List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we trade McAsey for a pick in the 30s? Let the kid develop. Even if you delist him in 2 years, what do you lose, pick 38? Meh.
Maybe because that pick will go towards bringing in Max Michalanney without putting a dent in next year's raft collateral.

Why would we trade McAsey for a pick in the 30s? Let the kid develop. Even if you delist him in 2 years, what do you lose, pick 38? Meh.
Maybe it's an attitude problem or homesickness and that he will never reach any potential if he remains. I mean, at the moment, isn't he behind both Frampton and Borlase?

Imagine turning a rookie pick pick 7 into Darcy Fogarty :fire:;)
Great work, never said all of Hamish’s picks were no good, it’s blowing first rounders where my criticism is aimed at. Now one of them you’ve just highlighted and yet you can’t bring yourself to criticise Hamish……ever. So in a nutshell only one of us balanced ;)

Maybe because that pick will go towards bringing in Max Michalanney without putting a dent in next year's raft collateral.
I would prefer to give Fish a go for a bit longer and drop down 1 or 2 pcks in the 3rd round next year.

Rowe's pick would be enough wouldn't it?

Should we be revisiting Tarryn Thomas on a buy low scenario? We did bid on him quite high up at the National Draft if I recall correct? Matt Crouch for TT and some pick swapsies?

Thomas is worth far more than Crouch, despite the fact Thomas couldn't be arsed with 2022. No way they remotely entertain this idea.

Newchurch won't be moved on...
I've not seen anyone seriously suggest that Newchurch won't be here next year.

We've invested a lot of time in him and he's genuinely improved - you would never cut a project player like him just as he's coming good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a shame Liam Jones isn't a bit younger, he likely gets Carlton a 3rd round pick (band 5) as compensation. A band 4 compo of end of second round would have been nice.

I'd do 29 and 36 for Sholl and McAsey if it helped us get things moving with other deals.

It's a shame Liam Jones isn't a bit younger, he likely gets Carlton a 3rd round pick (band 5) as compensation. A band 4 compo of end of second round would have been nice.

I'd do 29 and 36 for Sholl and McAsey if it helped us get things moving with other deals.
Wow, some people here have really given up on McAsey early. What happened to young KPPs taking longer to develop?

Haven't we learnt from Marshall and Fogarty this year?

Wow, some people here have really given up on McAsey early. What happened to young KPPs taking longer to develop?

If moving McAsey out for a 2nd rounder helps us land Rankine and potentially others, I can live with that.

I guess people are struggling to identify traits in him that could be useful in AFL. I think he is a KPD (good enough KPF at SANFL level) but the club has pushed him forward to make room for Frampton and Borlase which is concerning.

Strong chance if the club can get a half decent draft pick, they'll cut their losses. I want him to succeed as much as the next person but a genuine question to you, what makes you think he could make it?

On CPH1903 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If moving McAsey out for a 2nd rounder helps us land Rankine and potentially others, I can live with that.
This gig is a business. I am not fussed about player movement. Apart from the very top tier we have (fogarty, thilthorpe, rachele, dawson and soon to be soligo), i can live with losing and gaining players.

Wheel and deal to get the best deal from our end and the worst for the opposition..but idmf mcasey goes and we bring in others, get it done

Exactly, we need to think about the next trade period in net terms.

If we were able to trade in Rankine & JHF.... no issue trading out players to make this happen.

We have a very young list & I mentioned mid season it's likely we will need to trade out some of our young talent.

You’ve named 2 players who made it, there are plenty that haven’t.

The clubs given up on him as a KPD and he hasn’t played AFL for 2 years, that should give you a hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back