VFL 2022 VFL list management & general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd have to be really hardcore to go and watch the VFL practice match with not many Pies playing. Those who would do it, might be hardcore enough to still go and then watch the AFL pracky match as a replay.
That would be me haha.

I'm gonna attempt both. Maybe I'll just stay til half time.

That would be me haha.

I'm gonna attempt both. Maybe I'll just stay til half time.
If I wasn’t still unpacking and settling into a new house it would have been good to see the VFL

thanks Dave, I think Jen went to the game so we should get an update at some point, she's probably still watching the replay of the AFL boys :)

She went but I think she left Early to watch the AFL Team

I left a little into the 3rd. We got two goals in a row.. Last one by beggy.

Looks like we won by 15 points though.

I saw goals by Reef, Beggy, Wilson a few others. I got some footage. Some nice marks by Kelly and attack on the ball.

I left a little into the 3rd. We got two goals in a row.. Last one by beggy.

Looks like we won by 15 points though.

I saw goals by Reef, Beggy, Wilson a few others. I got some footage. Some nice marks by Kelly and attack on the ball.
Any standouts?

Any standouts?
From the half that I saw.. Chuggy was quite impressive, have me Quaynor vibes with his attack and pace with the ball.
Reef kicked a great goal.
Beggy did well in the ruck and kicked a goal as I was leaving.

Wilson faired well, and kicked a goal.

Kelly created a good contested, took some good marks, and aggressive attack on the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the half that I saw.. Chuggy was quite impressive, have me Quaynor vibes with his attack and pace with the ball.
Reef kicked a great goal.
Beggy did well in the ruck and kicked a goal as I was leaving.

Wilson faired well, and kicked a goal.

Kelly created a good contested, took some good marks, and aggressive attack on the ball.
Thanks Jen

It was also a team orientated win, according to someone that does the stats.

Here are some footage

It seems we've snapped up Cameron Wild, the son of Jason Wild. Good to see him having a go at his father's old club. Hopefully he's got a bit more polish to his game than Jason had!!

It seems we've snapped up Cameron Wild, the son of Jason Wild. Good to see him having a go at his father's old club. Hopefully he's got a bit more polish to his game than Jason had!!
Oh wow, funny that. He may not have played 100 games for us, but his son still ends up in the black and white. Love it.

I think he may have been a NGA player for .Carlton if I remember correctly.

I think he may have been a NGA player for .Carlton if I remember correctly.
Yes, I do remember that from a year or two back when he reached draft age. I think he was going to play with Northern Blues but he may not have done due to Covid. I'm not sure what qualified him as an NGA player, but can only imagine it must be connected to his mother's ethnicity.
Edit: Next Generation Academy prospects
1646618419334.png
1646618170089.png
He certainly does resemble the old man!
1646618242572.png

Yes, I do remember that from a year or two back when he reached draft age. I think he was going to play with Northern Blues but he may not have done due to Covid. I'm not sure what qualified him as an NGA player, but can only imagine it must be connected to his mother's ethnicity.
Edit: Next Generation Academy prospects
View attachment 1340131
View attachment 1340129
He certainly does resemble the old man!
View attachment 1340130

Thanks for following that up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back