List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer Hopper out of the two, but wouldn't care if we stayed away from either

Our first would be too much, and our second will be too little (plus I reckon GWS would be looking for quality over quantity, so two 2nds would be a no go)
We need quality in the middle, why do people baulk at the price ??

We need quality in the middle, why do people baulk at the price ??
Gonna assume our pick is top 6 again. For a 26-year-old mid that isn't exactly a classy type, I think there's better uses of that selection

Also, isn't he contracted? So his price would be even more inflated?

From the addy...​

INSIDE WORD

Adelaide is zeroing in on Glenelg midfielder Brett Turner in the AFL mid-season rookie draft.

Currently sidelined with a foot injury, Turner is understood to have met with the Crows but his selection could be determined by whether they take one or two picks in the June 1 draft.

One spot has become available following the season-ending knee injury to captain Rory Sloane while the club is yet to make a call on whether wingman Paul Seedsman, who is battling concussion symptoms, will play again this year.

Turner caught the eye of Adelaide’s recruiting department with a standout 38-disposal, four-goal, six-clearance display against their SANFL side in round three.

This is why we need an AFL reserves side. Hurts the sanfl sides chances of winning a flag by taking them from their side, and into our side to play against them.
For sure but I reckon we're a fair way from that happening.

hey shorty
Ballenden must be on a "decent deal" outside of WWT's salary by the sounds? ;)
SEVEN potential mid-season draftees have nominated 18-month contracts and one has put extra terms on his head as the full list of nominations has been distributed to clubs ahead of next week's draft.

More than 200 players have nominated for next Wednesday's NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft, with clubs informed that a small group of players have lodged terms that will see them automatically signed until the end of 2023 if they are selected. Ex-Brisbane Lion tall Connor Ballenden is the only player to have nominated as a 'Category 1' prospect, meaning he has nominated extra financial terms under the AFL's rules.

As AFL.com.au revealed in April, the AFL tweaked its rules for this year's mid-season draft so that only previously AFL-listed players could nominate financial terms after last year VFL player Jai Newcombe did that and landed at Hawthorn.

They are Jai Culley, Kallan Dawson, Hugo Hall-Kahan, Max Ramsden, Jacob Bauer, James Blanck and former Gold Coast midfielder Jacob Dawson.

Dawson has been playing at Southport in the VFL, having played nine games for the Suns between 2018-19 before being delisted at the end of 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty
Ballenden must be on a "decent deal" outside of WWT's salary by the sounds? ;)
SEVEN potential mid-season draftees have nominated 18-month contracts and one has put extra terms on his head as the full list of nominations has been distributed to clubs ahead of next week's draft.

More than 200 players have nominated for next Wednesday's NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft, with clubs informed that a small group of players have lodged terms that will see them automatically signed until the end of 2023 if they are selected. Ex-Brisbane Lion tall Connor Ballenden is the only player to have nominated as a 'Category 1' prospect, meaning he has nominated extra financial terms under the AFL's rules.

As AFL.com.au revealed in April, the AFL tweaked its rules for this year's mid-season draft so that only previously AFL-listed players could nominate financial terms after last year VFL player Jai Newcombe did that and landed at Hawthorn.

They are Jai Culley, Kallan Dawson, Hugo Hall-Kahan, Max Ramsden, Jacob Bauer, James Blanck and former Gold Coast midfielder Jacob Dawson.

Dawson has been playing at Southport in the VFL, having played nine games for the Suns between 2018-19 before being delisted at the end of 2020.
He's at the Eagles, they don't have a salary cap down there.

Makes sense mind you, he's moved his life down here to play footy so to move again you'd need certain terms.

The Crows, who are likely to select at Pick 4, have been linked to Carmichael, but are also strongly considering taking 25-year-old Glenelg on-baller Brett Turner, who booted 4.1 from 38 disposals and six clearances against Adelaide’s SANFL team in mid-April.

Carmichael could be off the board by the time the Crows pick anyway, with West Coast and Essendon also linked to the on-baller. If he slides past those clubs, it’s hard to see him escaping the grasp of Richmond, which at this stage holds Pick 10.

If the Eagles don’t opt for Carmichael early, big-bodied midfielder Jai Culley would be in their sights too.

From the addy...​

INSIDE WORD

Adelaide is zeroing in on Glenelg midfielder Brett Turner in the AFL mid-season rookie draft.

Currently sidelined with a foot injury, Turner is understood to have met with the Crows but his selection could be determined by whether they take one or two picks in the June 1 draft.

One spot has become available following the season-ending knee injury to captain Rory Sloane while the club is yet to make a call on whether wingman Paul Seedsman, who is battling concussion symptoms, will play again this year.

Turner caught the eye of Adelaide’s recruiting department with a standout 38-disposal, four-goal, six-clearance display against their SANFL side in round three.
Sounds like the Crows way. Sign an injured player based on a 1 game performance.

Seen both Carmicheal and Turner.
I liked Turner when he first came to West, read the ball well and made good decisions. Played defence at first and later moved to the midfield and was a an accumulator. He is a clever footballer, pretty one sided and not the quickest of players but has something.
Quit the club for a while and went back to his local team and when he came back he found a new level of confidence and became one of our best but he never seemed to have that buy in. Admittedly West weren't good so I guess it wears you down.
I wasn't surprised he wanted to leave and go to Glenelg so others can comment now on his play.

Carmicheal I like a lot. He has a football brain. Really smart, goes to the right spots, has clean hands and a fantastic kick. His passes are low and quick and he finds the ball in tight.
Has some pace and is a good size for a midfielder.
Some posters like Hately but Carmicheal is better.
He's quicker, bigger, and delivers the ball better by foot. He too is very one sided and it can get him in trouble but I feel for a mid season pick up why wouldn't you take a chance on him.

You’d think he’s a monty to go to WCE. In that case, I’m not sure Carmichael gets to us. Even though I reckon NM goes with either D’Ambrosio or Derksen, Essendon would surely be very keen on him

You’d think he’s a monty to go to WCE. In that case, I’m not sure Carmichael gets to us. Even though I reckon NM goes with either D’Ambrosio or Derksen, Essendon would surely be very keen on him

As long as we're not lookong at Derksen I'll be happy.

Re the mid season draft, our list is not so advanced that picking best available won't improve us, no matter what position they play. But we look to have some fairly obvious holes in our list:
1. Great mid - we could have a decent support cast and our outside mids look fine, but we don't have an out and out gun to lead the engine room. There doesn't look to be one in the msd and we may even have to trade up from this year's first round (or trade for JHF).
2. Good key forward - Thilthorpe looks good, Himmelberg does not. Macasy looks better as a forward than defender, but not yet convinced. There look to be a couple of maybes in the msd, or possibly round 2 pick.
3. Good medium forward - McAdam looks OK and one of Gollant or Fog might make it, but not convinced yet. Should be available in msd or draft.
4. Good key defender - Butts looks very good and one of Frampton, Murray or Michalanney probably makes it, but not guaranteed. Certainly looks more promising than our key forward stocks.

So, while more mids in the msd might be tempting, how much will it improve our current future of Dawson, Cook, Hinge, Sholl, Milera, Crouch, Keays, Schoenberg, Berry, Pedlar, Soligo, Rachele, McHenry, Hately, Taylor, Nankervis?

Are we better off filling an obvious hole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back