Position 2022 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of the pricing structure in AF (rookies costing a lot more) that it's much harder to start with 2 x SP rucks so a stepping stone R2 is usually the percentage starting strategy in that format.
So AF bumped the salary cap to $14M this year ...that's almost a $1M up on last year

I agree with your thoughts, I never had two SP Rucks last year ....not for the want of trying may I add

Injuries would be the only worry.
To big a risk IMO. You are giving up a Gawn/Grundy score when he is out.
Played 21 games last year, toughed out games when hurt. IMO he'll be the top scoring ruck. Neither Gawn or Grundy have been bullet proof in the last few years either.

Don't see him as more of an injury risk than either of them.

Just looked, the year Witts worked out really well, the starting price was 218k.
Big difference to his starting level this year.
Suppose he still offers a sighter, but not ideal. The idea of Grundy, Witts and Preuss as insurance / cash generation was the first thought, but unsure.

Last edited:
I reckon Darcy will be the #1 overall scorer in the comp this season. Can see him going 130+.
For someone who was in the wars a bit, he still played 21/22, and his output was pretty remarkable as the year progressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

first year for a while without Gawndy opener.

Thinking Dartts or is it Dwitts? Am i crazy?
Not at all .....just have to see how strongly Witts comes thru PS

Will he be a late 80's scoring player ....or a mid 90's scoring, after injury

1639599322130.png

Or will the Big O continue his progression for $120K more ......79 games in now & in his prime

1639599577874.png

This is Sean Darcy SuperCoach season last year would say he’s very SuperCoach friendly View attachment 1297815
Trades are premium in SC over other formats, don’t think Wayno was questioning his scoring. Inj prone players need much more consideration for SC. AF you can just send it

Witts is frustrating to own, but for that price i just might have to.

Unfortunately Chol being there takes away his biggest strength, which is that he rucks solo and generally plays huge minutes in the guts. Like Darcy.

Past 2 times i've had him, watching him in games is rough.

Bloke doesn't get many marks around the ground, doesn't kick any goals, doesn't link up, doesn't tackle a great deal, doesn't get any touches really, UNLESS it's directly after a ruck contest.

You're relying so much on his hitouts, and if you're lucky, he might get some tackles in congestion. Around the ground he's invisible.

Witts is frustrating to own, but for that price i just might have to.

Unfortunately Chol being there takes away his biggest strength, which is that he rucks solo and generally plays huge minutes in the guts. Like Darcy.

Past 2 times i've had him, watching him in games is rough.

Bloke doesn't get many marks around the ground, doesn't kick any goals, doesn't link up, doesn't tackle a great deal, doesn't get any touches really, UNLESS it's directly after a ruck contest.

You're relying so much on his hitouts, and if you're lucky, he might get some tackles in congestion. Around the ground he's invisible.
Sounds like you’ve already made your decision
If he’s frustrating to own regardless of price you’re not going to enjoy supercoach

we all set out to win but the game at the end of the day is about enjoyment
Get players you like to watch and it is better to play
Witts is a decent pick but too in between
Better off going down to preuss if looking for value
Other then that 2 of the big 3 are the go this year imo

first year for a while without Gawndy opener.

Thinking Dartts or is it Dwitts? Am i crazy?
Dartts mate! And it's my preference at the moment.

Get on the Dartts!
giphy.gif

Just on the McInerney pick, by all reports having a great pre-season and I think he's going to be big for the team however I'd be expecting him to split his time in the ruck a little more with Fort compared to when Daniher was the 2nd ruck last season. He might still score well but I think he'll have a better split between ruck/forward time once Hipwood replaces Fort/Fullarton in the team around the byes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back