List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need ben king, we have a comben.

Reports are we are keen to start talking about contract extension

I can't see why he'd walk. He's had a great career so far including a flag and there's no indication he's unhappy?

From a self-interest pov he's a good player but I wouldn't expect us to target him nor him to join us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going after an expensive free agent like king to cover an area where we've already got a few promising options would be silly. If we're going after a free agent it's gotta be a key defender, you can't afford to pay extra for players in a position you've already got covered. especially with the money the young midfield brigade will be wanting in a few years

They gave him the arse 4 months after they drafted him. That he was on our list for such a short amount of time, would perhaps suggest our recruitment team didn't do enough due diligence on him. Even if it was the 19th pick of the mid season draft, it was still a wasted draft pick.

I know that. You can do heaps of due diligence on a pick and it doesn't work out.

Going after an expensive free agent like king to cover an area where we've already got a few promising options would be silly. If we're going after a free agent it's gotta be a key defender, you can't afford to pay extra for players in a position you've already got covered. especially with the money the young midfield brigade will be wanting in a few years
Perhaps, but suggesting we shouldnt look at King because he have a 1 gamer with a broken collarbone isnt realistic. If we want king and king wants us, you would 100% make that happen. Having 2 kids on the list that are tall and have played forward does not mean we have that area covered. It means we have two developing players who may not make it, and probably 100% not to the level of King. As for the others demanding a pay rise, important we start winning games before coming out cap in hand. Having a player like King or of similar ilk helps that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back