World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group C - (Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland)

Remove this Banner Ad

Big fan of the way they’re handling the added time this WC and the aggressive, decisive refereeing. Leagues around the world should take note. Bit more player control would be good for the sport

fair call with the time on. seems reasonable.
I feel the refs in the PL should add on more injury time than they do. The Championship seems to do it well from what I've seen, matches there often go into the 97th minute.

The biggest upset of the last World Cup was probably South Korea beating Germany. Without trying to take anything away from South Korea, Germany were cooked 4 years ago. Argentina are among the favourites for this tournament. What an upset we could be in for.

Not to mention South Korea have been a semi decent team, that has made World Cup semis before and has the odd world class player. In the last 25 years, the Saudis have barely qualified for the World Cup and when they have, have a highest finish of 26th, with one solitary win against a lowly Egypt.

This is at least twice the upset of that game in my view. Truly amazing (and of they hold on will be remembered and replayed for many years).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t watch a lot of the world game, but wasn’t 5 minutes once considered a large amount of additional time? It seems like that’s the minimum for these days…
They have said this world cup they are closely tracking added time for VAR, timewasting, players staying down, players taking extra time for goal kicks and free kicks etc.

Its really setting the example for why games should only go for 30 and just stop the time whenever the refs whistle blows like in other codes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back