Fixture 2022 Fixture

Who will we get double ups against?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cos AFL I guess.
So you don't have a reason? It makes perfect sense to leave later rounds floating so you can schedule better games in prime time.

So you don't have a reason? It makes perfect sense to leave later rounds floating so you can schedule better games in prime time.
I meant I'm on the fence rather than having strong feelings either way

Floating like completely floating or like this year where we had the match ups and location but not the day/time?
I'd assume similar to this year.

I'd assume similar to this year.
I don't mind it as long as we know which weekends are home games and have enough notice to buy tickets for a group. Like if they release it in blocks 2 weeks before the start of each block that would be okay. Not so much the night before a limited number of tickets go on sale for the following weekend...

I don't mind it as long as we know which weekends are home games and have enough notice to buy tickets for a group. Like if they release it in blocks 2 weeks before the start of each block that would be okay. Not so much the night before a limited number of tickets go on sale for the following weekend...
Same here. Just want to know what weekends the games are on. Do not need the exact day.

NO Round 1 opener with any of these options:
- Brisbane at the Gabba
- Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval
- Sydney at the SCG
- GWS at Spotless
- Geelong at GMHBA

Can Mother Nature also give us a dry night for Dreamtime (vs Richmond) or better yet play it at Marvel?

I would like to play both WA, SA and NSW sides at Marvel in a return game, when/if we play them away.
I would prefer Geelong (home or away) at the MCG.
No night games in Queensland, day or twilight only.
After yesterday, I would prefer if we never, ever have to go back to Launceston again (sorry to all the people who live down there).
I like games that aren't wet IMG20210417192552.jpg

The Age reports that Geelong vs Essendon is set to be the round 1 fixture on a Saturday Afternoon. Very happy with that.
Surely it's at the MCG and not KP?

Here's the link:

The Age reports that Geelong vs Essendon is set to be the round 1 fixture on a Saturday Afternoon. Very happy with that.

Here's the link:
If they’re hosting it’ll be in Geelong. And probably a return fixture with us hosting the country game at the G

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's the link:
You couldn’t imaging it ring at KP, Essendon would unlikely be scheduled twice in succession. Also, assume it would be the MCG with Marvel hosting a Saturday night game.

If they’re hosting it’ll be in Geelong. And probably a return fixture with us hosting the country game at the G
I believe it'll be at the MCG given that the AFL stated they are prioritising getting fans to the football in round 1.

Geelong typically host two MCG games a year, with Hawthorn, Richmond and Collingwood usually the teams they host. Given that all 3 had poor years and since Geelong won't be hosting the game vs Hawthorn in 2022, I can see the AFL making us one of Geelong's two MCG home game.

Just noticed all of last years top 8 will play each other round 1 and all of the bottom 10 are playing each other as well. Has that ever happened before?

Confirmed by the AFL:

Saturday, March 19
Geelong v Essendon, MCG, 2.10pm AEDT, Fox

Here's the link:
Wednesday Night Footy, fu** me dead
Essendon website is saying Country Game in Round 1, kind of a waste of marketing on a fixture that would’ve been well attended anyway surely? I guess we won’t get a return fixture against Geelong then or they’d do country game later in the year.

Either that or maybe they’re just trying to dodge a potential lockdown and get it done while country people can still get to the G for it…

Essendon website is saying Country Game in Round 1, kind of a waste of marketing on a fixture that would’ve been well attended anyway surely? I guess we won’t get a return fixture against Geelong then or they’d do country game later in the year.

Either that or maybe they’re just trying to dodge a potential lockdown and get it done while country people can still get to the G for it…
I'd say it's the former.

I'm still hoping for double ups against Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond, Freo and Melbourne.

TBH it's probably the best time to allow country folk to actually go. Before country footy starts.

Looks a great round of footy - GF re-match, traditional Tigers vs Bloos, Pies vs Saints has some history, Bombers vs Cats in a traditional timeslot at the G, a Sydney derby with Buddy chasing 1000 and Bris vs Port who have had some big match ups.

And then you get to Sunday...

Sunday, March 20
Hawthorn v North Melbourne, MCG, 1.10pm AEDT, Fox
Adelaide v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval, 3.40pm ACDT, Fox
West Coast v Gold Coast, Optus Stadium, 4.40pm AWST, Fox

Back