blair was third in the time trial and Charlotte Taylor looks like some insurance for the future down back. I believe we still have two more spots to fill though to replace our inactive players.

My 22 to watch in 2022:

Charlotte Baskaran (Mid, Western/VM)
Mia Busch (Def, Eastern/VM)
Amber Clarke (Util, Dandenong/VC)

Octavia Di Donato (Util, Bendigo/VC)
Mackenzie Eardley (Util, Dandenong/VC)
Hannah Ewings (Mid, North/SA)
Jasmine Fleming (Mid/Fwd, Oakleigh/VM)
Alana Gee (Mid, GC Suns/QLD)
Montana Ham (Mid, Western/VM)
Cynthia Hamilton (Mid, GIANTS/NSW-ACT)
Bridie Hipwell (Mid, Sandringham/VM)
Sofia Hurley (Mid, Sandringham/VM)
Keeley Kustermann (Util, West/SA)
Charlotte Mullins (Fwd/Mid, Lions/QLD)
Claire Ransom (Mid, Tas/TAS)
Ella Roberts (Fwd, Peel/WA)
Paige Scott (Fwd, GWV/VC)

Emily Shepherd (Mid, Dandenong/VC)
Keeley Skepper (Mid, Murray/VC)
Tara Stribley (Mid, Swan D/WA)
Lauren Wakfer (Ruck, South/WA)

Lily-Rose Williamson (Def/Mid, Gippsland/VC)

19/22.

Not a bad strike rate P4L.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hannah Ewings is a genuine gun. Really skilful instinctive footballer, goes hard af. Can't wait to watch her play.

A list spot has left EAC and has landed at LRW at Essendon Pie 4 Life and PMBangers.

Full name of the former: Eloise Ashley-Cooper. (Moved to the inactive list.)

Full name of the latter: Lily-Rose Williamson. (Just opened up.)
I was about to quote your earlier comment about how many I got and say "plus one" 😉

Like I said, wanna come join the dark side?
AFLW is different to the men's comp at the moment I reckon. I don't have a distaste for any side and just enjoy the footy. It's also because most of the players that have come through I've watched grow through the pathways, so wish them all the best.

So I've been mulling over some stuff for a while and was wondering if there would be interest in playing a trade and draft fantasy game for the women's competition here?

Like I know the season is fast approaching but I've got a couple of different sets of rules if there is interest ie. selecting existing AFLW clubs and then having a trade period to mix it up (otherwise obviously the top teams will be too strong) as well as drafting from scratch (more fun but would require quick time limits). Could be a long-term game where after the season is over, there could be a draft depending on ladder positions and what not.

Is that something people would be interested in doing? (I know there's AFLW Fantasy but was more thinking a dedicated list you could create yourself and we run on here - women's board or wherever is suitable)

Lore happy to run if there is interest? RedmanWasHere Biggie Vacuous Space Stan Judkins as some of the most active here, is it something you might be interested in? I could put up a thread tonight for extended interest if it was. Obviously the main work would just be curating the teams then naming one each week. Depending on teams would be seven week season with three-week finals series (or 8+2).

So I've been mulling over some stuff for a while and was wondering if there would be interest in playing a trade and draft fantasy game for the women's competition here?

Like I know the season is fast approaching but I've got a couple of different sets of rules if there is interest ie. selecting existing AFLW clubs and then having a trade period to mix it up (otherwise obviously the top teams will be too strong) as well as drafting from scratch (more fun but would require quick time limits). Could be a long-term game where after the season is over, there could be a draft depending on ladder positions and what not.

Is that something people would be interested in doing? (I know there's AFLW Fantasy but was more thinking a dedicated list you could create yourself and we run on here - women's board or wherever is suitable)

Lore happy to run if there is interest? RedmanWasHere Biggie Vacuous Space Stan Judkins as some of the most active here, is it something you might be interested in? I could put up a thread tonight for extended interest if it was. Obviously the main work would just be curating the teams then naming one each week. Depending on teams would be seven week season with three-week finals series (or 8+2).
I don’t know if I would have the time or player knowledge required to be involved with that this year, but if you do want to go ahead with it get wook or biggie to put an announcement across the forum to get a bit more interest 😊 Many of us who follow women’s footy don’t necessarily spend a lot of time in this board so wouldn’t know otherwise.

FF and similar I do not partake in.

Have tried FF once and it wasn't my go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back