List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
24. Tom Powell.

Midfield combinations work best when each member brings different but complimentary skills to to the table. With Tom it is death by a 1000 cuts.He is the natural accumulator in the group who kills you by quietly racking up possessions and using his quick hands and vision to put other players in better positions. Still looks about 12 years old so a fuller pre-season will help his development immensely. Will get more time in the midfield in 2022 and by the end of 2022 the rest of the competition will start to see what we see.

24. Tom Powell.

Midfield combinations work best when each member brings different but complimentary skills to to the table. With Tom it is death by a 1000 cuts.He is the natural accumulator in the group who kills you by quietly racking up possessions and using his quick hands and vision to put other players in better positions. Still looks about 12 years old so a fuller pre-season will help his development immensely. Will get more time in the midfield in 2022 and by the end of 2022 the rest of the competition will start to see what we see.

Do You See What I see?.....TP a "hunter and collector" of the ball...quite an apt description.

25. Paul Curtis

Nobes identified the need for a small forward as a priority in this year’s draft and we got one. The small forward role is as much about goals as it is about pressure acts and locking the ball in the forward line so this should be Paul’s focus. Given that Jack Mahony is the incumbent in the role he is likely to start there but it won’t be a surprise if Paul gets a game early in the season. That will give us multiple X factor players in the forward line.

26. Tarryn

The most naturally gifted player in the side. Last year, his third year, was when performance started to match potential. He provides the class in our midfield mix. We rotate our mids through half forwand which is not natural for some as they are pure mids. Tarryn is comfortable in this role as he has natural forward capabilities. The improvement should continue & if it does we have an absolute star on the books. The footy media are just starting to recognise how good he is.

27. Miller Bergmann

At 188 cms & 70 kegs Miller’s challenge is obvious. The Gym should be one of his main foci. The other should be picking Aaron Hall’s brains as he is likely to be Hall’s replacement as the distributor from the backline. His drafting notes indicate he is an elite kick and decision maker coming out of defence and we are not exactly flush with these types so his development is important. A year in the 2s beckons but Nobes has shown he is not afraid to blood youngsters if the VFL form warrants.

28. Sugar

An intriguing player. Obviously rated highly internally as he is in the leadership group and polls votes from the match committe. Embraced the lockdown role on small defenders but it looks like we are trying to find a position for a valued player Rather than him being a natural in the position. Is likely to start in this role but will face challenges from Kyron, & eventually Archer. We have been bereft of a lockdown small defender since Marley’s delisting so it is his to lose.

29. Will P

Missed a lot of footy in his draft year like all the Vics so took a bit of time to get going but he showed two important things. One a real passion for the jumper and two the ability to lower his eyes going into the forward line. Will be so much better with a fuller pre-season. Been a pure mid in juniors and rotating through HF doesn’t seem natural to him. Should start round 1 as part of the midfield rotation. Reckon he’ll be a ten year Roo.

30. Chom

Despite the BF hype the reality is that he is an injury prone big man who we have seen very little of since his drafting. He needs continuity and development. The recruitment of CCJ will help with the latter as it will reduce any internal pressure to play him in the AFL too early. Nobes game plan in 2021 was Souva plus one other tall who could pinch hit in the ruck so I don’t see us playing him alongside Souva, CCJ & Goldy. There is clearly potential there for him to work in tandem with CCJ as eventual replacements for Goldy.

29. Will P

Missed a lot of footy in his draft year like all the Vics so took a bit of time to get going but he showed two important things. One a real passion for the jumper and two the ability to lower his eyes going into the forward line. Will be so much better with a fuller pre-season. Been a pure mid in juniors and rotating through HF doesn’t seem natural to him. Should start round 1 as part of the midfield rotation. Reckon he’ll be a ten year Roo.
Perfect summary.

29. Will P

When we're contending and the opposition is busting their guts covering off on the likes of TT, JHF and LDU, it will be this bloke breaking their hearts.

31. Goat

His drafting notes indicate he has a similar skill set to Miller Bergmann albeit with more physical development. In the race with Atu, Flynn et al to take the run, carry and distribute role previously filled by Ats. Should watch Aaron Hall closely as Hally performs a similar role now. Players drafted in his draft position would normally expect to debut the next year so we can expect to see him get a few games especially in a Side committed to playing young players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh I don't reckon we can plan too much until we see what Karen's (Cooper Harvey - Baby Boomer) year is like.

I reckon it is unlikely we'll end up with a ladder/draft pick/Karen rating position to need to trade our first.

As in, I can't see Cooper being rated a top 5/6 pick in the draft, which is where I expect our pick to fall.

Likely we traded out our second for CCJ expecting that's where a bid on him will fall.

If that occurs, smart business.

Tbh I don't reckon we can plan too much until we see what Karen's (Cooper Harvey - Baby Boomer) year is like.

I reckon it is unlikely we'll end up with a ladder/draft pick/Karen rating position to need to trade our first.

As in, I can't see Cooper being rated a top 5/6 pick in the draft, which is where I expect our pick to fall.

Likely we traded out our second for CCJ expecting that's where a bid on him will fall.

If that occurs, smart business.
First time I've seen Karen as his potential nickname. Very good 👍

This is the first year that I'd be strongly considering trading a future first for a current first.

Hit draft with a top 5 pick + top 12 pick + Cooper.

Roll the dice & expect to climb the ladder in 2023.

This is the year where I'd be willing to trade our high pick for an established high quality player that fiils a direct need.

Imo we have enough top end talent on the list via the draft now.

Do we REALLY need another top 5 pick mid?

Cooper is currently projected to be picked in the 30s.

Would take a very strong year, and dominant Vic metro games to see him jump into the first round.
I heard he was caught in a tent with a girl and enjoys things that are bad... Rookie at most...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back