Coach 2022 Coaching

Remove this Banner Ad

Not good enough- the board needs to drag the coach and football dept, plus senior playing leadership into some kind of extroardinary meeting to sort this debacle out. It needs to come from the top, where the culture of an organisation is set. Weak boards have plagued the club for decades, but we now need to draw a line in the sand to save this season.

Would love to see Choco Williams at the club. Didn't he have a crack when Richo got the job, but was honest about where our list was at so we passed him over?.... or am I remembering that wrong?
I reckon he was in the mix when Lyon took over. Not sure about when Richo got the job. And don't want to know if he was overlooked for him.

With season catch phrases like "Why Not Us" ...

The players can't even hit targets at the moment, God knows why the coaching group is telling them every week that its our turn to win the Grand Final.

Bewildering or just plain delusional...

Honestly the side is good enough but we lack system and brand. Both coaching issues. I can’t tell you what either are at the Saints. * around with the ball until you turn it over, run around a bit and pick and choose when to go?

With season catch phrases like "Why Not Us" ...

The players can't even hit targets at the moment, God knows why the coaching group is telling them every week that its our turn to win the Grand Final.

Bewildering or just plain delusional...
What a joke - do you think they will say never us.

Honestly the side is good enough but we lack system and brand. Both coaching issues. I can’t tell you what either are at the Saints. * around with the ball until you turn it over, run around a bit and pick and choose when to go?
Good enough at our absolute best to be top 8. Two quality mids off top 4.

Hate to say this but Chris Scott is the type of coach required to get this current list competitive.
Watching them as a neutral yesterday, their structure in defence them transitioning into attack is so disciplined. They look almost robotic and one on one they have nobody that is any greater name than our list.
Hawkins, Selwood and Dangerfield are past their prime and they rely so much on their players knowing their role to the letter.
We can't or just won't do that.
Our fall since the bye has been spectacular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to say this but Chris Scott is the type of coach required to get this current list competitive.
Watching them as a neutral yesterday, their structure in defence them transitioning into attack is so disciplined. They look almost robotic and one on one they have nobody that is any greater name than our list.
Hawkins, Selwood and Dangerfield are past their prime and they rely so much on their players knowing their role to the letter.

I agree.

It's almost like at any given moment, whoever has the ball knows exactly where their team mates will be, and what space they will be leading in to.

It's kind of cliche but everyone knows their role.

Scott has a game plan that makes his sides superior home and away sides. I want big thinking. I actually loving watching Sam Mitchell’s Hawks and the Pies, you see what they are doing and the same does are young and enthusiastic playing fun footy. I hate our brand or what ever we do, it’s dull and messy.

Our mids are adequate players. Steele, Ross, Crouch, Gresham should give sides headaches. Instead they give us headaches. There is no system ATM. Ratts has a few weeks to see what he has left in the tank. No way he should be signed until we know we’re improving on the performance Richo had. He’s had heaps of resources on and off field and hasn’t made a drastic step up.

Scott has a game plan that makes his sides superior home and away sides. I want big thinking. I actually loving watching Sam Mitchell’s Hawks and the Pies, you see what they are doing and the same does are young and enthusiastic playing fun footy. I hate our brand or what ever we do, it’s dull and messy.

Our mids are adequate players. Steele, Ross, Crouch, Gresham should give sides headaches. Instead they give us headaches. There is no system ATM. Ratts has a few weeks to see what he has left in the tank. No way he should be signed until we know we’re improving on the performance Richo had. He’s had heaps of resources on and off field and hasn’t made a drastic step up.
Maybe it’s Craig Jennings time? Super wiz from what I hear triggering bro

Would love to see Choco Williams at the club. Didn't he have a crack when Richo got the job, but was honest about where our list was at so we passed him over?.... or am I remembering that wrong?
I’m with gringo I like Mitchell
Not fussed about Clarko would be happy to go with a Yze type get the next Clarko

Yes. 100%.

If we can’t get Clarkson, or it’s not feasible, he’s next on my list. Every club he goes to (except GWS at the start) improves out of all sight and wins a flag. Nobody develops players better than him.

The caveat would be his health. If he’s fit and healthy then it’s a big yes from me.

Insanity people saying not fussed re Clarko.

Our two best eras
Ross Lyon - proper jerk high standards uncompromising, loved players with high standards, didn’t care for the others.
Thomas - proper jerk high standards uncompromising loved players with high standards, didn’t care for the others.

If the saints don’t make finals Brett Ratten is gone and Clarkson will be our coach.

We will know after we lose to the Eagles and mathematically can’t make finals. If Clarko can’t win us one, then the curse is real.

I’m in the sack Ratts camp right now.
I don’t think it’s Ratts’ fault. The cattle just isn’t good enough. In his interview he bemoaned our ball movement and decision making and seemed perplexed as to why we weren’t taking the game on more.
That’s leadership on the field to me. Not coaching. Why didn’t one of our mids try getting into Clarke to free up Sinclair to run and carry. Why wasn’t someone bold enough to take on a kick in board? Why didn’t Longy take it upon himself to clean up Lloyd or Blakey, or even better, why didn’t any of our small forwards actually try and make them defend?

Our two best eras
Lyon - proper jerk high standards uncompromising
Thomas - proper jerk high standards uncompromising

If the saints don’t make finals Brett Ratten is gone and Clarkson will be our coach.

We will know after we lose to the Eagles and mathematically can’t make finals.
I keep hearing that we said no to Clarkson. Are we sure that was even said? I think all we said when we were 8-3 is that Ratten has done well so far and they'll talk through his contract in the 2nd half of the season.

Second, we won't wait until Round 23 to make a decision either way. We will know within the next couple of weeks if Ratten has a new deal or if he is being moved on.

Our two best eras
Ross Lyon - proper jerk high standards uncompromising, loved players with high standards, didn’t care for the others.
Thomas - proper jerk high standards uncompromising loved players with high standards, didn’t care for the others.

We will know after we lose to the Eagles and mathematically can’t make finals. If Clarko can’t win us one, then the curse is real.
Do you have info on Ratts and Clarko?

I’m not fussed and I think we have zero chance of getting him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back