Fantasy 2022 - ALPHA League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That is cool, have no issue with a tie, game was still in the balance unlike some leagues where results were clearly going to go one way.

The only thing will be draft position (although for dspeed as he is leaving it does not matter so much).

That is cool, have no issue with a tie, game was still in the balance unlike some leagues where results were clearly going to go one way.

The only thing will be draft position (although for dspeed as he is leaving it does not matter so much).
You’d all but conceded on here throughout the weekend!

You’d all but conceded on here throughout the weekend!
Looked over for sure. Chase not scoring at that stage was going to make it more interesting, but expected you to still get up. However if they dont play the game now and I am in the lead I am hardly likely to concede based on what might have happened.

Looks like the game is not going to be replayed, so that option is gone anyway. So leaves me in front, but as I said, I am happy to call it a Joint Championship rather than take a slightly hollow victory which it would be due to these events.

As i said before, its an unforeseen event not dissimilar to a play you start getting injured and ruled out early, or is a game time decision and ends up ruled out, and you cop a zero score. Why its either tough luck, whoever was leading declared winner, or, make it joint champions. I'm more inclined to go with the tough luck option, but not against joint winners. It's all shits and giggles for non-money leagues anyway, so shouldn't be an ordeal.

As i said before, its an unforeseen event not dissimilar to a play you start getting injured and ruled out early, or is a game time decision and ends up ruled out, and you cop a zero score. Why its either tough luck, whoever was leading declared winner, or, make it joint champions. I'm more inclined to go with the tough luck option, but not against joint winners. It's all shits and giggles for non-money leagues anyway, so shouldn't be an ordeal.
Nah tough luck shouldn't be an option in this situation ...it's luck to do with scheduling not actual football. And yeah it's not an ordeal but to be known as champion kind of is something for bragging rights

Obviously the tough luck option makes me winner, but as I have said, I dont want to win it that way and more than happy to share the title but will leave it up to others to make the call as I am an invested party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the responses!
As i said, not up to me. But one of the reasons the last round is not normally used are teams pulling players, or just not playing them, so becomes a crapshoot of backups sometimes. But I will just go with whatever, still happy to go with whatever the consensus is.

For the same reasons that the play-offs weren't originally scheduled to involve Week 18.

I thought that would have been obvious 🤷‍♂️
Of course it’s obvious in normal circumstances, I was only saying for the championship game given the highly extaraordinary situation (and given it likely cost me the win in week 17)

Last edited:
Personally (and I’ll be gone soon so you need not worry) I think it’s pretty stiff to lose in such unusual circumstances (it’s not like a normal injury)

On any other method I’d likely have won:
  • Full week 18 replay
  • applying averages
  • Allowing Bengal/Bills week 18 scores to be added to week 17 (this is what happened in my other league)

The only trade happened right before the switch to FF when Dspeed traded his first for one of NDGs WRs. And when both guys joined FF they re-did the trade
What's the draft order? Wiz was going to be pushed back as he missed a few weeks

Wizard can stay where he is, because new owner, right? Wizard isbt returning so no need to punish.

When league reopens in early February, I'll be able to set up draft on there, which will then display draft order etc.

But you can guess what it will be by looking at the standings results.

Also, the remaining people need to agree on changes to alpha before we really resume. And THEN try to find 3 or so people to replace exiting members.

have re-opened the 2023 season on FF.

we obviously need to find three new people as wizard, lenny and dspeed are leaving. plus no one bothered to agree on big changes to the league. so for now it is how it's always been, open for further discussion.

meanwhile tho...as the league is opened, people can start trading, and also you have to get your keepers down to 34 before June 30.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back